Will the canceled N64 and 64DD games be re-released exclusively for the N64 Classic Mini?

Will they re-released?

• Yes

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Not

Votes: 37 80.4%
  • Possibly

Votes: 9 19.6%

• Total voters

BiggieCheese

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s highly unlikely; most of the data for these games were likely lost or disposed of a long time ago, there’s nothing that could really be released outside of snippets of archival footage or old screenshots, others probably never existed in the first place (Minecraft N64 definitely didn’t) and some of them were released, just in different forms (see: Mother 3) or under different titles, like how Super Mario RPG 2 became Paper Mario.

D

Deleted_413010

Yes that is right Brute Force I think it was called.

Oh yeah...I have one of those. Its a special edition one. It was signed by Nintendo's CEO and Microsoft's CEO. It comes with 60 GB DDR6 and a Nvidia Tegra CPU. It also has a 100 TB SSD and every single game. Its like the ultimate package. It costs $4,567,289.32 USD

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You forgot the most important part the Free Mc Donalds Meal Promotion I got a Gherkin stuck in my teeth from the burger I got free in the meal but they gave me a complimentary Jaguar 64 for Nintendo 64 and a 64DO extremly rare.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire
D

Deleted_413010

You forgot the most important part the Free Mc Donalds Meal Promotion I got a Gherkin stuck in my teeth from the burger I got free in the meal but they gave me a complimentary Jaguar 64 for Nintendo 64 and a 64DO extremly rare.

I got an Atari 6700. One of the most powerful Atari consoles in the world. More powerful than the Switch and is atleast a generation ahead of its time. It has a dual quad-core processor and a 600 GB hard drive. Its valued at over $600K.

NancyDS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
It’s highly unlikely; most of the data for these games were likely lost or disposed of a long time ago, there’s nothing that could really be released outside of snippets of archival footage or old screenshots, others probably never existed in the first place (Minecraft N64 definitely didn’t) and some of them were released, just in different forms (see: Mother 3) or under different titles, like how Super Mario RPG 2 became Paper Mario.
Actually Minecraft N64 did exist.

Here is your source and a screenshot here:
Glide64_SUPER_MARIO_64_11_719227.jpg

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You didn't mention Quest 64 II, Super Mario 64 II,Ura Zelda,MOTHER 3 N64DD, Duke Nukem Forever(it's unknown if this version could be never cancelled Nintendo would want to port this on N64)(1998-2001 not final version), Spider-Man 1 N64 port re-released on N64 classic edition,Conker 64 Twelve Tales,Jazz Jackrabbit 3, Final Fantasy VII N64 cancelled port,Half-Life 1 Decay(cancelled port for Sega Dreamcast) and Unreal 1 cancelled N64 and psone ports. I guess it could happen if Sony and Nintendo produce hardwares together speaking of SNES CD(perhaps then MOTHER 3 SNES prototype could be finished just like Kid Icarus for SNES(unrealeased),Rayman 1 SNES unrealeased port there was also Rayman 2 prototype in 2D), Nintendo PlayStation and Nintendo 64 Disk Drive. But after that Nintendo might start making softwares just like Sega nowadays. In different timeline of past Atari Jaguar 2 could be launched and released in game console market. Sega would be then very powerful and more famous just like Sony nowadays.

Last edited by Luke94,

vexiant-shmo

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
You're joking, right? :mellow:

That aside, I doubt any 64DD games will be present on any potential N64 classic, let alone unfinished or canceled ones.
I doubt Nintendo would be interested in showcasing a new classic system with a line-up of unfinished prototypes.

I've got a guy on the inside. They're going to release a few DD and canceled projects exclusively on a few systems. Get your facts straight, guy

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a troll .. Or another temp bot...
it's like Manbearpig, but.....you get it.

You guys, did you hear?? They're gonna port Crysis, GTA V (AND 6IX), Banjo and Kazooie 1, Stickball X Basket hoop-game, Kick the Can, and a cold pizza to the 64!
That's not all....I heard....they're gonna make a toaster for hotdogs!
81JhdEkrFIL._SY355_.jpg

well, fuck a duck.

but, but, but, they're probably also going to put Breath of the Wild 2 in there...after you hack it with butter.
but! it's got like, 200gb of bread, so you know that baby is gonna purrrrr like a fish fart.

Nancy, I might have to hire you to be an abuse puppet.

be my Ralphie.

Reactions: Alexander1970

spanner

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
N64 Mini is fake,the Raspberry Pi 3 is just about able to run a N64, On Retropie it shudders so Nintendo would have to make the board for it faster than a RPI3B. Not all games work.

Can you emulate a N64 on a 3DS

Last edited by spanner,

LucasM3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would be great if this came out. N64 game prices are starting to go higher. If it came out hopefully it will lower prices of some games.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
A lot of the appeal of the "Classic" line of systems (and also where Sony failed) is putting the most popular games from that generation on the consoles. They sell because of the nostalgia factor, for the most part. While an exception was made for Star Fox 2, it was indeed an exception and not the rule. Collectors prefer to have things in their original state so these won't become collectors items for a long time, and they're just appealing to people who don't care about that and want to play their favorite classics on their HDTVs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.