Gaming will transferring pokemon from Japanese green work on an english console

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
is there actual confirmation that nintendo will update the pokebank to work with the vc games?
the vc games had been released for a long time now..

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
is there actual confirmation that nintendo will update the pokebank to work with the vc games?
there is iirc

Reactions: Queno138

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Yes, it was confirmed they will update the Poketransporter to import Gen I VC games Pokemon into Pokebank.
(the original ones with the trading patch, not the BBB conversion)

It was on the main website.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Yes, it was confirmed they will update the Poketransporter to import Gen I VC games Pokemon into Pokebank.
(the original ones with the trading patch, not the BBB conversion)

It was on the main website.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Well presently they do not show 2 different Pokemon X, when there is a cart and eshop version on the same console.

Yup, we don't know, so take necessary preparations, and don't regret the lack thereof.

edit: also, even if it works, it may negatively affect legitimacy
thats because all pkemon x and ys and oras have same title key we won't know until bank update comes out though

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
well mew might not work but atleast using the ditto glitch to get a ton of mewtwos and kanto birds will work since there catchable in game and gen 1 has no location data so as long as they have legal moves and you level them up using the lv 100 trick it should work

Reactions: Queno138

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
well mew might not work but atleast using the ditto glitch to get a ton of mewtwos and kanto birds will work since there catchable in game and gen 1 has no location data so as long as they have legal moves and you level them up using the lv 100 trick it should work

Yeah normal Pokemon caught through Ditto glitch should work!

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
the trasnporter will most likely just read the pokemon numbers, levels and OT
moves list, and nicknames i am not sure but they may be not included...
as stats mechanics suffered changes between gen 1 gen 2 and gen 3+ games they can't be included and will be regenerated on the new games.

what this means?
it doesn't matter how you caught it, as long as the data that is read isn't some gibberish data or wrong data (like pokemon number 153 which doesn't exist on gen 1 at level 945 with a correpted trainer name)

stats will be recalculated in the pokemon bank.
most likely you won't be able to take your pokemon back to the VC games.

why i don't think moves list will be transported
because using glitches cheats and whatnot you can teach your diglet fly, or other impossible moves for that pokemon... (there also had been changes on what a pokemon can learn or not, between gens)
this can be dealt 2 ways, discard the moves list the pokemon had in VC, the transporter generates a new moves list according to that level (and maybe put some egg moves)
or the transported has a list of every move legitimaly possible for every pokemon (like gts) and if it has forbidden moves, it can't be transported.

about nicknames and OT
the games use different sets of characters.. there is no pk mn symbols on gen 6
in gen 1 there was also a multiplication sign (for whatever reason) when pokemon is transported either this characters will need to be discarded (maped to blank) or the entire name will not make it to the 6+ gen game...
there is also need to be extra cautions because missignos and glitch pokemon abuse this..

or everything can be magically solved by JUST reading the pokemon number, and "because it traveled in space and time", it turned itself into an egg. in the 6+ gen games you can now hatch your old cubone from your gen 1 (which is actually an entirely new pokemon)

Reactions: gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
the trasnporter will most likely just read the pokemon numbers, levels and OT
moves list, and nicknames i am not sure but they may be not included...
as stats mechanics suffered changes between gen 1 gen 2 and gen 3+ games they can't be included and will be regenerated on the new games.

what this means?
it doesn't matter how you caught it, as long as the data that is read isn't some gibberish data or wrong data (like pokemon number 153 which doesn't exist on gen 1 at level 945 with a correpted trainer name)

because using glitches cheats and whatnot you can teach your diglet fly, or other impossible moves for that pokemon... (there also had been changes on what a pokemon can learn or not, between gens)
this can be dealt 2 ways, discard the moves list the pokemon had in VC, the transporter generates a new moves list according to that level (and maybe put some egg moves)
or the transported has a list of every move legitimaly possible for every pokemon (like gts) and if it has forbidden moves, it can't be transported.

about nicknames and OT
in gen 1 there was also a multiplication sign (for whatever reason) when pokemon is transported either this characters will need to be discarded (maped to blank) or the entire name will not make it to the 6+ gen game...
there is also need to be extra cautions because missignos and glitch pokemon abuse this..

or everything can be magically solved by JUST reading the pokemon number, and "because it traveled in space and time", it turned itself into an egg. in the 6+ gen games you can now hatch your old cubone from your gen 1 (which is actually an entirely new pokemon)
I had a garbage glitched Pokemon with no 249. When I connected my Red save to Gold, it called it Lugia, but then it said it was abnormal and did not trade. Lel

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I had a garbage glitched Pokemon with no 249. When I connected my Red save to Gold, it called it Lugia, but then it said it was abnormal and did not trade. Lel
thing is there are alot of glitch pokemon idk how poketransporter will handle those it may crash because idk how its going to handle displaying the pokemon has a sprite

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
thing is there are alot of glitch pokemon idk how poketransporter will handle those it may crash because idk how its going to handle displaying the pokemon has a sprite
It will not crash. Legality checking should be simple, especially for gen1.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
well the thing is its not about legitiy its about the transporter being able to handle reading glitch it may give you an error code if you have glitch in the box poke transporter uses

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
well the thing is its not about legitiy its about the transporter being able to handle reading glitch it may give you an error code if you have glitch in the box poke transporter uses
Yes, it is about legality.... An abnormal Pokémon will not get transferred. End of question. A glitched Pokémon is abnormal as far as its values go.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, it is about legality.... An abnormal Pokémon will not get transferred. End of question. A glitched Pokémon is abnormal as far as its values go.
well i mean it like this with bw it shows all the pokemon in box one so imagine you have real pokemon in box one on rby vc and some glitch ones what will poke transporter display in the box

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
well i mean it like this with bw it shows all the pokemon in box one so imagine you have real pokemon in box one on rby vc and some glitch ones what will poke transporter display in the box
It will most likely show something like ???? as the name, or give it the name of whichever Pokémon has that number. Trying to transfer it will most likely result in Pokébank telling you it is abnormal.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Yup, with exception to Glitched Mew.

There is only one Legit Mew, so they can block other Mews of different OT.

One definitely won't be able to take it back (ie. one way transfer)
Stats should be recalculated, else havoc.

You made valid point about glitches, but they simply could program in the legitimate move list,
and pokemon that doesn't have the legitimate move list cannot be transferred.

They did that for BW B2W2 for Poketransporter, and the move list allowed goes as far back as changes that started from FRLG.

[qoute]about nicknames and OT
there is also need to be extra cautions because missignos and glitch pokemon abuse this..[/quote]

As I mentioned in previous pages, Pokemon Gen I uses different encoding for character set.

they may be able to allow up to the previously used character set, and any value that exceeds it will either have it reset or not transferred at all.

I've actually considered that perhaps reimplementing a catching minigame to allow soft resetting for stats seems to be a good idea,
but the way Pokebank works, I find it unlikely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello