Hacking Will we still be able to use our old flashcards on 3DS?

Gabbo3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have a CycloDS card for my DS Lite. Will I be able to use that and play the games on it on the 3DS, to play DS games? I suppose I could always keep my DS Lite, but it would be nice to have it all on one system.

Thanks in advance.

Aijelsop

Question Asker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is probably trying to block everything of the kind, including DSi ones. I'm sure people will bypass it easily though.

Matthew

Trophies
XP
Country
Not imediently, but it is likely that some of the good flashcards will get around it. I bet DS mode will be the first thing to be hacked.

EDIT: As the cycloDS cannot even be played on a DS I doubt that it will ever

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
From recent news it seams that the 3DS will run some sort of multitasking OS that you will be able to bring in at any time by pressing the HOME button, and then you'll be able to switch back to the game you were playing without any loss.
It seams to me that even though flashcart makers could make it so that their card will appear as a legitimate NDS game and maybe run on the 3DS, still the 3DS will have some kind of intelligent software running in the background at any given time that could easily spot any ' unauthorized ' code while it's running.
Again, only speculation here, I guess we will know it pretty soon
wink.gif

lordrand11

The Wheel of Time Turns and Ages Come And Pass.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gabbo3 said:
I have a CycloDS card for my DS Lite. Will I be able to use that and play the games on it on the 3DS, to play DS games? I suppose I could always keep my DS Lite, but it would be nice to have it all on one system.

Thanks in advance.

I would have to say negatory to that. There's always a possibility but if Nintendo's going for the Extreme AP measure then there's a possibility that the unit will have automatic updates on it. Which could block the use of said flashcarts.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Gabbo3 said:

Thanks in advance.
Errr... actually, it is highly not possible.
Nintendo and THQ had claimed that this console had extreme anti-piracy measures, it may be true (Nintendo lost sales from pirates!).

Just like ordinary DS Lite carts on the DSi, it will not work.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
I never read much into the DSi but didn't it make old flashcarts impossible to use? I don't see why the 3DS would be any different

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
SmokeFox said:
A Gay Little Catboy said:
How would anyone really know?
Besides, why not just buy the games instead?
Because here in brazil the game costs 20% of the minimum wage.
Well that sucks, but he lives in Canada (according to his flag) and last I checked (which was like a year or two ago), video games don't cost that much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1