Trophies
XP
Country
Is this anything to worry about??

Just got this in an email...

Guys, just a quick heads up
there is an update to the Wii 3.3
3.3e for Australian consoles.
The update doesnt add much funcationity at all, but what it does to is block the Zelda hack, and trucha signed discs.

A trucha disc is one that has been modified. Freeloader is an example of this - and will totally not work with the new update.
A trucha disc can also be a downloaded game. For example, people download discs that are 'scrubbed' which means they are smaller in size.
every single one of these games will not work.
Some people use trucha to get into a game and remove the extra verification checks (so they can play Super mario galaxy without using 1.9g)

I'm just warning you so that if you get 20 calls tomorrow about people not being able to play all their games anymore you can tell them way.

The best idea, which is what i always tell my customers, is to play only only 1:1 dumps of games, don't alter anything on the ISO, leave them untouched!

Thanks

Dack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
*sigh*

I sometimes wonder why I bother.

SCRUBBER DOES NOT USE THE TRUCHA SIGNING EXCEPT FOR LOADING DATA INTO THE DISC.

IT CAME OUT A FEW DAYS BEFORE TRUCHA AND HAS ONLY HAD THE LOAD OPTION SINCE VERSION 1.2. THAT IS THE BIT THAT REQUIRES THE TRUCHA SIGNING.

IF YOU CHANGE A FILE ON THE DISC THEN IT RESIGNS IT E.G. THE 001 REMOVALS - THESE WILL NOT WORK

(and yes, I am pissed off at people still saying it does)

edit: oh, and it's reported Scrubbed games still work.

Actually as a full reply to the email:
ScRubDuB said:
Is this anything to worry about??

Just got this in an email...

Guys, just a quick heads up
there is an update to the Wii 3.3
3.3e for Australian consoles.
The update doesnt add much funcationity at all, but what it does to is block the Zelda hack, and trucha signed discs.

True

QUOTE said:
A trucha disc is one that has been modified. Freeloader is an example of this - and will totally not work with the new update.
Half true. A trucha disc is one that has been signed using the trucha bug (a 0 in the first byte of the computed signature)

QUOTE said:
A trucha disc can also be a downloaded game. For example, people download discs that are 'scrubbed' which means they are smaller in size.
every single one of these games will not work.

Half true again. Can be a downloaded game. Normally scrubbed games do not use the signing bug and so are unaffected at present.

QUOTESome people use trucha to get into a game and remove the extra verification checks (so they can play Super mario galaxy without using 1.9g)
True. These are the games that will not work.

I'm just warning you so that if you get 20 calls tomorrow about people not being able to play all their games anymore you can tell them way.

The best idea, which is what i always tell my customers, is to play only only 1:1 dumps of games, don't alter anything on the ISO, leave them untouched!

Thanks

ScRubDuB

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the in depth reply
smile.gif

Didn't mean to piss you off mate, sorry

Matty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can anyone help me to scrubb Super Smash Bro PAL Version? Here i found a howTo scrub it, to fit it on ONE Layer Disc... but if i tried WiiScrubber ( Load Iso -> Select Partition 2 "DATA" -> Clean and Save ISO ) ... then it takes 10 minutes or more... and i get a (compressed) file with exactly the same size as the original...?!

May anyone can help me?

Save Option: ISO
Scrub Type: 0xFF
Keep Headers: No

Thanks in Advance... espacially for this great tool
smile.gif

Sorry for my english, is not my mother tongue...

Dack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You'll need to use an older version (1.0 or 1.0a). I fixed the bug that allowed it to happen in version 1.1 onwards - typical
smile.gif

As to people wondering when the next update will be out - I hope to get some time to finish it this week (family stuff stopped me getting much programming time for the last few weeks).

I've also been trying to discover the algorithm for re-creating the data it overwrites and may be getting somewhere (which would of course then lose the requirement for DIF files).

RomMon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If I try to open SSBB PAL with version 1.21 I get a lot of "I/O Read" errors (log says partition has no valid tmd, and some other).

Can I still use this version to alter the main.dol, or should I wait for the new version to arrive?

Edit: Tried a second time, still got the errors but was able to replace the main.dol

Dack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for delay in replying - just too busy at the moment
frown.gif

Was the version you tried opening the 4.5 Gig version. Reason I ask is because one of the effects of making it single layer is that the retro games channels are deleted but the channel entries are still shown in the disc usage table.

Scrubber tries to parse all the data (for partitions and channels) and so tries to read from where the channels should be - giving you errors much like you've seen.

You should still be able to modify the files (as you've indicated), but the errors will always show up when loading the iso itself. Trucha doesn't process the channels and so doesn't have the issue.

kolo909

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dack, a few days ago i could edit and look at the files and now i cant open te sections really weird haVE I DONE SOMETHING WRONG?

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It replaces the garbage data that isn't used with easily compressible F's and 0's so tha when you compress the game, it reduces the size of the total rar file. When you extract it however, it returns to the full 4.7GB.

RoyMaster4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, now, once I'm done putting what files I want on it, what do I do next? I want to burn this to a dvd so I can play it now. Do I click 'clear and save'? If so, then what? The ReadMe isn't very clear on how to get it on a disc.

EDIT: Error creating file?

EDIT 2: Ok, how do I shrink it? Brawl is too big to fit on a DVD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER