Wii #XXXX - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (USA)

phyl0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd just like to let everyone know who hasnt updated their wii in a long time, that im on a really old Cios...i think like v13 or something, havent turned my wii on since donkey kong country, and use USB loader GX. I didnt update anything at all, just put this game on my hdd and booted it up with usb loader gx after setting the 002 fix option. playing the game now, no problems.

Macbook

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YEY! I finally got it to work!!
In my case, I was getting a black screen freeze on startup.

The problem is that I opened the rar file on a Mac and it damaged the iso file for some reason.

Solved it by doing all the work on windows.

I`ll be seeding 24/7 :)

LouisHo

Trophies
XP
Hey Guys, could anyone help me out with the Ancient Cistern Dungeon: how are you suppose to 'strike the gemstones pointing in four directions', with the following description 'first the back, then the rear, then the back of the right palm, and finally the back of the left palm?' I tried several combinations and I just can't seem to get past the gemstone blocked door. I am having this problem, just after I recently completed retrieving the sacred water quest for the Water Dragon. Any suggestions would be grateful, thanks!

nyijedi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the Japanese voice sound effects annoying anyone else as much as me? I'm still confused as to what version this actually is. Do people think the save file for this version will be compatible with the actual U.S. version when it's released next week?

roubagalinhas

Trophies
XP
Country
this release is a dump of the retail disc
it has been in the hands of the reviewers for some time now

i guess they dont speak japanese, that doesn't sound like japanese to me
maybe hylian?

nyijedi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I guess I'm just a little confused as to why it's listed as a "multi-language" NTSC disc, including English, French, and Spanish. And like I said earlier, the Japanese voice sounds are a little annoying. I assumed they'd be replaced w/ the more traditional American sounding effects for the actual USA release version.

EDIT: Actually, am I doing something wrong? Does everyone else have the Japanese sound effects (e.g., grunts, voice expressions when talking to people) too? I looked through this whole thread and was surprised no one else mentioned it. I just burned the game and am using an original WiiKey. Other than the sounds, everything else works perfectly.

Matthew

Trophies
XP
Country
Ive been trying all day and I cant get it to work. I've reinstalled ios236 and installed d2x ios in 248 and set cofiguarable usb loader to use it and blocked IOS reload. The one I downloaded "ws_tlozss_multi3" and it comes with some wads such as IOS251[58]-v7a5fixed.wad, should I install these?

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I guess I'm just a little confused as to why it's listed as a "multi-language" NTSC disc, including English, French, and Spanish. And like I said earlier, the Japanese voice sounds are a little annoying. I assumed they'd be replaced w/ the more traditional American sounding effects for the actual USA release version.

EDIT: Actually, am I doing something wrong? Does everyone else have the Japanese sound effects (e.g., grunts, voice expressions when talking to people) too? I looked through this whole thread and was surprised no one else mentioned it. I just burned the game and am using an original WiiKey. Other than the sounds, everything else works perfectly.

Pretty sure the sound is supposed to be identical in all regions. Doesn't really bother me at all - I wouldn't associate most of the noises with an ethnicity.

nyijedi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Pretty sure the sound is supposed to be identical in all regions. Doesn't really bother me at all - I wouldn't associate most of the noises with an ethnicity.
I guess what bothers me is that the voices are different from the voices/sound effects from all of the previous Zelda games (specifically Link's sound effects when exerting himself). I didn't mean any offense, but it definitely struck me as having a Japanese twang to it. Nothing wrong with that at all - just not what I'm used to w/ the Zelda games. Moreso, I guess I'm just really curious as to why this is.

Starzboy77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wiiflow keeps booting out to the system menu whenever I try to boot the game?? Can someone please help me out? :P

You have to run the game using the alt boot.DOL first since the game has the Wii motion + intro video crap. After you sit through the entire video you can switch the alt boot.dol option off and it should boot fine. Happened to me as well with my soft mod wii.

AVGanondorf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally, got Skyward Sword working!!! But whenever I try to play it, at long loading screens or at the end of cut-scenes, it says that it can't read the disc. Help?

PS: Sometimes it freezes when I'm calibrating the Wii Remote, or sometimes it freezes at the very start!!! It's confusing because every-time it's different, and I'm not changing anything. Please Help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/d7mkQP8