steve2606

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there

I am having a problem with the Wii64 emulator.

My Wii is 4.2e and I used the homebrew guide kindly provided by xzxero on this site. (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901)

I have managed to get other emulators to work, but with Wii64, every time I click "load rom" and then "load from SD" it just says that an error occured.

I read the readme file included, and have placed the rom in the "roms" folder and have also created a "saves" folder too. Both in the Wii64 folder.

The rom file type is .z64, which the readme said was compatible.

Using a 2GB Sandisk SD formatted to FAT32. Not HC.

Can anybody tell me I there is something I have missed? It's a shame that I can't test out the progress of N64 emulation on the Wii. =(

steve2606

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deanxxczx said:
It would be better to use VC wads for N64 games, I'm not sure about Wii64 if its good or not.

Wouldn't even know where to start with using WADs. haha

Thanks for the reply though. =)

steve2606

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Veristical Blaze said:
did everything you did, but with me it works. What roms did you try to load as Wii64 is at a really early state and doesn't work with most roms, maybe try Lylat Wars as that rom is supposed to work, for me it does in anyway

Banjo Kazooie. I wasn't aware that it was at that early a stage. If that's the case, I may just wait for it to be improved.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
All (I think) you do, is get preloader, enable the hack for all region wads and install them using wad manager.
If the game you are looking for isnt a VC game, you can look for a injected file instead

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Banjo Kazooie won't work as injected , so as MANY other games so Wii64 is still a better option.
People have already confirmed this game to be working (but a little glitchy) so this is definitively an issue on your side.
Make sure your ROM files are in sd:/wii64/roms, NOT sd:/apps/wii64/roms

steve2606

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
Banjo Kazooie won't work as injected , so as MANY other games so Wii64 is still a better option.
People have already confirmed this game to be working (but a little glitchy) so this is definitively an issue on your side.
Make sure your ROM files are in sd:/wii64/roms, NOT sd:/apps/wii64/roms

Ahhh that did it. I feel so stupid now. haha. It seems to work great. A lot better than I was expecting. But one more question,

Does the "saves" folder go sd:/wii64/saves ? Because I saved in game after the intro, and when I turned the Wii off and loaded it up again, it hadn't saved my progress and the file was empty.

Is this something I can fix?

Thanks for your help though. =)

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
to get saves to work you need to go into options menu and choose auto save/load sram to sd card. otherwise you have to do it manually each time you save.

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a similar problem: I loaded all my roms onto a DVD (ran out of room on my SD card, its amazing how fast 8GB fills up) and was loading fine, but now randomly I get the same error, but it doesnt even sound like the DVD is being read. Thoughts?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, me neither