Hacking Will Mario kart require an update ??

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are we able to play Mario Kart online, on Switch Firmware 2.0.0? Or do we have to update the system to play online?

Arck

Trophies
XP
Country
of course the game don't have 2.1 build in it, pretty sure the factory already started to made the gamecard before the Switch was released

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
defintely needs to be updated, some day ago i tried playing Fast RMX and it needed an update and before that update the system needed to update before that update XD

oh well, can't stay low for now.
as i will be getting MK8D tomorrow.

edit: i see people saying it works with 2.0 , how ?
fast rmx force updated my system, i could not use its online functions otherwise.

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

drdoom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just turned on brand new switch I bought on first day of retail (1.0) and I have decided not to connect to the internet for now. First game in was MK8D and I was neither prompted to update from cart nor did the firmware version change after playing for an hour. FYI for those interested.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

D

Deleted-368796

That's good to hear you can stay on 1.0
Bad that it didn't come with the 2.0 update. That was really needed right about now.

I am kinda bummed out cause I am still on 1.0, and the one game I am waiting for the most will probably require newer FW.
Oh well. It might still be a while before Smash actually gets a release date.

D

Deleted-368796

Can someone that has a Switch on 1.0 see if it prompts to update if you try to play local multiplayer against someone on another Switch with higher FW?
I am hoping that it will prompt you to update, and if that person is actually on 2.0 then maybe the 1.0 system will be able to go to 2.0

D

Deleted-368796

Since no one bothered to reply to my post, I did the leg work and figured it out.

You DO NOT have to update your Firmware if you initiate a local multiplayer match with another Switch on higher FW.
To make this clear: Switch #1 (system FW1.0) w/MK8D physical cart +[local WiFi multiplayer]+ Switch #2 (system FW2.2) w/MK8D physical cart = No sys FW update required.

That is the case as of this moment. It might change in the future when Ninty updates the MarioKart game itself. Update for MK8D is very likely soon, considering the current state of online multiplayer and connection issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.