Homebrew WiiMC RELEASED!!! (Wii Media Center)

nozila

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just watched a good 3 episodes of nip tuck on avi and its great. as for mkv, its hit and miss. some are fine whilst others have audio out of sync. hope this gets fixed.

oh, dvd's originals or backups dont seem to load either.

r9ro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
OriginalHamster said:
I can't launch my DVD movies, can't recognoise DVD format, or something like that. It needs to be original DVD movies?

P.D.: I have no problems running data from DVD, including video.

Does it show more than 9 files when using video data DVD?
I'm loading my movies fine btw.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OriginalHamster said:
I can't launch my DVD movies, can't recognoise DVD format, or something like that. It needs to be original DVD movies?
QUOTE(nozila @ Apr 19 2010, 12:26 PM) oh, dvd's originals or backups dont seem to load either.
Depends on the DVD for me and it's always been like the for mplayer ce too. Anger Management has never worked but some of the ones that do include Catch Me If You Can, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Pitch Black. It's great that DVD menus work. Only problem is a delay in the video transitions when going through the menu. This leads to a delay in picture when selecting something to play as the audio starts first. Easy fix is to press left to rewind back to the beginning. Audio and video syncs up after that.

outcast22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK 2 Questions: Is there a way for WiiMC to stream from my computer? I have all my movies on an Maxtor 500gb external HDD and I have my games on a WD Passport HDD. Transfering movies would take forever to copy plus there's not enough space. 2) How do you do it if you can? Still a noob:(

bolex17

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
outcast22 said:
OK 2 Questions: Is there a way for WiiMC to stream from my computer? I have all my movies on an 500gb external HDD and I have my games on a WD Passport HDD. Transfering movies would take forever to copy all the movies plus there's not enough space. 2) How do you do it if you can?

Lookup SMB Shares

outcast22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bolex17 said:
outcast22 said:
OK 2 Questions: Is there a way for WiiMC to stream from my computer? I have all my movies on an 500gb external HDD and I have my games on a WD Passport HDD. Transfering movies would take forever to copy all the movies plus there's not enough space. 2) How do you do it if you can?

Lookup SMB Shares
Ok I understand what I need to do but where do i start this configuring?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried the app, great program. Much better than Mplayer already.

But my SMB shares are not working. to outcast22, its in the settings, you can configure all your network settings there. i have mine all set up correctly, but it fails to connect everytime. I'm on windows 7 and all my computers can have full access to 4 out of 5 drives on my pc. my laptop has full access, but when i point wiimc to it, it will not connect.

is it possibly a bug with user/pass? I don't use them, so perhaps wiimc doesn't like that? Maybe is it the homegroup? i do have a homegroup set up. i did have access to my drives through fceugx and snes9xgx. i had roms loading over smb shares no problem.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Tantric said:
fishears said:
Tantric said:
fishears said:
AWESOME already. Thank you. One request: play all music in a folder instead of having to tick tracks...

Tick the folder.

Yeah, what I really meant to say (and didn't manage it) was that when I tick a folder I would expect it it to also recursively tick the subfolders and their contents. At the moment, with SMB at least, it only ticks tracks at the first level within the ticked folder. If it is supposed to automatically do recursive folder selection (as you implied when you closed my feature request) then it isn't working like that on the SMB folders that I have tried it with. I don't want to get into a "thing" about this - I love WiiMC already - just offering a view...
It is supposed to recursively select files, and this does indeed work. There was a bug in tinysmb that I had to fix to make this happen, so I have tested it.
Great news. Thanks Tantric. I'll test again.

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
outcast22 said:
bolex17 said:
outcast22 said:

Lookup SMB Shares
Ok I understand what I need to do but where do i start this configuring?

does anyone have idiot proof instructions on how to use SMB to connect wiiMC to a mac?

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
No - I give up! How do you connect to an SMB share?

It continually fails to connect. I've entered the details same as all other devices that connect no problem, even edited the settings.xml file directly but - 'failed to connect'.

What's the secret? Or at least where is the manual so I can RTFM
biggrin.gif

Putting that aside - friggin' brilliant!!

creativ

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Tristar

Try to turn your firewall (when you have) off
and add your user/pass from your pc in wiimc smb configs

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
creativ said:
@Tristar

Try to turn your firewall (when you have) off
and add your user/pass from your pc in wiimc smb configs

Thanx for the quick response

Firewall is off

I'm pretty sure I've done that so I guess the question is what is it looking for for 'network share name"?

In my case the shared PC is MEDIA_DRIVE, but IP address suggests that doesn't need be included.

The shared folder is 'network'

Soooo, is it looking for network or network\ or \network\ or MEDIA_DRIVE\ network or \\ MEDIA_DRIVE\network\ etc etc??

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turning off the firewall does nothing, as I thought it wouldn't. The PC is already configured to allow connections to these drives, why would it just start blocking now? I CAN connect using emulators. I've SMB'd my roms before I got a 1TB for the Wii.

WiiMC will NOT connect no matter what. I do not have a username or password to connect. If you are on the network you have full access to the drives. I'm betting its a bug where you need to have something in the username or password for it to work. But may not be, maybe its something else. But I am almost sure, 95% its the program. Maybe its my PC being gay. I'm going to try again tonight.

chrisman01

Trophies
Website
empireofsteel.thecomicseries.com
XP
Country
United States
I can stream SOME videos from the internet, but the quality is absolutely horrid; like trying to watch an old VHS on an HD screen with major pixelation.

I haven't tried DVDs yet, but nothing works when trying to load files from an external hard drive.

Other than the fact it barely works, this is an AWESOME concept! I can't wait for the bugs to be ironed out!

EDIT: I was using 1.0.0, not 1.0.1. I'll try the new version this afternoon and report back
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: She sat on a couch must be a hoe +1