Homebrew Wiiware, VC and Homebrew Forwarder ISO's

guitarloser85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey spayrosam, first off, v3 rocks. thank you sir. secondly, I've fiddled with it a bit and was wondering if you have any tips on creating a homebrew forwarder for the triiforce_mrc mod (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=184568)? I've used official forwarders and have always had consistency issues with the app loading. more often than not it'll go to black screen and nothing more. and it seems that this issue occurs when using your program as well.
I'm sure it's something I did wrong but the paths are consistent, I tried loading from SD and USB and have tried a couple different settings in wiiflow (autopatch, disable error 002 fix, ios 222/249) but nothing seems to help. Any ideas?

fullstrength

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got this working through xpmode on my desktop....all steps worked like a charm....wiixplorer iso doesnt seem to work correctly though....when i load wiixplorer through hbc it reads my config file and works as it should.....when i use the forwarder iso it doesnt seem to read the config file or mount anything for that matter....any ideas?

chevygirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My hdd is formated to wbfs. I can only add iso's to it. Could the VC games and or Wiiware game just be made (injected) into an iso so all that has to be done is just add the iso to your hdd just like a wii iso?

chevygirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
nope, impossible

u need a triiforce emulated nand on sd or usb.... period.... at least until sneek is perfected... then u'll still need an emulated nand, but for sneek

I have a vc iso on my hdd and the nand of the vc on my sd and it won't load for me. I have tryed different vc games and none of them load.

guitarloser85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spayrosam said:
Please put "3Loader" folder into 3Apps folder and create your Wiixplorer hombrew (entrypoint!!(untested)
wiixplorer R107
Please report Thanks

download 3Loader.dol
Gave it a shot and it seemed to have increased stability, but the usb drive becomes inaccessible after forwarding, whereas loading through homebrew channel has no issue.
Tried this with triiforce and it loaded once and code-dumped the next time...

fullstrength

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guitarloser85 said:
spayrosam said:
Please put "3Loader" folder into 3Apps folder and create your Wiixplorer hombrew (entrypoint!!(untested)
wiixplorer R107
Please report Thanks

download 3Loader.dol
Gave it a shot and it seemed to have increased stability, but the usb drive becomes inaccessible after forwarding, whereas loading through homebrew channel has no issue.

Glad to see I'm not the only one trying to get WiiXplorer forwarded through an iso....sounds like your results are the same as mine...it won't mount the usb drive through the forwarder, and since my config file is located on the usb drive I'm getting nowhere...I don't use the sd slot now that everything is available through usb/fat32, but I did try placing the config file on an sd card and launching the iso with the card in the slot...results where the sd card was mounted, files showed, I not only wrote to the card but I made changes to my settings and the program modified the config text....so the problem definately resides in mounting usb through the iso forwarder....any ideas

p.s. did you use the rev107 boot.dol....or the forwarder.dol? Not sure if it makes a difference but I used the forwarder dol

EDIT* I just tried making an iso with the rev107.dol and the forwarder.dol....both have same problem mounting usb drive, if I launch either iso with and sd card containing a copy of the config file inserted I get access to sd card and all saved smb shares....but still no usb....???

guitarloser85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya I tried it mainly because I'm having problems with triiforce as well and thought it might help with that. It didn't. Actually since I've put that folder in the 3apps folder, I've had code dumps on the wiiware/vc iso forwarders I've made (even after removing the folder).

But to answer your question, it was the rev107.dol that I was forwarding to.

spayrosam

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for your report

Before I released "3 ISO'S Studio V3", I knew Homebrew ISO'S forwarders making problems (entrypoint)
Please use 3loader folder for certain ISO'S (each homebrew has its entrypoint)
It is impossible to create "Forwarder Base" for every wii app..
I will try to resolve "Wiixplorer / Triiforce-mrc entryponints"

guitarloser85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spayrosam said:
Thanks for your report

Before I released "3 ISO'S Studio V3", I knew Homebrew ISO'S forwarders making problems (entrypoint)
Cool, thanks for your work spayrosam!

guitarloser85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea if this could help or not but here's a screenshot of the codedump I'm getting with the recently created VC (N64) and Wiiware (World of Goo) ISO forwarders loaded through wiiflow.

0213000217a.jpg

fullstrength

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spayrosam said:
Thanks for your report

Thank you so much Sparyosam.....we really appreciate all the time you've put into this!

fullstrength

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fullstrength said:
guitarloser85 said:
spayrosam said:
wiixplorer R107
Please report Thanks

download 3Loader.dol

Glad to see I'm not the only one trying to get WiiXplorer forwarded through an iso....sounds like your results are the same as mine...it won't mount the usb drive through the forwarder, and since my config file is located on the usb drive I'm getting nowhere...I don't use the sd slot now that everything is available through usb/fat32, but I did try placing the config file on an sd card and launching the iso with the card in the slot...results where the sd card was mounted, files showed, I not only wrote to the card but I made changes to my settings and the program modified the config text....so the problem definately resides in mounting usb through the iso forwarder....any ideas

p.s. did you use the rev107 boot.dol....or the forwarder.dol? Not sure if it makes a difference but I used the forwarder dol

EDIT* I just tried making an iso with the rev107.dol and the forwarder.dol....both have same problem mounting usb drive, if I launch either iso with and sd card containing a copy of the config file inserted I get access to sd card and all saved smb shares....but still no usb....???

What do you think would cause the wiixplorer to launch successfully but just not allow usb mounting....would that be an entry point issue, or something wrong with wiixplorer?

guitarloser85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ fullstrength; my guess is that the forwarder isn't releasing the usb drive properly after forwarding the app. i doubt it's a config file issue, because usb access is integrated into the app and needs no configuration to be accessed. i guess it could be entrypoint. I don't really know much about ISO forwarding, but it seems when it comes to homebrew forwarding it's always been a little buggy.
Our only hope lies in spayrosam lol
closedeyes.gif

guitarloser85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I redownloaded v3 (to make sure the 3loader.dol had nothing to do with the problems I was having) and had the same code dump problem with world of goo. I then downloaded v2 and made a forwarder from the same wad and it worked flawlessly... I've made many forwarders for VC (nes, snes and genesis) with v3 without a problem, but the one wiiware title I tried failed and all n64 VC titles failed, while v2 created forwarders fine.

zeedds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am getting the exact same code dump with two iso i made. gate of thunder pce vc and splatterhouse arcade. I was using an iso fer gate of thunder i made using last version and it works fine. i made the new one to get a coverart to save me time in making it. i changed the iso and the forwarder to see if it would change the openning bnr and now it code dumps. also splatterhouse made a cover that says neo geo. the code dump is exactly the same as guitarloser85s and gate of thunder worked fine with your previous release.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So its seems like this was never really supported...there are no covers on wiitdb, and i have yet to find a pack for this. I got all the wiiware ones ready but I got no covers. I need 3d and full. anyone know if anyone has worked on this at all? i have no graphical capabilities on the pc or else i would work on it myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • light27 @ light27:
    fun fact
  • light27 @ light27:
    the first time i ever played on a wii u EVER was when I was getting my ear tubes removed
  • light27 @ light27:
    i was playing wii party
  • light27 @ light27:
    u*
  • light27 @ light27:
    but i only got to play for like
  • light27 @ light27:
    3 seconds
  • light27 @ light27:
    younger me would've never thought that I would have a wii u now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, i wanted a Wii u as a kid when i watched a Mario kart 8 commercial on tv
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a Wii-U it sucked lol
    Even hacked it sucked lol
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    nah the Wii U wasn't bad
    +1
    the hardware is good
    The controller sucked
    it has good games, just not enough of them
    +1
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    the indie games on wii u were amazing though
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    and also some of nintendo's first party games
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    some of the best selling games on the switch are wii u ports (that are priced way too high
    like come on 60 for a game thats a decade old??)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @ColdBlitz, i forgot breath of the wild released for the Wii u
    $60 for a game that's a decade old might be unheard of on PC but actually is not uncommon on consoles
    +1
    especially Nintendo because they only ever lower the price of games when they do a greatest hits/platinum hits/players choice re-release
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, and the HD collections released for 7th gen consoles too
    but they don't seem to have done any of those for the switch yet and maybe never will
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I think we all forgot breath of the wild released for the wii u tbh
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, tbh the HD collections are more justified since they include more than just 1 game per copy
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, tbh the HD collections are more justified since they include more than just 1...