Hacking Wiikey team responds to SSBB situation

antpod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is there a full working image of Brawl yet?(I know there was one incomplete with things like SSE mode missing etc) I'm about to order a wiikey since I happen to have a DL burner. But yeah can someone make sure what I'm thinking is right...

-I have a NTSC US(launch) Wii + Wiikey installed
-Wiikey team is working on a patch to have the original + backups of Smash work with Wii.(JP units and US?)
-Smash image that works with this is a DL image

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So is there a full working image of Brawl yet?(I know there was one incomplete with things like SSE mode missing etc) I'm about to order a wiikey since I happen to have a DL burner. But yeah can someone make sure what I'm thinking is right...

-Wiikey team is working on a patch to have the original + backups of Smash work with Wii.(JP units and US?)

why not get a cyclowiz instead and a switch, as it's known to be working - Wiikey is confirmed non working until Wiikey team release an update, which they will do so in good time

antpod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

why not get a cyclowiz instead and a switch, as it's known to be working - Wiikey is confirmed non working until Wiikey team release an update, which they will do so in good time
All the best places to order a chip with good shipping to the US seem to have it out of stock from what I can tell
frown.gif
which is why I'm going to go with the Wiikey probably(unless I do find a good site selling cyclowiz)

By the way, was I correct with the things I said before?

beano311

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey... can't it be dumped via LG method? Why is everyone acting like the Wiikey Dumper is the only way to dump games?
Uhh, no... read this topic here. It's the main one about SSBB right now, first post says it all. There's been little change since then, I think I've read all the posts so far.

UXSam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post. It's because this site is slow and sometimes I get an error message when I try to respond for some reason.

beano311

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's because the LG drive doesn't support DL DVD's.
Is that what the problem is, I thought it was just the software didn't support it. That's weird, I would think it could read dual layer discs... Most, if not all DVD movies are on 8.5GB (DVD9 or DL, whatever you prefer to call it) DVDs, and if some average person was to get a DVD drive, I'd assume they'd want to watch movies on it.

Puxel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much Wiikey Team. I always had faith.
Hopefully this update will come faster than the other one, but this is a huge load off my mind!

UXSam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think so.. or maybe both the drive doesn't support DL and the software doesn't support it also and that's why they're ripping it from the Wii with the WiiKey Config disc?

Gitaroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im pretty sure its a software problem, the drive definitely have no problem reading dual layer dvd, just probably rawdump cant read pass the first layer.

antpod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/ajurvXsCdbo?t=225