Hacking WiiU game dump's list and nfo

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I personally think stores shouldn't take a big margins. I guess a 5% or 10% should be more than enough.

Anyway it's nintendo's fault because games in e-shop cost about the same price as physical copies in stores. They should make digital downloads cheaper to encourage customers (damn stupid nintendo managers).

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I personally think stores shouldn't take a big margins. I guess a 5% or 10% should be more than enough.

Anyway it's nintendo's fault because games in e-shop cost about the same price as physical copies in stores. They should make digital downloads cheaper to encourage customers (damn stupid nintendo managers).
The problem is retailers don't let them do that because their sales will suffer. It's pretty much use same price for retail and digital or have no one willing to sell your games anymore IIRC.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not up for funding these ass holes. not because im poor or because i dont believe in what they are doing. but after looking at all complaints all over the place about the 3key STILL not being updated and issue's with the 360key. also to basically arrange pre-orders when really if the pre-orders dont reach their expectations then they will dissapear with what money they have collected (im not on board) lol.................... i hope someone poops on their party hats soon enough before too many get ripped off

I've had an xkey for quite a while, thats the Xbox 360 ODE, and have not had a single issue with it. It had some updates but if it ain't broke...

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

optikalsaint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well that is all well and good but 5-10% realistically would not support keeping their stores open, especially when they have 500-1000 across a country like the United States, for example, all with staff that needs to eat to pay their rent. It's one thing if you only have less than a handful of stores and employees, but when you are a chain there is a ton of expenses you have to account for that really put a damper in your pricing.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is retailers don't let them do that because their sales will suffer. It's pretty much use same price for retail and digital or have no one willing to sell your games anymore IIRC.

How can you tell? I thought the sales weren't up to snuff due to the small user base...?

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see the issue with file sizes. Well, perhaps it'll make some people with slow internet reconsider pirating the games. x'D
Shouldn't take much more than an hour to download it though, depending on the host server.

We have caps dude. Comcast in my area only lets us download 300GB a month. If we go over, they charge more money.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how used games could ever be considered worse than piracy.....even if a game goes through the hands of 6-7 people that's still 1 legit sales with profits to developer for every 6 sales, as opposed to 1 legit sale ripped and redistributed to 1000(very low estimate)....you would have to be pretty dumb to think that's better than second hand sales

Because, when they spend money on used games, they can't buy new games. Compare these two scenarios. 1) Buy $500 worth of new games, plus pirate some more, vs, 2) Buy $500 worth of used games and don't pirate some more. Pirating the medium and low quality games means you can afford to buy brand new copies of the good games. Despite Wii piracy, I still bought brand new legit copies of the better games. I want to pirate games like Wheel of Fortune and NBA 2k13. I want to buy games like Mario Kart and Smash Brothers. If I bought used copies of 3rd party games, then there would be no money left to buy new copies of 1st party games. That doesn't make any sense.

thats probably where you live trough here you go to the "New Game"(yup that is the store name they sell new and used games) store selling a game that costs 60 euros still and they give you 40 and sell them for 50 so the margins are preety good and always have been atleast here we get 40 put 20 upfront and buy a new game thats what i do and the store only gains 10 euros for each used game being sold there.I dont see anything that is being abusive to the clients if you ask me.

Sure in your country, but that isn't how it is in America. They would give you $8 for that $60 game, and then sell it for $55.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Mmm... now I have a question, suppose that will be relased a hack, with the SD or something similar with Wii, in this moment, is better to stay on 4.1.0? or we can update to futures update safetely?, I ask this because if I don't update, I can't access the eShop...

Reactions: rubencube

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure in your country, but that isn't how it is in America. They would give you $8 for that $60 game, and then sell it for $55.
I don't know what back alley you're selling your used games in, but if you sell your used game soon after it comes out, you can often get ~$30-40 back for it. There's no need to exaggerate the situation.
Because, when they spend money on used games, they can't buy new games. Compare these two scenarios. 1) Buy $500 worth of new games, plus pirate some more, vs, 2) Buy $500 worth of used games and don't pirate some more. Pirating the medium and low quality games means you can afford to buy brand new copies of the good games. Despite Wii piracy, I still bought brand new legit copies of the better games. I want to pirate games like Wheel of Fortune and NBA 2k13. I want to buy games like Mario Kart and Smash Brothers. If I bought used copies of 3rd party games, then there would be no money left to buy new copies of 1st party games. That doesn't make any sense.
You're right, what you just typed doesn't make any sense. The guy you quoted was trying to say that piracy is worse than used games. I tried coming up with what your point was, but it was hurting my head too much, so I stopped.

R4Chuck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
Mmm... now I have a question, suppose that will be relased a hack, with the SD or something similar with Wii, in this moment, is better to stay on 4.1.0? or we can update to futures update safetely?, I ask this because if I don't update, I can't access the eShop...

It's better to be safe than sorry. Stay on 4.1.

Nintendo's account system is garbage. Don't bother with the eShop.

Reactions: Goku Junior

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
We have caps dude. Comcast in my area only lets us download 300GB a month. If we go over, they charge more money.

Well, I don't know. In my country there is no such thing as caps anymore. Only 3G has small caps like only 2GB a month, for the rest though, even the cheapest internet (well, slow 24mbps), also has unlimited traffic.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what back alley you're selling your used games in, but if you sell your used game soon after it comes out, you can often get ~$30-40 back for it. There's no need to exaggerate the situation.

You're right, what you just typed doesn't make any sense. The guy you quoted was trying to say that piracy is worse than used games. I tried coming up with what your point was, but it was hurting my head too much, so I stopped.

Except I don't sell games right after they come out. It's going to be years before I'd want to sell a game. My point is that piracy means less money spent on used games, more money spent on new games really. Everytime I buy a shitty used 3rd party game, that's less money to buy a nice new game. Instead, I could pirate the bad games and buy the good ones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/2byHyqiZVS8?si=Qr7te3eS9u0xQYDh