Homebrew Wiiscrubber 1.40 kit with multiboot

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Omega Knight said:
Great work Dack, one question, is this version the same as the one you guys were thinking of merging with SoftChip?

I think it is. But Dack told in a PM that the savegame issue is still unsolved. Until this isn't done it will not be included in SoftChip, the bugfixes and some other things for preparation of multi game discs may get included anyway.

Dack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The loader is based on Softchip and I've given copies of the code back to them as I've been developing.

When everything works correctly then it will be merged into the release version.

One issue at present, as I mention in the readme of the loader, is that the save game created seems to be using a slightly different ID to the correct one if the game is not in the last data slot of the primary partition. i.e. if you put two copies of a game on a disc, one in the primary partition and one in the secondary, then they seem to use different slots (so you can end up with two save games). If you had three copies then you would still only get two saves. This may be down to my dodgy testing however.

This is really quite confusing as the online functions work and they require the correct game ID.

old_darkness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can we make a wiki about, who big the crypted partitions of Games are ?

Example: (shrinked and Crypted)

Wii_Chess(crypted) Pal 26,368 Mb

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice work as usual Dack (I will have to get around to writing all these slightly offbeat tools up into an article one day soon).

I am prepared to be headbutted for this but looking at the likes of wiiware wad packed games ( http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=133795 ) I am drawn to wonder if it is now worth the effort exploring disc loading (nobody is going to waste a disc for a 20 meg wiiware game but for 50 things might change).
I would be interested to see if we could spin this with a flatmii.

mrtankjump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Between our two test results, both of us had a game fail in the second slot of partition 1. I don't know if it's coincidence or not, especially since yours actually booted into the game. Also, if the save data is different(bad) for the primary partition, maybe it's related to the game the .iso was cleared to be used as a multi-game .iso. If it only happens to the game in the primary partition, we could always just use a filler.

old_darkness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@ dack

it is possible to open a burned DVD directly with Wiiscrubber......

ok after i post it, not every DVD-ROM can handle the Format, right ?

mrtankjump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure I figured out why Link's Crossbow Training doesn't work. The scrubbed data is about 484mb as a packed .iso. My shrinked crypted partition that I extracted ended up being 1.49gb. How this happened is beyond me, but it's probably related to the game not loading for me.

old_darkness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mrtankjump said:
I'm pretty sure I figured out why Link's Crossbow Training doesn't work. The scrubbed data is about 484mb as a packed .iso. My shrinked crypted partition that I extracted ended up being 1.49gb. How this happened is beyond me, but it's probably related to the game not loading for me.

my is:

and its worked for me....

mrtankjump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
old_darkness said:
mrtankjump said:

my is:

and its worked for me....

That's what I'm saying. The partition extracted wrong, so obviously it's not going to work. I wonder how the data can get even smaller than what it is scrubbed. Is there really that much useless data in the first partition?

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
quick Q... why isn't my key.bin file working anymore?

All I did was copy it from my WiiScrubber 1.31 FINAL (which was working), and 1.40 is yelling that it can't find it... is there a special directory it needs to be in?

Dack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
When you extract a crypted partition you are only taking out the game itself. On the usual Nintendo disc you get the *FULL* set of updates in the UPD partitition which is about 200 Meg or so. So I would expect Links Crossbow to be about the 200 to 300 mark.

As for the wrong save ID... I believe I found the issue and it is *NOT* using the wrong ID. When I had been 'playing' with discs earlier, while developing the partition.bin changer, the game I had tested it with (Gravity) and I had changed the ID on the disc. It was that save game I was concerned about.

It looks like Wiiscrubber 1.40 might have an issue with the 1:1 partition and so I'l investigate later (after the rugby
smile.gif
)

@zidane_genome
You need both keys for it to work correctly - the usual and the Korean key. Just run the makewiikeybin.exe in the exe directory.

mrtankjump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
quick Q... why isn't my key.bin file working anymore?

All I did was copy it from my WiiScrubber 1.31 FINAL (which was working), and 1.40 is yelling that it can't find it... is there a special directory it needs to be in?

Mine is in the same directory as WiiScrubber, if it's not working in that directory, regenerate it with MakeKeyBin1.1. Also, there's something to do with the korean key, or kkey.bin, so maybe it's asking for that.

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um..this didn't work for me I had a game it had Rock Band 2,Wii Music,Animal Crossing,and Wii Sports when I tried to load one of the games it just went to a black screen and did nothing does anyone know what the problem is?

mrtankjump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think RB2 could of fit on one single layer DVD with all of those other games, scrubbed or not. Are you putting at least 1 game but no more than 3 games in DATA(0)?

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um I put one game in each partition limit of 4 games I tried loading each one and it did the same thing it went to a Black Screen?

mrtankjump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, I don't think those games could all fit on one Single Layer DVD. RB2 scrubbed is still close to a full size DVD. What game did you use to put the saved crypted partitions in?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to...