Hacking Wii Won't Read Discs

LeonardoGolden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having problems with my Wii regarding disc-reading. It seems to have completely stopped reading most of my game discs. My gamecube discs work fine, but they give me disc-read errors. As for Wii games, only a small amount of them work, and some of them, even though they're recognized by the Wii, refuse to load.

I'm not sure it's the drive itself, because when I insert my WiiKey update disc, it reads it instantly.

I'm on 4.2U and I have bootmii installed. I have no clue which revision of cIOS I have installed.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were you, I would use ModMii to re-download and update all of my IOS files. I would also use ModMii to download and reinstall my system menu. If that did not solve the problem, I would try cleaning the lens. I might also try messing with my Wiikey's settings to see if that has anything to do with it.

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If I were you, I would move to Cfg usb loader and never look back.

ps. gamecube over usb might be a problem

secretchaos1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How long have you had your wii for? The disc drive does commonly die out after awhile. USB loading will solve your wii issues, but as for gcn you're pretty shit out of luck for now. Anything Riivolution related won't work for you either without legit discs, which is another burden to a dead drive, but it's better than having the wii be completely useless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Megadriver94 I think the 3d printer should have been called something else instead of a 3d printer