Deleted member 533457

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Hi there guys,

09Notvn.png
70AWbQ7.png
LQ4Fb6e.png

I went to successfully add something i always wanted to the Nintendo 64 emulator for Wii made by @emu_kidid, Wii64 (formely called as Mupen64GC), in its version Wii64 1.3, for have the ability for autolaunch N64 ROMs on Wii64 (on both glN64 and Rice plugins) by using arguments: first argument for the path where is the ROM stored, and the second argument for indicate the ROM file to launch, which makes this compatible with WiiFlow and making your custom Single ROM Loaders for N64 games.

Current version: Wii64 1.3 WiiFlow MOD Beta4 (2022-03-21)

A demostrative (preview video):

The usage of this mod for autolaunch N64 ROMs:
Add this to the meta.xml file of Wii64 and modify the values of the arguments with yours for your game:
Code:
<arguments>
<arg>{device}:/{path_of_ROM}</arg>
<arg>{ROM_file}</arg>
</arguments>

For example:
Code:
<arguments>
<arg>sd:/apps/wii64_singlegame/rom</arg>
<arg>SuperMario64.z64</arg>
</arguments>

An example of a meta.xml file for usage when you're using my mod of Wii64 1.3 on Rice GFX plugin and with the game GoldenEye 007:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<app version="1">
    <name>GoldenEye 007 N64 Launcher</name>
    <author>saulfabreg</author>
    <version>BETA 1</version>
    <release_date>20220317</release_date>
    <short_description>Nintendo 64</short_description>
    <long_description>
Wii64 1.3 Rice GFX - WiiFlow MOD by saulfabreg
Game Launcher for GoldenEye 007
    </long_description>
    <arguments>
    <arg>sd:/apps/n64_goldeneye/rom</arg>
    <arg>GoldenEye007.z64</arg>
    </arguments>
    <ahb_access/>
</app>

Some images of my Wii64 1.3 WiiFlow MOD Beta4 running the game GoldenEye 007:

View attachment 302812 View attachment 302813 View attachment 302814 View attachment 302815 View attachment 302816

This addition was based in @FIX94's work of implementing WiiFlow compatibility as a N64 plugin. Original can be found here: https://github.com/FIX94/Wii64

Also has the most recent fixes of Wii64 in Wii64's code (such the recent fix to the issue of launching ROMs from USB).

Please read about the booping audio issue on 1.3 (applies to Beta4 and above): If you want to use the setting LimitVIs=0 (No VI limit for fix some booping audio issues), please consider using the WiiVC version instead of the normal version. (The WiiVC version will still work on regular Wii console :) )

These were compiled using:
On other words, this mod is the same Wii64 1.3 Beta that you love and you were waiting for it until December 2021 but it has the ability for autolaunch ROMs via arguments, via meta.xml or WiiFlow.

Download of this custom mod of Wii64 1.3 by me can be found in attachments (avaliable for original Wii and WiiVC mode, on both glN64 GFX and Rice GFX plugins).

Mirror link: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t6y2iynb3tlvt/

Source code of this fork can be found on GitHub: https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/Wii64/tree/wii64-wiiflow

Hope you enjoy them!!!

PD: Maybe my friends @RunningSnakes and @Tetsuo Shima want also test this new "plugin" for try to include it temporally in the WiiFlow Plugins Pack, until emu_kidid manages to add this modification on GitHub to main official Wii64. (Look at this pull request: https://github.com/emukidid/Wii64/pull/83)

@SaulFabre

Thanks.

• Love
Reactions: SaulFabre

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
you should add pal star wars shadows of the empire to the ricevideolinux.ini you can add it to the bottom

{8166484d45927dab-50}
Name=Shadow of the Empire
DisableObjBG=1
ScreenUpdateSetting=4

also add this to vigilant 8 it will allow you to atleast read the text of the menus even tough the menus are messed up and stop screen flashes
ScreenUpdateSetting=4
FullTMEM=2

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
you should add pal star wars shadows of the empire to the ricevideolinux.ini you can add it to the bottom

{8166484d45927dab-50}
Name=Shadow of the Empire
DisableObjBG=1
ScreenUpdateSetting=4

also add this to vigilant 8 it will allow you to atleast read the text of the menus even tough the menus are messed up and stop screen flashes
ScreenUpdateSetting=4
FullTMEM=2
@pedro702

please don't forget about the NTSC version of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire and both versions (PAL and NTSC) of StarCraft 64 ;)

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
well fromw hat i saw your ricevideolinux already had the ntsc version of shadow of the empire fixed? the one you have on your github repo?
@pedro702 don't know. please send the settings for SW: SOTE (NTSC) and StarCraft 64 (NTSC & PAL) pls

Last edited by SaulFabre,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@SaulFabre , I thought you'd like to know that I hunted down the right person to talk to and now this is officially the version used by the open shop channel and homebrew browser (and soon to be modmii)
https://oscwii.org/library/app/wii64

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Just so you know, there's is a bug regarding the use of Wii Classic Controller and Wii U Pro Controller (Classic Pro is probably affected too, though I don't have it), D-pad Right also presses C-Button Left in any game. If you change the mapping of the C-Button Left inside the emulator to anything other than L-Stick or R-Stick on the physical controller, it changes to pressing D-pad Right and C-Button Up.

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Just so you know, there's is a bug regarding the use of Wii Classic Controller and Wii U Pro Controller (Classic Pro is probably affected too, though I don't have it), D-pad Right also presses C-Button Left in any game. If you change the mapping of the C-Button Left inside the emulator to anything other than L-Stick or R-Stick on the physical controller, it changes to pressing D-pad Right and C-Button Up.
@niuus
Does this also happen to official Wii64 1.3 by @emu_kidid?

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Yes, of course. Tested 1.1, 1.2 from FIX94 and emukidid, and 1.3 from emukidid and your mod which derives from official.
@niuus
All of these versions (1.1, 1.2, 1.3) have that Classic Controller/Wii U Pro Controller issue?
Or in one of these versions that issue isn't present? :P

Nrmr927

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I
Wii64 1.3 WiiFlow MOD - BETA TESTERS WANTED/REQUIRED!

Even when these builds work, i need further testing, because these are still in BETA testing.

@Ripster kindly tested with Rice GFX on USB and looks like that doesn't have the issue of before.

But i still need more further testing.
Could you people can help test the builds please (also if this can be integrated as a WiiFlow plugin)? :) I will be eternally grateful ;)
@pedro702 @fledge68 @RunningSnakes @Tetsuo Shima @matto21 @Zorg1996
I would love to help.

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I

I would love to help.
Sure thing! :)
But this was already implemented on @RunningSnakes' and @Tetsuo Shima's WiiFlow Plugins Pack.
You can download that pack and install it with my Wii64 N64 plugin.

Anyways, if you want just to add my Wii64 WiiFlow plugins, take the files i will say on my Beta4 and use the plugins mentioned:

For Wii64 glN64 GFX: use the file wii64-glN64-WiiVC.dol from Beta4 and rename it to wii64.dol
Use this PLUGIN ini file that must be named Wii64.ini:

Code:
[PLUGIN]
arguments={device}:/{path}/|{name}
bannersound=ZZ--Sounds/N64.ogg
consolecoverid=Nintendo
covercolor=111111
coverfolder=Nintendo/N64
displayname=Nintendo N64 (Wii64 glN64)
dolfile=N64/wii64.dol
filetypes=.n64|.v64|.z64|.zip
magic=57493634
romdir=not64/roms
rompartition=-1

For Wii64 Rice GFX: use the file wii64-Rice-WiiVC.dol from Beta4 and rename it to wii64_Rice.dol
Use this PLUGIN ini file that must be named Wii64_rice.ini:

Code:
[PLUGIN]
arguments={device}:/{path}/|{name}
bannersound=ZZ--Sounds/N64.ogg
consolecoverid=Nintendo
covercolor=111111
coverfolder=Nintendo/N64
displayname=Nintendo N64 (Wii64 Rice)
dolfile=N64/wii64_rice.dol
filetypes=.n64|.v64|.z64|.zip
magic=57523634
romdir=not64/roms
rompartition=-1

Hope this help ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool