Hacking Wii won't play burned discs? Get "Error: Can't mount or unknown disc format".

vault412

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have USB Loader GX installed. My Wii is from 2006 so it plays burned discs. I burned Punch-Out ISO(my legit copy is ruined) to a blank DVD+R DL using IMGBurn. I have a
Asus - BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer.

I got this error when I try to play it: "Error: Can't mount or unknown disc format".
IMG_0034.JPG

I know I'm doing something wrong with IMGBurn, can anyone help me fix this please?

Thank you :)

Last edited by vault412,

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have USB Loader GX installed. My Wii is from 2006 so it plays burned discs. I burned Punch-Out to a blank DVD+R DL using IMGBurn. I have a
Asus - BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer.

I got this error when I try to play it: "Error: Can't mount or unknown disc format".
View attachment 110848

I know I'm doing something wrong with IMGBurn, can anyone help me fix this please?

Thank you :)

You burned a single layer disk to a dual layer disk... I don't know what went wrong but I know that you should use a single layer disk for single layer images. (Not saying you can't do what you did and have it work... just that I don't know how to go about doing that.)

Edit: Well now that I think about it a bit more... since the WBFS file for Punch out is under 4GB's you could make the dual layer disk hold 2 different games just have a folder structure like /WBFS/Punch Out! and USB Loader GX might load it from the disk? (Not sure about this one at all)

Last edited by Psionic Roshambo,

vault412

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You burned a single layer disk to a dual layer disk... I don't know what went wrong but I know that you should use a single layer disk for single layer images. (Not saying you can't do what you did and have it work... just that I don't know how to go about doing that.)

I heard something about that there is a setting in IMGBurn that fixes that. I've been trying to find a tutorial but with no luck. All I know is DL discs do work just got to fig out what I'm doing wrong.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard something about that there is a setting in IMGBurn that fixes that. I've been trying to find a tutorial but with no luck. All I know is DL discs do work just got to fig out what I'm doing wrong.

As far as I know the only setting I know of when dealing with dual layer disks on the Wii is setting the break point. That's the point where the image should be started burning on the second layer of the DVD. That as far as I know is only for dealing with like dual layer disks. Only a handful of them on the Wii to be honest (Metroid Prime 1/2/3 being the best one in my opinion!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7