Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Wiikey team have posted the following info on the wiikey.cn site:

QUOTE said:
Update delays

Quite a few people have contacted us and expressed disappointment over that the update has not been released yet. We would like to apologize for this. Please bear in mind that development work always take time, and we are will post the update as soon as it is delivered to s by the developers.

Fingers crossed that it will be sometime soon
biggrin.gif

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Looks like Wiikey isn't as good as we thought it would be.
First we were moaning about Cyclowiz because they delayed their update but we praised Wiikey.
I really regret buying my Wiikey now.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
First we were moaning about Cyclowiz because they delayed their update but we praised Wiikey.

Stop whining, seriously.

The Wiikey is still a great chip! Honestly, there's only a *few* new features, like the expensive DVD-9 format support, and an Audiofix-Fix, for what, a few games that have issues? Seriously, enjoy the games you have, you don't have to regret buying a Wiikey because of a few delays. You know what, developing software takes a lot of time and dedication. The more features you put in, the longer you have to test.

Honestly, this update won't benefit me because I don't use GCOS, dual layer discs, or have any games that have streaming audio. I'm sure this applies to many of others as well.

But really, be patient. It'll come.

shonosuke

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

Stop whining, seriously.

The Wiikey is still a great chip! Honestly, there's only a *few* new features, like the expensive DVD-9 format support, and an Audiofix-Fix, for what, a few games that have issues? Seriously, enjoy the games you have, you don't have to regret buying a Wiikey because of a few delays. You know what, developing software takes a lot of time and dedication. The more features you put in, the longer you have to test.

Honestly, this update won't benefit me because I don't use GCOS, dual layer discs, or have any games that have streaming audio. I'm sure this applies to many of others as well.

You have ntsc region and can play alot more games then we europeans. we want the update for increased region compatibility

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

Stop whining, seriously.

I only regret buying the wiikey because i hoped i would get better support on this chip. If i knew that this would happen i would have gone for a much cheaper solution. Every little bit of money i save helps.

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
The cost of a legit Wiikey is still less than the 80+ Wii games and 1000s Gamecube games that do work. To be moaning over a "wasted" $20 price difference is stupid. Rip it out and hock it on ebay and replace with something cheaper, if you're that upset over it.

On the other hand, I'm more anxious for the new features in the Make-Multi program he promised would come out after the update.

darrrren

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the wiikey is worth every penny even if there is never an update. the first 10 i bought off ebay only cost me £31 .i know some people have payed more but still cheaper than one original game. i just want more ntsc compatability iv put off buying a ntsc wii incase the update covers more different region games. this update must be taking longer than the wiikey did to develope. i couldnt care less about gamecube support.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Wiikey team have posted the following info on the wiikey.cn site:

QUOTE said:
Update delays

Quite a few people have contacted us and expressed disappointment over that the update has not been released yet. We would like to apologize for this. Please bear in mind that development work always take time, and we are will post the update as soon as it is delivered to s by the developers.

Fingers crossed that it will be sometime soon
biggrin.gif

With the way that sounds, I can expect the update being ages off. Maybe a few weeks. Otherwise they'd be giving us another release date.

shonosuke

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

niklasnyfiken

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I will never buy a Wiikey. They're a bunch of liars and they will never release their update because clones can also be updated. When people know for sure that clones can be updated (when the update is available), there's no need to buy their Wiikey for $30 or whatever it costs when a clone only costs $10. Therefore, they promise something every few weeks and extend the deadline a few weeks each time to make more money. As soon as they release the update, they won't make any more money, therefore they will never release the update.

darrrren

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i dought that the wiikey is even updatable via dvd. thats why they say as little as possable about the update and if you notice the are trying to distance them selfs from it by refering to the developers and they are waiting as we are. if this update is so close to finishing why dont they give a list of features. they also make it sound like they were forced into making this anouncement 5 days after there ETA because of all the emails complaining. there plan has worked there adverts have made the wiikey the best selling chip. now there just trying to sell as many as possable before something better comes out.

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
I will never buy a Wiikey. They're a bunch of liars and they will never release their update because clones can also be updated. When people know for sure that clones can be updated (when the update is available), there's no need to buy their Wiikey for $30 or whatever it costs when a clone only costs $10. Therefore, they promise something every few weeks and extend the deadline a few weeks each time to make more money. As soon as they release the update, they won't make any more money, therefore they will never release the update.

thats wrong, because if it is the only chip that can actually incorporate dual layer support with emu_kidds next build of GCoS then it will pretty much sell itself, even IF as you say, they will have nothing more to upgrade!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ok you are tired so rest well