Hacking WiiFlow Lite

tray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got the latest wiiflow on my wii and after downloading all the covers via the app, when i click reload cache, the console restarts when it gets to a dialogue box like this "converting cover 7/10" any way to manually remove it, replace it in order to get over this?

cheloruiz79

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
when i try to load a gx4000 cpr rom on wiiflow 5.50 with plugin pack v7 never load the rom
sory my english

Attachments

• WIN_20211209_14_03_11_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20211209_14_03_11_Pro.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 56

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fledge68

I have come across a problem in latest Rhapsodii Shima.ini release. This does not occur when using WFL default theme. It is very possible it is on my end by editing Shima theme but it did not exist until this latest release and reverting to older .ini file fixes the issue.

While on EmuNAND all VC and WiiWare show and play properly. However if I go to...

Settings>
NAND Emulation Settings> Set
Install Wad> Go

Path=
sd:/
usb:/

these settings are offset to the right without the ability to choose a path to install a .wad.
tetsuo updated his theme so that when you go to the file/folder explorer he put a little folder next to the folder/file name and you have to click on that folder. my guess is you should see a folder next to the sd:/ or usb:/ and you should click on it not the the text. that's why the text is offset to the right.
I got the latest wiiflow on my wii and after downloading all the covers via the app, when i click reload cache, the console restarts when it gets to a dialogue box like this "converting cover 7/10" any way to manually remove it, replace it in order to get over this?
you don't need to do a reload cache after downloading covers. when you download covers it automatically convert them to wfc for wiiflow to use. did you try rebooting your console and wiiflow to see if reload cache still crashes?
when i try to load a gx4000 cpr rom on wiiflow 5.50 with plugin pack v7 never load the rom
sory my english
amstrad is a amstrad cpc emulator. I never heard of it being able to play gx4000 cpr roms.

cheloruiz79

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
tetsuo updated his theme so that when you go to the file/folder explorer he put a little folder next to the folder/file name and you have to click on that folder. my guess is you should see a folder next to the sd:/ or usb:/ and you should click on it not the the text. that's why the text is offset to the right.

you don't need to do a reload cache after downloading covers. when you download covers it automatically convert them to wfc for wiiflow to use. did you try rebooting your console and wiiflow to see if reload cache still crashes?

amstrad is a amstrad cpc emulator. I never heard of it being able to play gx4000 cpr roms.
thanks but yes gx4000 is workin for me on wiiflow 5.49 before update all

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-09 181731.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-09 181731.png
    129.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited by cheloruiz79,

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok then was something changed in plugin pack 7?
The .dol has not been changed. I did edit the cfg.ini, but the only lines changes were...
bannersound=ZZ--Sounds/Menu.ogg
covercoler=111111

I don't think that would cause the issue but who knows. I am guessing there was no sound at all before the edit and the covercoler was most likely ffffff or 000000.

Reactions: cheloruiz79

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The .dol has not been changed. I did edit the cfg.ini, but the only lines changes were...
bannersound=ZZ--Sounds/Menu.ogg
covercoler=111111

I don't think that would cause the issue but who knows. I am guessing there was no sound at all before the edit and the covercoler was most likely ffffff or 000000.
ok thanks. maybe it was that last commit before release.
@cheloruiz79
here download this and use the boot.dol only - https://www.mediafire.com/file/4xzuhhhplm57204/wiiflow_lite_5e4535b.zip/file
first install v5.5.0 then replace the boot.dol with this one. let me know if it works.

cheloruiz79

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Last edited by cheloruiz79,

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not positive if this is related to @cheloruiz79 issue.

I was having an issue with Famicom Disk System games not being recognized. I attempted many fixes with no success until changing the name of the folder and path where my games/ROMs exist, they were finally recognized.

I have around 50 active plugins and this issue was isolated to FDS. I have never used or tested gx4000 so maybe trying this fix could solve the issue.

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I was having an issue with Famicom Disk System games not being recognized. I attempted many fixes with no success until changing the name of the folder and path where my games/ROMs exist, they were finally recognized.

I have around 50 active plugins and this issue was isolated to FDS. I have never used or tested gx4000 so maybe trying this fix could solve the issue.
this sounds like the path was too long and had too many characters for wiiflow. that's my guess.

by the way in your theme issue - you probably don't see the folder icon because its missing in the themes images folder.

cheloruiz79

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico

found the easy fix change this option in retroarch model 6128 to 6128 plus
tank for your help

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-10 093320.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-10 093320.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 54

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this sounds like the path was too long and had too many characters for wiiflow. that's my guess.

by the way in your theme issue - you probably don't see the folder icon because its missing in the themes images folder.
I thought that may have been the problem. Even when I created a new folder with same name thinking maybe folder/files could be corrupted, nothing. After shortening the folder name is when it worked, I'll keep this in mind for future reference. Thanks fledge.

Edit:
Theme issue also fixed, folders are now visible after updating. Wow, I did not know my RS setup was so outdated, thought I was current but am now.

Last edited by RunningSnakes,

KeinesR

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Im having this problem, i cant load games from SD, i tried 5.4.9 and works great, but with the last version, doesnt

Deleted member 547976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
ok what type of games? wii, channels, gc, plugin emu games?
I will join the topic, it's great that in wiiflow 5.5 there are games for VC in real nand, eg Paper Mario64 etc. with codes that have not worked so far !!!
But where can I set / change the vc games transferred to the sd card to be detected by wiiflow? you know wii I have 500mb of memory so I transfer all vc games to the sd card after installation

KeinesR

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I will join the topic, it's great that in wiiflow 5.5 there are games for VC in real nand, eg Paper Mario64 etc. with codes that have not worked so far !!!
But where can I set / change the vc games transferred to the sd card to be detected by wiiflow? you know wii I have 500mb of memory so I transfer all vc games to the sd card after installation
I think you can only see those in emunand, but i'm not sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @a_username_that_is_cool, happy birthdayn't