Hacking Will bluetooth support be possible any time soon?

ravensfan8448

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I have my recently purchased switch sitting here waiting for xecuter OS and I just started thinking of possible Bluetooth support in the future. I'm coming from CEMU zelda BOTW on my PC, and I have grown quite attached to playing with my ps4 controller. It would be fantastic If I could avoid buying a pro controller and just use my PS4 controller, also great if I could use my bluetooth headphones. My initial searches through the forums here seem to show that audio would be a problem over bluetooth, but controller wise should I hold off on buying a pro controller for now?

lembi2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Not possible. No bluetooth card/controller inside the switch and external ones surely aren't gonna work because of horizon os.

Erm…… no Bluetooth you say, are you sure about that?

How do the joycons connect then?

The switch has a LE Bluetooth chip inside it

Reactions: Quantumcat

AndyGJorgensen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
look up 8Bitdo Wireless USB Adapter it will allow you to use a ps4 controller. I think it has to be in docked mode I am not sure

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
I guess we'll have to wait atmosphere for that. I'm personally eager to use ps3 and ps4 controllers. I really don't get the need to lock Bluetooth support by big companies!?

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Look up for the Mayflash Magic-NS adapter. It allows you to use PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 (wired), Xbox One, Logitech and even Wiimote controllers with your Switch. I own one and it's fantastic.

The latest revision also includes an USB-C OTG cable. Which is really nice.

Last edited by DarkMatterCore,

ravensfan8448

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look up for the Mayflash Magic-NS adapter. It allows you to use PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 (wired), Xbox One, Logitech and even Wiimote controllers with your Switch. I own one and it's fantastic.

That does look like its a good option thats available right now. For those interested, . Looks like it can do everything I wanted. Thanks!

heroshime428

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He asked about bluetooth audio as well so your not stupid... From what I know the bluetooth hardware used for the controllers is not capable of audio. Youd have to do a hardware mod for that. Which i had no idea had been done yet but then I saw the link and I was happy to know it can be done with minimal effort.

heroshime428

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume you mean one that sits in the audio jack. As big as those words are...... not many want a big bulky think portruding from the switch while in portable mode. Its kinda awkward and is just another thing to set up with the jig, hooking up to a phone or computer, and running the app to get hbl. Id prefer to just be able to connect via bluetooth without a transmitter sticking out the top that causes audio latency issues.

ravensfan8448

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pro controller >

Hands down.

After looking more in to it, I am actually curious to hear from die hard pro controller fans. I would be able to get full functionality with my ps4 controller and the magic-NS adapter, including rumble and gyro control. After doing a little bit of research the only thing id be missing is amiibo scanning. I have heard that the gyro aiming and rumble on the pro controller could be better on the pro controller, but is it really 70$ good? Ive tried the motion control aiming in cemu BOTW on my PC with my PS4 controller, but I found it too finicky. If the pro controller really is much better I might still pick one up, if not just as a backup controller for multiplayer games.

mmajunkie77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After looking more in to it, I am actually curious to hear from die hard pro controller fans. I would be able to get full functionality with my ps4 controller and the magic-NS adapter, including rumble and gyro control. After doing a little bit of research the only thing id be missing is amiibo scanning. I have heard that the gyro aiming and rumble on the pro controller could be better on the pro controller, but is it really 70$ good? Ive tried the motion control aiming in cemu BOTW on my PC with my PS4 controller, but I found it too finicky. If the pro controller really is much better I might still pick one up, if not just as a backup controller for multiplayer games.
Personally, it's the best controller I've ever used. It has the best feel to it by far, imo. Not to mention it looks nice! I've never had any issues with gyro on it, it works perfectly for me. I would say absolutely get it.

Is it worth $70? Of course not lol, but man, it's such a great controller. Look around on Craigslist, a few shopping apps (mercari is where I got mine, brand new for $40), and possibly Amazon and eBay. You'll be glad you did, you definitely won't regret it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries