sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,

Posting here since it is related to WiiSXR.

I've downloaded and injected the WiiSXR forwarder onto my Wii U.

I've tried Wip3out 2097 (SCES-PAL) and it worked like a charm, only one bug, the START button on my gamepad completely froze my Wii U with a Exception (DSI) occurred !

And I've tried Crash Team Racing (SCES-PAL-NoEDC) and it loads the intro screen and then... loads all the soundbank, and nothing else.

Freeze at "Sony Computer Entertainment Europe presents" and then nothing..

I do not know what causes this problem...

Anyone have a fix ?

Thanks in advance, cordially, sp3.

sp3off

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
are you using the BIOS file?
it's required for most games, very few games are working with emulated bios (HLE)

Yes, I'm using the european one. (SCPH1002.bin renamed to SCPH1001.bin, because this is the only way to make it work)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I suppose these games are working fine in vWii mode, they only have issue with the added cpu speed?
Did you try with a WiiVC forwarder without added speed too ?

just to locate the issue, either the game (doesn't work at all), the wiivc (works in vwii, doesn't in any wiivc) or the speed hack (works in vwii, wiivc, not wiivc speed hack)

you also tried both interpreter and dynarec?

sp3off

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
As I've saw on the WiKi, someone also tried and had the same results as me. Doesn't work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Game launches but does not work, WiiSXR works perfectly, no issues about that. For the Speedhack this is the same. Works. I've tried by disabling FPS speed, and had the amazing results of 128 FPS max

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do we need a new compatibility list for WiiSXR ?
a user said the wiki is all messed up due to wrong user's tests done with old wiiSX (not R).
Also, I guess the results will differ if tested with added CPU clock speed now wiivc inject is possible.

if all is properly explained in the "comment" column, I guess we don't need separated compatibility lists.

I added a link on the wiki to latest compiled version by Fix94 with added wiiu gamepad support, and linked to mini guide how to build a channel.
it's temporary link until it's merged to wiisxr official release.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: niuus

sp3off

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well results are the same as I've experienced according on the Wiki.

WiiSXR wasn't updated since the 18th of February 2017.

That's the Max I've had, with the clock speed uncapped.

D

Deleted User

Do we need a new compatibility list for WiiSXR ?
a user said the wiki is all messed up due to wrong user's tests done with old wiiSX (not R).
Also, I guess the results will differ if tested with added CPU clock speed now wiivc inject is possible.

if all is properly explained in the "comment" column, I guess we don't need separated compatibility lists.

I added a link on the wiki to latest compiled version by Fix94 with added wiiu gamepad support, and linked to mini guide how to build a channel.
it's temporary link until it's merged to wiisxr official release.

The WiiSXR wiki should be up to date. I used the latest Beta 2.2 release for testing.

Reactions: sp3off
D

Deleted User

I asked FIX in the Wiiu WiiVC inject thread if there are any performance improvements for us wii user.
For now i´m waiting for his reply.

sp3off

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay. I also asked him via PM if these changes will be implemented with CBHC.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ah, just saw your edit @Cyan , will try with Interpreter.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
there there are performance in speed if you launch from a WiiVC speed hack (some games are even too fast in interpreter mode now, no need of dynamic recompiler anymore)
interpreter should work better than dynarec in general, so the cpu speed + interpreter should work faster than wii cpu speed + dynarec, but the games will have the same compatibility. only the speed is better.

I didn't test myself, but it's just some logical thoughts on how the emulator is working.

Last edited by Cyan,

sp3off

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nope, with speedhack it's the same results as Dynarec, works flawlessly until the Intro screen as said before.
Without the speedhacks, i'm surprised to say that it lags, even at the bios start-up.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I should try it myself, it seems interesting with the new cpu speed. Wii homebrew with better performance era :D
I'm curious about Descent Wii by tueidj too!

I never tried CFW yet on wiiu, I guess I'll install haxchi or cbhc and test these wiivc injection for emulators. I'm more a reader and helper than player and hacker these days.

Last edited by Cyan,

sp3off

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I should try it myself, it seems interesting with the new cpu speed. Wii homebrew with better performance era :D
I'm curious about Descent Wii by tueidj too!

I never tried CFW yet on wiiu, I guess I'll install haxchi or cbhc and test these wiivc injection for emulators. I'm more a reader and helper than player and hacker these days.

Yeah haha, it surely gives a new way to play these games, and so at full speed !
The CPU uncapping makes it better to play. Maybe someday we will have WiiVC homebrews with some HD graphics, or remasters of Wii games made to fit the new CPU speed xD

Reactions: marduk666

sp3off

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
UPDATE : Tried with an EDC/CUE version and patched by a scene group, the same results that happens.
I'm now trying with a CloneCD version.

sp3off

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Another update, CloneCD version also does not work. Seems that this is related to the homebrew, and not the game.

BUT the NTSC version is reported to work. If I import some NTSC basic files without touching to the game integrity, will it work ?

Last edited by sp3off,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.