Hacking Wii VC injection compatibility?

leejaclane

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was curious. The injector I had been using, the TeconMoon one, uses Rhythm Heaven Fever (USA) as the base for everything, seemingly with no problems even for games that are indicated on the gbatemp compatibility list to use a different game instead. Then I got into UWUVCI, looked at its compatibility list. At first it looks like just the gbatemp list again, but it's got a few differences from it.

Also, UWUVCI has in its dropdown menu of bases 3 regions for 3 games, but these are just Rhythm Heaven Fever, Super Paper Mario, and Xenoblade Chronicles -- its own compatibility list shows Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Donkey Kong Country Returns as well.

So I was curious, is there any rhyme or reason to how these compatibility lists are laid out? Obviously one assumes the games they're listed as compatible with are games they're compatible with, but is this to the exclusion of others? I realize it's likely no one has exhaustively tested every game with every base, but there are no entries for bases that didn't work.

So, I guess I'd just like to know more about how the compatibility lists are organized, maybe?

Reactions: ZipMartin

lilaplazam

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I’m asking the same thing! NO ONE IS ANSWERING. HELP US. my game crashes because I have rhythm heaven fever as a base but in the list it says that it’s compatible with another host game!!!!

pz64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was curious. The injector I had been using, the TeconMoon one, uses Rhythm Heaven Fever (USA) as the base for everything, seemingly with no problems even for games that are indicated on the gbatemp compatibility list to use a different game instead. Then I got into UWUVCI, looked at its compatibility list. At first it looks like just the gbatemp list again, but it's got a few differences from it.

Also, UWUVCI has in its dropdown menu of bases 3 regions for 3 games, but these are just Rhythm Heaven Fever, Super Paper Mario, and Xenoblade Chronicles -- its own compatibility list shows Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Donkey Kong Country Returns as well.

So I was curious, is there any rhyme or reason to how these compatibility lists are laid out? Obviously one assumes the games they're listed as compatible with are games they're compatible with, but is this to the exclusion of others? I realize it's likely no one has exhaustively tested every game with every base, but there are no entries for bases that didn't work.

So, I guess I'd just like to know more about how the compatibility lists are organized, maybe?
I stumbled across this post wondering the same thing. I recently took a look at the compatibility list and noticed that all of my wii games were installed using Teconmoon and that they all used rhythm heaven as the base. All of my wii injects work flawlessly even the ones that show a different base being used on the compatibility list. I guess rhythm heaven is just the most universally working base because most of the games on the compatibility list show they were injected using it as the base. Literally all my games work so I guess there’s no reason to look more into it???
Post automatically merged:

I’m asking the same thing! NO ONE IS ANSWERING. HELP US. my game crashes because I have rhythm heaven fever as a base but in the list it says that it’s compatible with another host game!!!!
Then just use a different injector tool like UWUVCI that allows you to choose a different base.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv... +1