Homebrew Wiimote as nunchuck with Dolphin?

t1op

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I consider the Wii a good system for young children, except when it comes to the nunchucks. I have had many nunchucks fail me with little to no use. My niece's have found even more fail.
Wiimotes tend to last significantly longer. I've only had a few stop working.
For traditional games a regular comforter works fine. Still some of the fun motion games require motion from the nunchuck as well.
So it occurred to me that if I could use a second wiimote as a nunchuck that would provide motion and offer a more reliable controller. Kind of like a PS Move.
Can you do this in Dolphin?

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Real Nintendo nunchuks are incredibly reliable. And though I haven't checked lately, it was still possible in January to buy them new from Nintendo for $15 shipped. And I've been at this since 2007. Not a single Nintendo Wiimote has failed me either. What are you doing to them?

No, you cannot use a Wiimote in place of a nunchuk. Frankly I hate nunchucks and wish Nintendo had simply included two Wiimotes and supported them for single player games like boxing in Wii Sports. They had to support sucky non-motion games and thus needed that analog stick (on the Nunchuk), but it really compromised their greatest, most beloved, and best-selling console.

Reactions: t1op and banjo2

t1op

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I admit a real one has never gone bad on *me, just many third party ones. My niece's are another story. Kids yank cords and drop and whack and leave out to be stepped on. Admittedly some of those things would kill any controller.
Still, I know that you can emulate a wiimote with a phone or even a PS4 controller or a mouse.
I think that emulating a nunchuck shouldn't be too dissimilar a process. And why not with a wiimote?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Real Nintendo nunchuks are incredibly reliable. And though I haven't checked lately, it was still possible in January to buy them new from Nintendo for $15 shipped. And I've been at this since 2007. Not a single Nintendo Wiimote has failed me either. What are you doing to them?

I admit a real one has never gone bad on *me, just many third party ones. My niece's are another story. Kids yank cords and drop and whack and leave out to be stepped on. Admittedly some of those things would kill any controller.
Still, I know that you can emulate a wiimote with a phone or even a PS4 controller or a mouse.
I think that emulating a nunchuck shouldn't be too dissimilar a process. And why not with a wiimote?

No, you cannot use a Wiimote in place of a nunchuk. Frankly I hate nunchucks and wish Nintendo had simply included two Wiimotes and supported them for single player games like boxing in Wii Sports. They had to support sucky non-motion games and thus needed that analog stick (on the Nunchuk), but it really compromised their greatest, most beloved, and best-selling console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo