mrjelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I would like to double check a method to install Wii wads. I've checked around but can't find anything definitive and there may be a chance of bricking I gather.
I plan to use Wii wad manager
Have my was (my Pokémon ranch) in /was on the SD
Load wad manager and load ios249
Install

Does that make sense?

Thank you

Reactions: Alexander1970

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The basic procedure you said is correct, but: modern wad managers (like "Some Yawmm Mod") do not need CIOS anymore - they can use AHBPROT to apply signature patches in real time (although using a CIOS and/or an older wad manager are still acceptable ways); they can also load wad files from anywhere on SD/USB (although a "wad" folder is still common practice if only for your own tidiness)

Installing a title you are not certain of its origin can be risky due to two main factors:
1- banner brick - this can be readily solved if you have Priiloader installed (a banner brick breaks the Wii Menu's GUI, so you can boot directly to homebrew instead and uninstall the defective channel)
2- the wad not being what you think it is, and overwriting something else, potentially a critical title (check its titleID before installation, for example with ShowMiiWads)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1