Hacking Will I get banned if I play online on a pirated game?

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being honest here, i doubt is possible to get banned for piracy. For one thing even if you do sync trophies, sony has no way to know if you actually buy a game to play
For digital only games, they would know you should own it and don't. For games with a physical version, they can't tell if the trophies are from the physical or digital version.

ayanekochan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's okay to use games dumped from carts because they're not on the PSN download list?

Kind of makes me want to dump the same game twice, digital and cart version, and then compare them.
Too bad I don't have the cart and digital version of the same game and nobody labels what they dumped from.

Honestly I have no idea how they'd be able to tell, it is still risky to assume they can't.

Cart and digital games tend to have different game IDs. I don't know if dumped carts automatically change to digital ID, but my physical carts have IDs that begin with different letters than PCXXXXXX for the game data and save folders.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For digital only games, they would know you should own it and don't. For games with a physical version, they can't tell if the trophies are from the physical or digital version.
Well unless like i said before where switching accounts like on ps3 and ps4 isn't possible, i can concede that fact but i dunno if is possible. I never done it. I saw that other regions has some exclusive demos and free to play games (example dead or alive extreme 3 free to play) one would think all you have to do is create english asia (Japan) account, download the game, switch to standard account and play it, with no problem. So unless i'm wrong about it then perhaps is one case. Still i admit to downloading a vpk of a japanese game, playing it, earning a trophy and sync it to server with no problems. :mellow:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Honestly I have no idea how they'd be able to tell, it is still risky to assume they can't.

Cart and digital games tend to have different game IDs. I don't know if dumped carts automatically change to digital ID, but my physical carts have IDs that begin with different letters than PCXXXXXX for the game data and save folders.
Both physical and digital have same title id. I know from experience using past dealings. :P

Title id for games are 4 letters to determine, which system the console will be PSP/PS1/Vita and then 5 numbers, to tell the which game it is.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Thanks. Anyways that was for syncing a lot of trophies at once, not going online. It was a only temp ban too.
Syncing too many trophies will bet you banned?
I remember forgetting about syncing MT trophies in PS3 for a year,then had a lot of troubles trying to sync every time,until finally managed to sync all my trophies.
and nothing happened.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

DinckelMan

Your Favorite Water Mage!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm absolutely mindblown that Nintendo isnt capable of doing the same thing with pirated games. Basically giving away games for free to pirates and letting them play online too

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm absolutely mindblown that Nintendo isnt capable of doing the same thing with pirated games. Basically giving away games for free to pirates and letting them play online too
Well *AHEM* POKEMON SUN/MOON PIRATED GAMES BEFORE RELEASE *COUGH* :ninja:

And what do they have to gain from banning people from online for piracy? Only a slightly worst reputatiton. They already aren't gaining money from the pirate, so what will having them play online do to damage anything? I guess perhaps sure it shows they aren't punished for it, but justt how bad is playing online with a pirated game than with a legit one? :unsure:

Way i see it, nintendo already has a rocky reputation that probably is the worst of the three (Sony and microsoft being the other 2) 2016, 2 C&D for 2 huge fan projects, Pokemon sun and moon early access ban, while nintendo had every right to do these actions, still damaged the reputation, and now the nintendo switch launch defective units. Maybe i'm thinking about it wrong but it seem like even though the games are pirated, perhaps nintendo can't tell they are. :unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.