Trophies
Website
www.gingerbeardman.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any limit to GCT size?

Trying GoldenEye 007 Wii "New Server" GCT file in WFL:
- old unknown version ~4KB from mid-2020 works OK (I forgot to save it when upgrading my setup, doh)
- latest 3.1 version ~10KB from late 2022 does not work (black screen)

Using USA GoldenEye wbfs, Ocarina ON, hook type VBI.
No cheats other than the GCT file and accompanying gameinfo.txt.

(I even tried a really old WFL with default theme v5.4.6 May 16th 2020, same problem)

LOG from latest WFL

Welcome to WiiFlow WFL 5.5.4 beta 3! This is the debug output. Real Wii AHBPROT disabled = yes Found WiiFlow Save Loading IOS Settings from wiiflow save Using Port Settings from wiiflow save Using SD Only Settings from wiiflow save AHBPROT disabled after IOS Reload: yes Now using D2X IOS249[56] v11 FAT Partition at sd: mounted. Wiiflow boot.dol Location: sd:/apps/wiiflow Data Directory: sd:/wiiflow Setting Wii games partition to: 0 Wii Games Directory: %s:/wbfs GameCube Games Directory: %s:/games Devolution found Nintendont found emunand = sd:/nands/default savesnand = sd:/nands/default Running sound thread Loading cIOS map Found cIOS in slot 222 Found cIOS in slot 223 Found cIOS in slot 224 Found d2x base 38 in slot 248 Found d2x base 56 in slot 249 Found d2x base 57 in slot 250 Found d2x base 58 in slot 251 Bootup completed! Creating Gamelist Adding plugins list Adding gamecube list Adding wii list Games found: 30 Displaying covers Update Play log Launching game SJBE52 Game ID SJBE52 requested IOS 56. User selected 0 cIOS slot 249 chosen. Cleanup Coverflow Stopping sound thread Stopped sound thread MEM1_freesize(): 7385072 MEM2_freesize(): 41641472 Ocarina: Codes found.

Last edited by matt!,

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the life of me cant get just dance 2018 and 2019 to work ive tried setting the game ios to 250 base 57 i tried leaving it on auto i even tried cios 224 base 57 and no go im using Wiiflow 5.5.4 beta 2. The games work just fine on usb loader gx and configurable im using d2x cios v11 anyone know of a solution?

Reactions: RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me test on WFL and report back soon.
Post automatically merged:

Yes, both 2018 & 2019 are working on my end.

[S5EE41] 2019
[SE8E41] 2018

IOS 250 [57]
WFL 5.5.4 beta 2

NAND Emulation = Full
Saves NAND Emulation = Off*** (This may be your issue)

If you have the same setup, it is possible you need a certain file fledge updated not long ago that fixed Back To The Future and both Sam & Max games. Ill post my WFL apps files if you are still having issues.

@worm28

Last edited by RunningSnakes,

AdamCatalyst

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tldr; how to make selectable genres?

Had some friends over last night, and they were looking through my Wiiflow retro games collection, and struggling to find what they wanted. I realized that it would be really helpful to create a mechanism to browse by game genre. I'm already using all the different types of categories available in the GUI, and am struggling to figure out how I would go about adding genre categorization info, and then utilizing that with plugins, etc. Does anyone have any advice on how to make such a thing happen with Wiiflow?

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
tldr; how to make selectable genres?

Had some friends over last night, and they were looking through my Wiiflow retro games collection, and struggling to find what they wanted. I realized that it would be really helpful to create a mechanism to browse by game genre. I'm already using all the different types of categories available in the GUI, and am struggling to figure out how I would go about adding genre categorization info, and then utilizing that with plugins, etc. Does anyone have any advice on how to make such a thing happen with Wiiflow?
Maybe you already know about this stuff, but you can customize the genres a bit:
https://github.com/Wiimpathy/CreateCat

An example with a 4 players genre :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/createcat-pc-app-to-write-wiiflow-categories.554596/post-9252184

More complicated but you can also generate more genres to be used with the createcat program. Linux script only, explanation here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-lite-with-emulators-database.527613/post-9582870

Last edited by Wiimpathy,

AdamCatalyst

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe you already know about this stuff, but you can customize the genres a bit:
https://github.com/Wiimpathy/CreateCat

An example with a 4 players genre :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/createcat-pc-app-to-write-wiiflow-categories.554596/post-9252184

More complicated but you can also generate more genres to be used with the createcat program. Linux script only, explanation here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-lite-with-emulators-database.527613/post-9582870

Nope, did not know this! Thanks for this, will look it over carefully and see what I can do.

Pawel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have to admit that wiiflow is a fantastic game loader, I'm currently using the latest beta, I noticed that every now and then when loading the program through the channel, Wiiflow crashes and is it the fault of the beta? And how to add the missing covers to the homebrew and emunand applications? Wiiflow does not display them and the download does not go 😅🙂

AlexM80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi @fledge68.
Will it be possible from wiiflow, to enter another wiiflow (another boot.dol perhaps) with other different paths defined in wiiflow_lite.ini, in such a way as to have another plugins folder, another platform.ini, etc...?? Maybe something from the meta.xml?? I don't know... will it be possible?
Many, many thanks in advance

I have to admit that wiiflow is a fantastic game loader, I'm currently using the latest beta, I noticed that every now and then when loading the program through the channel, Wiiflow crashes and is it the fault of the beta? And how to add the missing covers to the homebrew and emunand applications? Wiiflow does not display them and the download does not go 😅🙂
Do I help you. Try this first:
1st Method: From Wiiflow
1) Go to the section in question
2) Press the HOME button on the remote. Then go to "settings" and on page 2, select the THEME "Default". Press B, to exit and load the theme.
3) Once there, press HOME again, and go back to Settings.
4) On the first page you will see the option "Download Covers and banners". Right there you click on "Adjust"
5) In this place you will click on "Download" and depending on how many games you have in the section it will take longer or less to complete the task.
6) At the end you will review and you will see if all the covers have been downloaded.
If any are missing, you will redo the process from step 3, but instead of clicking download, in step 5 you will do the following:
7) Where it says "Download Settings" you will click on "Adjust" and there you will see two options where you can pull to see if that is how the game cover is.
* Download Order: From there you select if priority will be given to original covers or personalized covers, or if you want to cancel any.
* Regions (Country Flags): From there you can choose which region you will search for the covers. You can choose one or several. You must try, going back to the previous screen and clicking "Download" again. Insist with the different settings options

8) After this you can return to the theme of your choice

What should I do if, despite all this, there are still missing covers to download?
If there are many, try the 2nd Method (if they are from Wii). If there are few (2 or 3 covers) the 3rd method is more appropriate. If they are not Wii skins, same thing, you will have to use the 3rd method.

-2nd Method: Using WiiBackup Manager
1) With this application, once the USB drive with the Wii games is mounted (in Unit 1, for example), you will see the COVER BUTTON, where you will click on the option "Synchronization and Download all"
2) Once the download is finished, in the application folder itself, you will see a folder called "cache" created. In there you will have a folder for each REGION ("EN" for example). And inside those folders we will see two folders that we care about. FULL (the most important) and FRONT.
3) At first, you will have to go into the "full" folder to find the .png files you need for WiiFlow.
These files will be copied to the unit where you have wiiflow in the following path:
wiiflow/boxcovers/
5) In case Wii Backup Manager does not find the full cover and only finds the front cover of the game, you must enter the "front" folder and copy the files from there into the "wiiflow/covers/" path of the drive.
4) Then on the wii, and from WiiFlow we go to the section in question.
5) Press the HOME button on the remote. Then go to "settings" and on page 2, select the THEME "Default". Then press B to exit and load the theme.
6) Press HOME again and click RELOAD CACHE, so that the covers are created.
7) After this you can return to theme according to your preference.
8) Optional Step: Once you see the covers in wiiflow, if you wish, you can delete the PNG files from the "wiiflow/boxcovers/" and "wiiflow/covers/" folders, if you want to save space on your drive. Wiiflow will not need those files again.

What should I do if, despite all this, there are still missing covers to download?
Do it using the 3rd Method

3rd Method – Download Manually
1) Find out the ID Code of each game without cover:
- Go to the section in question, click on in the game. To see the ID you can press + on the controller, or go to the game settings. In the first case you will see the ID at the bottom of the screen. On the other hand, if you have entered the game settings, you will see the ID at the top, next to the title. It will say "Settings [ID code]".
- You can take note of each code, or easier, take photos with your cell phone.

2) Download each cover manually
a) Go to the site www.gametdb.com
b) Enter the "Wii & Game Cube" section
c) Then click on "Wii Search"
d) Write the game ID code in the first field and click "Search" to search.
e) When the results come out with all the images of the game, you will look for the FULL or complete cover, by clicking on the link above the image. Where it says "HQ"
f) When you open the large image with the game art, you will right click on it and choose "Save image as..."
g) If you have more covers to download, you will repeat from step "b"

NOTE: In some cases, the cover may not be found with that particular code, but it may appear with another ID. This is because you may find the cover of another region or in another language. In that case you can still download it and rename it as a figure in your game, so it works the same way.
If you can't find any cover in any way (something very rare), you'll have to use an image application. Do something on your own, seeing what you find out there using other skins as a model and naming it according to the ID.

3) Once you have all the PNG files of the downloaded covers, you will copy them to the unit where you have wiiflow in the following path "wiiflow/boxcovers/"
5) Press the HOME button on the remote. Go to "settings" and on page 2, select the THEME "Default". Then press B to exit and load the theme.
7) After this you can return to the theme of your choice:
8) Optional Step: Once you see the skins in wiiflow, if you wish, you can delete the PNG files from the "wiiflow/boxcovers/" and "wiiflow/covers/" folders on the drive. Wiiflow will not need those files again.

I hope I've been helpful. Greetings

Last edited by AlexM80,

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi @fledge68.
Will it be possible from wiiflow, to enter another wiiflow (another boot.dol perhaps) with other different paths defined in wiiflow_lite.ini, in such a way as to have another plugins folder, another platform.ini, etc...?? Maybe something from the meta.xml?? I don't know... will it be possible?
short answer - no. you could probably make wiiflow boot itself but it would still use the same settings and paths.

Millertime2325

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, thanks for the great work. Wondering if it's possible to have source menu buttons for two different emunands? I would like to keep N64 and Wiiware separate, however I took a look at the plugins/source menu files and couldn't figure out how it worked. Guess I can lump them all together worst case scenario. Thanks!

benfll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would it be possible for the private server setting to be a global setting as well, rather than just game specific, so that you can just patch all your games for Wiimmfi with one option?

Pawel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi @fledge68.

Do I help you. Try this first:
1st Method: From Wiiflow
1) Go to the section in question
2) Press the HOME button on the remote. Then go to "settings" and on page 2, select the THEME "Default". Press B, to exit and load the theme.
3) Once there, press HOME again, and go back to Settings.
4) On the first page you will see the option "Download Covers and banners". Right there you click on "Adjust"
5) In this place you will click on "Download" and depending on how many games you have in the section it will take longer or less to complete the task.
6) At the end you will review and you will see if all the covers have been downloaded.
If any are missing, you will redo the process from step 3, but instead of clicking download, in step 5 you will do the following:
7) Where it says "Download Settings" you will click on "Adjust" and there you will see two options where you can pull to see if that is how the game cover is.
* Download Order: From there you select if priority will be given to original covers or personalized covers, or if you want to cancel any.
* Regions (Country Flags): From there you can choose which region you will search for the covers. You can choose one or several. You must try, going back to the previous screen and clicking "Download" again. Insist with the different settings options

8) After this you can return to the theme of your choice

If there are many, try the 2nd Method (if they are from Wii). If there are few (2 or 3 covers) the 3rd method is more appropriate. If they are not Wii skins, same thing, you will have to use the 3rd method.

-2nd Method: Using WiiBackup Manager
1) With this application, once the USB drive with the Wii games is mounted (in Unit 1, for example), you will see the COVER BUTTON, where you will click on the option "Synchronization and Download all"
2) Once the download is finished, in the application folder itself, you will see a folder called "cache" created. In there you will have a folder for each REGION ("EN" for example). And inside those folders we will see two folders that we care about. FULL (the most important) and FRONT.
3) At first, you will have to go into the "full" folder to find the .png files you need for WiiFlow.
These files will be copied to the unit where you have wiiflow in the following path:
wiiflow/boxcovers/
5) In case Wii Backup Manager does not find the full cover and only finds the front cover of the game, you must enter the "front" folder and copy the files from there into the "wiiflow/covers/" path of the drive.
5) Press the HOME button on the remote. Then go to "settings" and on page 2, select the THEME "Default". Then press B to exit and load the theme.
7) After this you can return to theme according to your preference.
8) Optional Step: Once you see the covers in wiiflow, if you wish, you can delete the PNG files from the "wiiflow/boxcovers/" and "wiiflow/covers/" folders, if you want to save space on your drive. Wiiflow will not need those files again.

Do it using the 3rd Method

3rd Method – Download Manually
1) Find out the ID Code of each game without cover:
- Go to the section in question, click on in the game. To see the ID you can press + on the controller, or go to the game settings. In the first case you will see the ID at the bottom of the screen. On the other hand, if you have entered the game settings, you will see the ID at the top, next to the title. It will say "Settings [ID code]".
- You can take note of each code, or easier, take photos with your cell phone.

2) Download each cover manually
a) Go to the site www.gametdb.com
b) Enter the "Wii & Game Cube" section
c) Then click on "Wii Search"
d) Write the game ID code in the first field and click "Search" to search.
e) When the results come out with all the images of the game, you will look for the FULL or complete cover, by clicking on the link above the image. Where it says "HQ"
f) When you open the large image with the game art, you will right click on it and choose "Save image as..."
g) If you have more covers to download, you will repeat from step "b"

NOTE: In some cases, the cover may not be found with that particular code, but it may appear with another ID. This is because you may find the cover of another region or in another language. In that case you can still download it and rename it as a figure in your game, so it works the same way.
If you can't find any cover in any way (something very rare), you'll have to use an image application. Do something on your own, seeing what you find out there using other skins as a model and naming it according to the ID.

3) Once you have all the PNG files of the downloaded covers, you will copy them to the unit where you have wiiflow in the following path "wiiflow/boxcovers/"
5) Press the HOME button on the remote. Go to "settings" and on page 2, select the THEME "Default". Then press B to exit and load the theme.
7) After this you can return to the theme of your choice:
8) Optional Step: Once you see the skins in wiiflow, if you wish, you can delete the PNG files from the "wiiflow/boxcovers/" and "wiiflow/covers/" folders on the drive. Wiiflow will not need those files again.

I hope I've been helpful. Greetings
Great, I like it, thank you for this information and I think it will be useful for other users.

Reactions: AlexM80

benfll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When I open the home menu in a game a press reset I end up on the Wii menu instead of the game just being reset. Is there a way to fix this?
Also, when I play Super Paper Mario it doesn't appear on that letter the Wii sends you with your playtime, but other games I load do.

Last edited by benfll,

jul16ares

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last official version (5.5.3), crash on download covers for Wii games on WiiU vWii. I have to revert to 5.4.8.
Does I need Game ID in the name of the game i.e "Red Steel 2 [XXXX].wbfs" ?

Last edited by jul16ares,

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried wiiflow 5.5.4 beta and it works good except loading emunand games from sd card it gives me exception DSI and loading emunand games from usb gives me like half of the white loading bar then blackscreen same issue with v5.5.3. So i reverted to v5.5.3 because emunand works from sd on v5.5.3.
Last official version (5.5.3), crash on download covers for Wii games on WiiU vWii. I have to revert to 5.4.8.
Does I need Game ID in the name of the game i.e "Red Steel 2 [XXXX].wbfs" ?
You can get covers packs from here https://www.gametdb.com/Wii/downloads also the games dont need the title id in the name use wii backup manager to copy your games to your hdd https://wiibackupmanager.co.uk/downloads.html You should use wiiflow v5.5.3

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried wiiflow 5.5.4 beta and it works good except loading emunand games from sd card it gives me exception DSI and loading emunand games from usb gives me like half of the white loading bar then blackscreen same issue with v5.5.3. So i reverted to v5.5.3 because emunand works from sd on v5.5.3.

You can get covers packs from here https://www.gametdb.com/Wii/downloads also the games dont need the title id in the name use wii backup manager to copy your games to your hdd https://wiibackupmanager.co.uk/downloads.html You should use wiiflow v5.5.3
I am using WiiFlow WFL 5.5.4 test build 2. I just tested EmuNAND from USB...All working without any issues...

WiiWare Castlevania Adventure Rebirth
WiiWare Cave Story
VC Arcade 1942
VC C64 Boulder Dash
VC Genesis Alex Kidd Enchanted
VC NEO Fatal Fury Special
VC SMS Alex Kidd Miracle World
VC TG16 Air Zonk

I will test from SD and report back.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using WiiFlow WFL 5.5.4 test build 2. I just tested EmuNAND from USB...All working without any issues...

WiiWare Castlevania Adventure Rebirth
WiiWare Cave Story
VC Arcade 1942
VC C64 Boulder Dash
VC Genesis Alex Kidd Enchanted
VC NEO Fatal Fury Special
VC SMS Alex Kidd Miracle World
VC TG16 Air Zonk

I will test from SD and report back.
I think it might be the 1TB hdd im using i was using a 750GB hdd with 5.5.4 beta 2 and it worked fine using emunand from usb maybe the 1TB is not compatable with emunand everything else works with it.

Last edited by worm28,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__