Not open for further replies.

CruzeForce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry to post this but my theory has already been tested and Nintendo patched it on the newest switch updateđź’€ but what if we make this thread a place about new switch theories about how to jailbreak a v2 and find exploits and im so happy some people like @SciresM joined us so sorry for wasting so much time and I will see you guys later

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sorry to post this but my theory has already been tested and Nintendo patched itđź’€ but what if we make this thread a place about new switch theories, so sorry for wasting so much time and I will see you guys later

I think for the most part people have just been interested in making sure you don't waste your time

CruzeForce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think for the most part people have just been interested in making sure you don't waste your time
thx, but do you think my theory makes sense? as it could be used in the previous switch update
Post automatically merged:

this thread will be for making new theories and finding exploits about switch v2 and we have some professionals with us like @SciresM eg.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thx, but do you think my theory makes sense? as it could be used in the previous switch update

this thread will be for making new theories and finding exploits about switch v2 and we have some professionals with us like @SciresM eg.

If SciresM said it won't work, then it won't work.

Reactions: KiiWii

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If bluetooth was a way to exploit we would had already tried that by now instead spending a lot of money on modchips

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I think it makes sense in that there have been a number of well documented vulnerabilties in bluetooth software stacks over the years, however the switch isn't vulnerable to any of them and its bluetooth software stack has been examined with a fine tooth comb by a number of extremely talented developers.

CruzeForce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If bluetooth was a way to exploit we would had already tried that by now instead spending a lot of money on modchips
It was an actual working method by yellows8

I think it makes sense in that there have been a number of well documented vulnerabilties in bluetooth software stacks over the years, however the switch isn't vulnerable to any of them and its bluetooth software stack has been examined with a fine tooth comb by a number of extremely talented developers.
True

He
If SciresM said it won't work, then it won't work.
That kinda makes sense because he might already tried it

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It was an actual working method by yellows8

True

He
That kinda makes sense because he might already tried it
Well he did reverse engineer and write the whole new firmware from scratch twice.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes that is the real SciresM, and I forget how many hundreds or thousands of hours he said he's put into looking for an exploit, but as above he's been over the relevant code in excruciating detail so when he tells you you're not going to find a software exploit (not even a 1% chance, he has certified the chance as 0%), he's the one you need to believe. If you want to keep hoping anyway and spend your time on it, that's up to you, but don't be surprised when others don't take you seriously.

Reactions: KiiWii

CruzeForce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes that is the real SciresM, and I forget how many hundreds or thousands of hours he said he's put into looking for an exploit, but as above he's been over the relevant code in excruciating detail so when he tells you you're not going to find a software exploit (not even a 1% chance, he has certified the chance as 0%), he's the one you need to believe. If you want to keep hoping anyway and spend your time on it, that's up to you, but don't be surprised when others don't take you seriously.
True, he already tried it

So @SciresM what are you working on currently, are you making a new project? I want to get into the switch modding scene but I don't know how so can anyone give me pointers and tips as I'm new to all this

CruzeForce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What firmware are you testing on?
The latest

lol.

Anyway, compromising the Bluetooth system module is possible. The OP's thing is 1000% fake ("add the jailbreak script? as then the switch would run anything the microcontroller says as it will be known as an admin" is enormously fake gibberish clearly indicating they don't understand how this works). Not surprising given they're a noob and they're not familiar with low level programming. Either way, there actually are other (real) bluetooth module flaws.

The problem is, this is useless. Compromising the bluetooth module does nothing for you in terms of homebrew capabilities; the module is not especially privileged and does not have access to any useful services for further escalation. And of course the kernel continues to have no security bugs.

The Switch isn't like the Wii U or Wii -- there, if you compromised the bluetooth stack, you had all the privileges you needed. Here, you get jack shit.

It's your prerogative to choose to waste your time on something like this, OP, but I'd like to be clear to any onlookers this is a fool's errand and you would, in fact, be wasting your time.
Yo, can you show me coding of the switch and how to reverse engineer as I don't know how and I'm new and Im trying to get into the modding scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F