Hacking Wiiboxart Free again ?

Shoud the site keep taking donations and give them to the coders of loaders

• Yes ! Thats a brilliant idea and will give the coders incentive to improve their apps

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way man , im a leech and think everything on the internet should be free and i hate donating

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hdhacker said:
Why would the coders want you to collect money and redistribute it to them? Furthermore, why would you want to open yourself up to accusations of "skimming" (not that you would do such a thing) when it's just as easy for the coders to set up their own donation systems? Are you a glutton for punishment?
They havent set up a donations system , and i know one of the main coders had only got 1 donation even though he has a button on his page.
People in general dont mind donating a euro , but when they dont have to think about it , they just dont bother.

Im sure most of the coders dont really need the money either , i know i dont , but its nice to see something coming back to you when you go out of your way and do something and share with everyone else which is why i would like to see donations keep up - id prefer them to go directly to the coders , but i know not many have donated to them.

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
hdhacker said:
Why would the coders want you to collect money and redistribute it to them? Furthermore, why would you want to open yourself up to accusations of "skimming" (not that you would do such a thing) when it's just as easy for the coders to set up their own donation systems? Are you a glutton for punishment?
They havent set up a donations system , and i know one of the main coders had only got 1 donation even though he has a button on his page.
People in general dont mind donating a euro , but when they dont have to think about it , they just dont bother.

They haven't set up a donation system, but they only received one donation. What?

Bottom line, if they want donations, they'll do it themselves.

QUOTE(djtaz @ Jul 5 2009, 02:07 PM)
Im sure most of the coders dont really need the money either , i know i dont

So you've taken down the donation links on your site?

neardark

Trophies
XP
Country

then you lied to alot of people when you pleaded poverty.

madtamski

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
"Shoud the site keep taking donations and give them to the coders of loaders?"

I'm not going to even vote in this poll as the poll choices you have given are horrendous (and yes I DO have a sense of homour!).

Taz, I've always seen you as a good man, and I've stayed on the fence with regards to your site's soap opera lately, but why in the hell are you trying to stir up the hornets nest again?

Please just leave it and ask for this poll to be closed/binned?

If anyone really wants to give donations to the coders, then they will do it through the coder's donate link and not the one on your site.

You were always a helpful guy, and yes you did set up a site which the loader dev's dids use for a cover source (ok they probably didn't ask you), but then, after your site got suspended for one reason or another, you took it away.

Most people were horrified (not me I use channels), and I think surprised at how you behaved towards them when they complained (ok you were provoked a little), but c'mon, your arrogance was not nice to watch.

Now, I ran a fairly popular warez site for over three years and went through all sort of financial/host difficulties, but not once did I limit the sites content on the condition of paid membership!

We have all of these other sites now, and there is no real need for yours, things have moved on, so please again, just leave it will you?

neardark

Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
hdhacker said:

Im sure most of the coders dont really need the money either , i know i dont , but its nice to see something coming back to you when you go out of your way and do something and share with everyone else which is why i would like to see donations keep up - id prefer them to go directly to the coders , but i know not many have donated to them.

So tell me, if the people vote that the site should be free, will you make it that way or do your really not care what they think?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Donating money to this page in hope the coder of one's favorite loader gets money is as good as donating money to the MAFIA and hoping ones's favorite artist gets 100% of that money.

Why do people try to have financial profit from the backup scene? It's mostly warez, if people are not willing to pay the developers of their favorite games, people who worked several weeks, 40 hours a week and more, what do you think they are willing to pay for game covers?

Also if i want to support the developers of my favorite loader, i ask them for a donate link if they don't have one.

mverason

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neardark said:

then you lied to alot of people when you pleaded poverty.

Let's face it, he ran a scheme which disgraced his image in the Wii scene; and not only did he do poorly on it, but now he's constantly attempting to innovate lies -making himself seem like the good guy - to deceive us in order to enhance his image.

QUOTEIm sure most of the coders dont really need the money either , i know i dont , but its nice to see something coming back to you when you go out of your way and do something and share with everyone else which is why i would like to see donations keep up - id prefer them to go directly to the coders , but i know not many have donated to them.

I can only imagine that he does not need the money, but surely he wants it.

-- The bottom line is, I hope developers won't be sucked into djtaz's greedy habits. And I surely hope it will be a universal habit for developers to transition from wiiboxart to other sites out there.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be much easier and much more efficient to just stop using his site rather than rant about him on a dozen different threads. He started a poll to be a smartass and everyone reacted exactly how he was expecting them to. There are enough sites around now that we can all focus our attention elsewhere and leave him in the past (until he thinks up another way to ask for money).

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
0ld8oy said:
It would be much easier and much more efficient to just stop using his site rather than rant about him on a dozen different threads. He started a poll to be a smartass and everyone reacted exactly how he was expecting them to. There are enough sites around now that we can all focus our attention elsewhere and leave him in the past (until he thinks up another way to ask for money).

As soon as loaders use banners, i hope all this cover crap dies immediately. But to face to truth, that won't happen either i think.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
0ld8oy said:

As soon as loaders use banners, i hope all this cover crap dies immediately. But to face to truth, that won't happen either i think.

Wishful thinking...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
0ld8oy said:
WiiPower said:
[...]

Wishful thinking...

What the banners or that the covers will die?

Remember when everybody thought gamecube backup launching is impossible? I think the banner loading is really doable, we only need somebody to display them.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
0ld8oy said:
WiiPower said:
[...]

Wishful thinking...

What the banners or that the covers will die?

Remember when everybody thought gamecube backup launching is impossible? I think the banner loading is really doable, we only need somebody to display them.

Wishful thinking that the drama will die. I definitely think we'll see banner loading in the not so distant future but people will always find something to complain about and someone to blame it on.

Maybe we should start talking about how impossible gamecube backup launching from USB would be...

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
Initial poll results are saying no one cares about the coders - makes u think really

Well aren't you the busybody today lol.

I have not seen a single donation link for the GX team. I even posted a query for a link, if there was one. Apparently there isn't. I have a feeling that, should they wish to solicit donations, they know how to get a paypal account and post a link... I know that's not quite as easy as coding but... I think they could manage
biggrin.gif

I'm truly not trying to be offensive, and I do think your boxart site is very nice, but I don't believe I would make a donation to any 3rd party hoping it gets to where I want it to go.

Some might view this as an attempt to misrepresent your donation process so you can benefit from the hard work of others... not me, mind you, but some. Given recent events you may wish to be a bit more prudent about such things. Totally up to you, of course.

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you just uploaded packs to MediaFire, MegaUpload, RapidShare, etc., nobody would complain, and it wouldn't cost you anything.

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't even see this thread. So I am right from the other thread. You are an attention whore.

It is your site, you do what you want with it. I just think it would be retarded to give to you, so you can give to them.

All the sudden your the wholely fundraiser for the grater good. Dude, stfu already. If people want to give to the loaders, they give.

If you really gave a shit, you would post a post stating that no one is donating to the loaders devs. Therefore, driving awareness, and taking a neutral role yourself.

So please stfu already.

Dueler

Trophies
Website
dueler.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Let people donate to who they want to donate to.

If i am donating i want to know im donating to someone i support, not a whole group of fuckwits whos projects i might never have seen before.

Some projects probably dont even deserve a fair share.

Let the world work by itself and you sit on the sidelines getting money you need to keep up server costs.

Thats fair, thats life.

*and i missed all the bullshit and thats a nuetral opinion*

neardark

Trophies
XP
Country
He says he has made a $300 dollar donation, But I'm thinking it was more about splitting the profits, it clearly looks that way.

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering my post/poll got closed for being a waste of time. Maybe it would be wise for the admins of this site to shut this down as well, or any not worth while thread that keeps popping up. This is clearly done for attention.

Also, my poll, while useless at initial glance was going to have a greater use. I had a feeling I was not the only one who thought Djatz needed to stfu. I just wanted to continously reference the thread to show that people are tired of his shit.

I apologize if that violated the gbatemp forum rules, but something has to be done about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny