Hardware WiiKey update comming or not?

123kid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why should I buy a second console when the one I got is fully capable of doing the same thing?

Also about multi region support, you're talking like everyone lives in the USA. The PAL region is constantly getting shafted when I comes to games, so therefore it would be nice to play NTSC games on your console.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously though, why does everyone want an update?

Gamecube support? This is a GIFT. They didn't have to include Gamecube support, heck most modchips/softmods don't even have backwards compatability.

Audio Fix? If you haven't played/bought the game that you want by NOW then seriously, I don't think you care. If you do care still, go get a gamecube for 20$ and go buy that game.

Multi Region Support. Unless you are talking about Pal games, it seems irrelevant to me since most people wouldn't be able to even understand the game to begin with.

Well, guess what! Some of my LEGIT games don't play on my Wii cause of WiiKey's problems. And the Wii is supposed to play Gamecube games, which is why my Gamecube isn't hooked up. I shouldn't have to have the Gamecube hooked up anyhows, cause the Wii is capable of playing those games, and the WiiKey claimed to be able to play them. It just sucks you can't play games that you used to cause of a modchip.

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why should I buy a second console when the one I got is fully capable of doing the same thing?

Also about multi region support, you're talking like everyone lives in the USA. The PAL region is constantly getting shafted when I comes to games, so therefore it would be nice to play NTSC games on your console.

PAL countries are not always 'shafted'.
'Our' Pirates of the carribean , Mario strikers and prince of persia (to name a few) were/are released before the USA versions.
At the end it's just a matter of time... (almost) all games will find their way to Europe..... specific Japanese games are no fun... you can't read and play them.

So personally I don't care that much for an upgrade. My WII+WiiKey is doing a great job playing the PAL games and I don't intend to break it by some upgrade unless the advantages are beyond compatibility.

I am more concerned about the fact that the new models can't be modfied (yet)...what if my WII breaks down and I have to buy a new one.....brrrrrrrr.....the thought alone
cry.gif

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Seriously though, why does everyone want an update?

Gamecube support? This is a GIFT. They didn't have to include Gamecube support, heck most modchips/softmods don't even have backwards compatability.

Audio Fix? If you haven't played/bought the game that you want by NOW then seriously, I don't think you care. If you do care still, go get a gamecube for 20$ and go buy that game.

Multi Region Support. Unless you are talking about Pal games, it seems irrelevant to me since most people wouldn't be able to even understand the game to begin with.

Well, guess what! Some of my LEGIT games don't play on my Wii cause of WiiKey's problems. And the Wii is supposed to play Gamecube games, which is why my Gamecube isn't hooked up. I shouldn't have to have the Gamecube hooked up anyhows, cause the Wii is capable of playing those games, and the WiiKey claimed to be able to play them. It just sucks you can't play games that you used to cause of a modchip.

Hmmm, you took the risk by installing a modchip to begin with. If you wanted to play Gamecube games, then you should've gotten a Gamecube modchip, besides, you act like modchips are offical and supported by Nintendo. Of course there are going to be drawbacks to every modchip

Hellfenix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The wiikey is fine, the update for the only flaw, audiofix, is coming eventually. What's the matter with all you people? This chip delivers almost everything it promises, it's somewhat cheap and it's pirating anyways.
You all sound like a bunch of spoiled brat, keep waiting or shut up.

UchihaE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The wiikey is fine, the update for the only flaw, audiofix, is coming eventually. What's the matter with all you people? This chip delivers almost everything it promises, it's somewhat cheap and it's pirating anyways.

They promised an update thats why I bought it. They should have kept their promise or just suprise us with an update without giving a date.

PS. I wanna play Naruto gekitou ninja taisen 4 !!!!

ih8crouch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its a good point about not giving us a date...if we were never given a date for the update im sure there wouldnt be as much anger with them for going so far beyond the date givin and still nothing!

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Exactly. Also, about that Naruto game. Didnt I already tell you? GNT 3 and 4 are coming out for the Wii in the US since the Gamecube is dead. In other words, you will be able to play your silly naruto game.

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

(source: wiikey.cn)

"Wiikey Specifications: (...) -Built-in audio fix"

This is what they bought.
Hundred non-working Cube games is what they got.

And now they are "spoiled brats" who should "shut up"?
lol. stfu

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

(source: wiikey.cn)

"Wiikey Specifications: (...) -Built-in audio fix"

This is what they bought.
Hundred non-working Cube games is what they got.

And now they are "spoiled brats" who should "shut up"?
lol. stfu
First of all, you shouldn't be insulting other members when you don't even know what you are talking about to begin with. Seriously., do you even know what the difference between built in audiofix is and actualjly being active. Its possible that the audiofix isn't active at the point even though its in the hardware. An update is needed to enable the audiofix. Various companies do this to attract more customers by acting like they "support" their products.

In the most likely scenario, The WiiKey development team is just waiting for the new version of GCOS to come out before they enable the audiofix to make it a bigger update and have perfect Gamecube compatability.

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
whats so insulting in my post?
"stfu"?
that was a reply to his "shut up spoiled brats"

and why is that audiofix hardware related? its code, isnt it.

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
whats so insulting in my post?
"stfu"?
that was a reply to his "shut up spoiled brats"

and why is that audiofix hardware related? its code, isnt it.

You are the one who said it was hardware to begin with. The Wiikey's hardware SPEC has built in AudioFix, all modchips do, since all they have to do is just access the Wii's Gamecube chip which does all the hard work for them. They just need to release an update to take use of this.

To put it blunty.

Stop complaing, the Wiikey is a Wii Modchip for Wii games, and it can do that. The Gamecube functionality is a novelty at best. You could buy a Gamecube + a Gamecube modchip less then you could even one Wii game.

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i never said the problem is hardware related.
i said he shouldnt bash people for complaining about the fact it sucks that there is no update for months, an update for a problem none of the other chips out there, commercial or homebrew, have.
no need to buy a cube, just get a better (supported) chip.

robi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Don't you guys who buy clones feel a lot better now knowing that you didn't waste money on a product that the team couldn't even deliver an update to
smile.gif

The place who did my install claims he doesn't install clones, but really, who cares right now, it's not like there's support for the real thing now anyways.

If you bought a clone you are even worst off because there is no one to support your chip. If clone users really wanted to stick it to the wiikey team then they should have gotten an open source chip.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you bought a clone you are even worst off because there is no one to support your chip. If clone users really wanted to stick it to the wiikey team then they should have gotten an open source chip.

I think the point is that the original WiiKey isn't supported as well...

Its possible that the audiofix isn't active at the point even though its in the hardware. An update is needed to enable the audiofix. Various companies do this to attract more customers by acting like they "support" their products.

In the most likely scenario, The WiiKey development team is just waiting for the new version of GCOS to come out before they enable the audiofix to make it a bigger update and have perfect Gamecube compatability.
You're N-Card download play theory didn't make sense, but this exceeds it by far.
Disabling a feauture and then enabling it within a few weeks after a release makes a bit of sense, but waiting like half a year isn't helping much. People have totally lost faith in WiiKey, are buying other chips or just wiikey clones, because it doesn't mather for the support, or just because they don't think WiiKey deserves it if they don't give support.
Even if they release now in a week or something, it's far to late. Owners will be happy with it, but potential chip buyers will choose a chip that releases 'important' updates quicker.

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I think the point is that the original WiiKey isn't supported as well...

Its possible that the audiofix isn't active at the point even though its in the hardware. An update is needed to enable the audiofix. Various companies do this to attract more customers by acting like they "support" their products.

You're N-Card download play theory didn't make sense, but this exceeds it by far.
Disabling a feauture and then enabling it within a few weeks after a release makes a bit of sense, but waiting like half a year isn't helping much. People have totally lost faith in WiiKey, are buying other chips or just wiikey clones, because it doesn't mather for the support, or just because they don't think WiiKey deserves it if they don't give support.
Even if they release now in a week or something, it's far to late. Owners will be happy with it, but potential chip buyers will choose a chip that releases 'important' updates quicker.
What download play theory? The N-Card's firmware replaces itself completely. As far as we know, if the N-Card team got a hold of the Cyclo DS firmware, the N-Card could turn into a Cyclo DS, sans external memory.

Also, the only reason people are complaining is because the WiiKey team foolishly set a date, you never set a date for such things, since they're complications and such. Besides, everyone is just complaining.

The Wiikey plays all the backups from your region, and most GAmecube games and most import games. I mean you are pirating games, how could you complain. People are just stupid. Simply put. Just pirating even one game effectly pays the thing off, so if you got another one it would essentially be free.

Raging Demon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People need to stop being drama queens about this. The team IS coming up with new stuff, you need to sit back and relax. If you are that desperate to play some titles, head to your local ebstore and buy those craptastic games you want for 10$

By modifying your wii hardware with unofficial third party material, you knew what were you doing. Modchips is a big business, so don't worry, they will come up with an update when the time will come.

Rigth now, except for a bunch of irrevelent gamecube issues, there are no REAL life-mattering issues with the wiikey.

I wonder how some of you nancies would had done back in the 16-bit days when such hardware had rather dodgy support coming from hk shops.

Sit bat, and relax. Enjoy the summer

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Also, the only reason people are complaining is because the WiiKey team foolishly set a date, you never set a date for such things, since they're complications and such. Besides, everyone is just complaining.

The Wiikey plays all the backups from your region, and most GAmecube games and most import games. I mean you are pirating games, how could you complain. People are just stupid. Simply put. Just pirating even one game effectly pays the thing off, so if you got another one it would essentially be free.
Well, it's not only because they set a date, if something doesn't work that they said should working, people will start complaining if it doesn't get fixed within multiple months, wether there's a date or not.
And the point is not the price that's lower then a real game, cause so are Cyclowiz's and Wiinja's price, which don't have the audiothing problem.

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Well, it's not only because they set a date, if something doesn't work that they said should working, people will start complaining if it doesn't get fixed within multiple months, wether there's a date or not.
And the point is not the price that's lower then a real game, cause so are Cyclowiz's and Wiinja's price, which don't have the audiothing problem.
Whats your point? They have OTHER problems.... so your point is moot, if you had one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1