MasterPenguin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well. I installed the Homebrew Channel, and then installed the Homebrew Browser. Both worth perfectly. Then, using the Homebrew Browser, I downloaded & installed Wii64. But, when I load it up, I just get a whole bunch of numbers, and "CODE DUMP:" with more numbers following it.

So, I figured it could've just downloaded wrong. So I deleted it, and reinstalled it through the Homebrew Browser. Tried it again - still does work, same thing.

Then, I began to think Homebrew Browser could be messing it up, and I'll just install it through the computer. Using the instructions given at his site, I downloaded & installed it exactly as said. Loaded it up - same thing.

So, then I decided to update my Wii. Went to Systems Update, did the update. Tried loading it up yet again - still the same thing. Lots of numbers followed by "CODE DUMP:", then more numbers.

I have also tried removing & putting back the memory cards in all the possible different combinations, and it still happens.

Any one with a solution? :|

chromemolly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Na. No Solution. But don't be sad, the wii64 emulator is shit anyway. Stick to the other emus or install some N64 Wads.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay, since this topic is kinda dead, I might as well use it to ask my questions:

What is the supported extension of the N64 roms to use them with Wii64?
How's the support? ON the site it says pretty good, but how's it in reality, since a lot of people say it's bad....

What kinda controllers can I use?

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
Okay, since this topic is kinda dead, I might as well use it to ask my questions:

What is the supported extension of the N64 roms to use them with Wii64?
How's the support? ON the site it says pretty good, but how's it in reality, since a lot of people say it's bad....

What kinda controllers can I use?

According to the Wii64 WiiBrew page, it supports .z64 or .v64 extensions. The developers of the emulator are still updating it, and it seems to be working a lot better than the last public release did.

Wii64 currently supports the GameCube and Classic controllers.

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
Okay, so what should I buy ? CC or GC controller?
What will be more used by homebrew/VC/emulators?

For N64 I'd say use a GC controller. I tried using the CC once with Super Mario 64 and it just felt way too awkward. The left stick is in a bad spot and it's just not comfortable to use when the whole game relies on it. The stick on the GC controller is much easier to use. Get a Wavebird if you can, that way you're still wireless.

As far as homebrew and emulators go, I don't think I've ever tried the GC controller on anything but I'm sure it works. I prefer the Classic Controller when using emulators, especially SNES. It feels very natural. You can use pretty much any controller combo for emulators though, even the Wiimote by itself (which works great with NES games, not so great with SNES and Genesis since the buttons are scattered all over the place).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill