Hacking Wii - USB Loader GX: Just Dance 2016

Ashiarella

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh alright. So I'll just stick to using Wii Backup Manager. I'm just so afraid to format my flash drive again from WBFS to FAT32 as I said above.

EDIT: Okay, so what I did was start all over and formatted my USB flash drive from WBFS to FAT32 with Wii Backup Manager. When I first did it with WTFS2FAT and transferred my isos to the wbfs folder, WBM would read the game files as "invalid". So i decided to format my drive using WBM, and so far so good. I've been converting my isos to wbfs files and transferring them to the wbfs folder and so far, no errors. I've transferred NEW SMB, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, and We Cheer. I'm a little confused about the whole SHA1-hash though because when I used that to verify if my games were good, NEW SMB and the Mario and Sonic game were green, but We Cheer was red. I decided to try and load We Cheer through CFG to see if I would still have the Loading problem, but it worked! I can play the game normally now. I'm confused about why WBM thought that it was a bad wbfs because it runs really well. The other games run fine also except NEW SMB, I could tell that the controls on the wii remote was a little laggy sometimes, but that's a minor issue. At least the games work.

So now I'm going to try and transfer Just Dance 2015 and see if it works. Wish me luck!

EDIT2: Alright, I did what you suggested Cyan. I tried running Just Dance 2015 with default settings, IOS250, IOS224, and IOS 225 with both Usb Loader GX and CFG. I still get the "Reading Disc" prompt. But I also tried IOS223, but I just got a black screen with USB Loader GX, but "Reading Disc" with CFG. I don't think this is any type of progress, but do you think so? I tried switching the video settings from use global to Force NTSC to Force PAL60 to Force NTSC480 (I believe is what it's called). It's no use. I feel like I've literally tried everything to get this game to work. I also transferred SSBB along with Just Dance 2015 (both were green), but at USB Loader GX startup, the SSBB banner doesn't show. It just shows a black screen when I open it at Settings and Game Start. When I try to start it, it just takes me back to HomeBrew. This is like my 3rd time dumping this specific iso and I have the same result every time. And it opens just fine on my Dolphin Emulator! But I'm most concerned about Just Dance. I've done everything right, correct? But why is it still not working??

Any suggestions anyone?

Last edited by Ashiarella,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can play the game normally now. I'm confused about why WBM thought that it was a bad wbfs because it runs really well.
The corruption can be anywhere in the game, not necessarily at the boot code or start screen, or first level, etc.
A corrupted game could crash when it tried to load a specific music, or sound, or model, or map, or video, etc.

The other games run fine also except NEW SMB, I could tell that the controls on the wii remote was a little laggy sometimes, but that's a minor issue. At least the games work.
that's strange that the controls are laggy. it was usually the case when using an old cIOS version.
we should be clear about what you finally installed and what you are using, because you seems to have installed and overwritten few system files and don't know what you finally have.

So now I'm going to try and transfer Just Dance 2015
Ah, it's 2015 or 2016 ?
that thread was for 2016, and the first user said 2015 and older were working good. only 2016 has issues.
so if you are playing 2015 and it doesn't work, you can be sure something is wrong on your side as other users can play it.
if you are playing 2016, then the first user didn't tell if he managed to fix that game.

Ashiarella

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The corruption can be anywhere in the game, not necessarily at the boot code or start screen, or first level, etc.
A corrupted game could crash when it tried to load a specific music, or sound, or model, or map, or video, etc.

that's strange that the controls are laggy. it was usually the case when using an old cIOS version.
we should be clear about what you finally installed and what you are using, because you seems to have installed and overwritten few system files and don't know what you finally have.

Ah, it's 2015 or 2016 ?
that thread was for 2016, and the first user said 2015 and older were working good. only 2016 has issues.
so if you are playing 2015 and it doesn't work, you can be sure something is wrong on your side as other users can play it.
if you are playing 2016, then the first user didn't tell if he managed to fix that game.

Oh okay that makes sense

I didn't change anything on the Wii, I just converted my flash drive from wbfs to fat32 and I'm using WBM to transfer my games over. My syscheck is still the same.

I'm having problems with Just Dance 2015 and 2016, with both the "Reading Disc" prompt. The first user didn't state what he did to work it, so that's why I bumped the thread, and on the other forum, I asked for that wad because it helped a lot of other people. I was thinking it may be my isos, but I really don't know. What specifically should I do?

EDIT: I tried to transfer both Just Dance 2015 and 2016 to my USB flash drive using WBM, which were both successful. But when I try to verify them with SHA1-hash, they automatically turn red. I checked the log every time I did this and it repeatedly says

Source: WiiDisc.DoDisc

Source: VerifyDataThread
Value: Fail

What is up with this???????? This happened with both Just Dance 2015 and 2016 wbfs files.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the "wad" you asked is nothing else than d2x cIOS r52 which you can install using d2x installer.
you said you are more used to a wad manager, but there's really nothing complicated in the installer.
launch it, select what to install (Dpad top/down/left/right) then press A to install.
what you need :
d2x v8 or v10 r52 (not r53)
slot : 250
base : 57
version : 21008 (or 21010 if you chose v10)

That's strange that your game become corrupted just by transfering it to your drive...
You have the game in ISO format ? what you can try is formatting your partition to NTFS and keep the full 4.7GB ISO file that you copy manually from your file explorer.
you place the file to the same folder than if it was a wbfs, it's just the extension which is different.

/wbfs/Game title [TitleID]/TitleID.iso (.iso instead of .wbfs)

Ashiarella

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I'll do the installation.

I know, it's really strange. When I transferred my games again, three of them said invalid. I don't know the cause of this, but I'll try formatting to NTFS and copying my isos over to the wbfs folder using file manager. I'll let you know how it goes.

EDIT: Alright. I transferred one game over (New SMB) using file manager and renamed the files correctly and that was successful. Used SHA1 and showed it in green. Now when I transferred Just Dance 2015, it was successful. Renamed the files like you showed me. Used SHA1 on it and this is what it said:

13:13:24 VerifyDataThread Thread started
13:13:24 WiiDisc.DoPartition Invalid TMD 0
13:13:24 WiiDisc.DoDisc Error reading partition 2
Data partition
13:13:25 WiiDisc.DoPartition Invalid TMD 0
13:13:25 WiiDisc.DoDisc Error reading partition 2
Data partition
13:13:28 WiiDisc.PartitionReadBlock Hash check failed 8421376/32768
13:13:28 WiiDisc.PartitionRead Error reading block 1024/12608
13:13:28 WiiDisc.DoDisc Error reading partition 1
Update partition
13:13:28 WiiDisc.DoPartition Invalid TMD 0
13:13:28 WiiDisc.DoDisc Error reading partition 2
Data partition
13:13:28 VerifyDataThread SE3E41 Just Dance 2015 Fail
13:13:28 VerifyDataThread Thread terminated
13:13:28 VerifyDataThread Time taken 00:00:03
13:14:18 Application Log cleared
13:14:18 Application Version 0.4.5 build 78 (x64)
13:14:18 Application Platform Windows 8 (x64)
13:14:24 VerifyDataThread Thread started
13:14:24 WiiDisc.DoPartition Invalid TMD 0
13:14:24 WiiDisc.DoDisc Error reading partition 2
Data partition
13:14:24 WiiDisc.DoPartition Invalid TMD 0
13:14:24 WiiDisc.DoDisc Error reading partition 2
Data partition
13:14:28 WiiDisc.PartitionReadBlock Hash check failed 8421376/32768
13:14:28 WiiDisc.PartitionRead Error reading block 1024/12608
13:14:28 WiiDisc.DoDisc Error reading partition 1
Update partition
13:14:28 WiiDisc.DoPartition Invalid TMD 0
13:14:28 WiiDisc.DoDisc Error reading partition 2
Data partition
13:14:28 VerifyDataThread SE3E41 Just Dance 2015 Fail
13:14:28 VerifyDataThread Thread terminated
13:14:28 VerifyDataThread Time taken 00:00:03

You think it might be the iso itself? I really think it might do the exact same thing with Just Dance 2016.

EDIT2: It's not my isos. Alright, so I just used WiiBackupManager_64 and WiiBackupManager_32 to test something. I used v64 and used SHA1 with a NEW Just Dance 2015 iso I just downloaded. Then I used v32 and used SHA1 with the OLD Just Dance 2015 that I was getting errors with. I tested these isos BEFORE I transferred them to my drive and they both came out green! My isos are fine, it's just transferring them over to my drive that's the issue. I'm going to try transferring the new iso of Just Dance 2015 first and see what happens.

Ashiarella

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the game doesn't work and WBM says the partitions failed the SHA1 check...

Like I said above in my second edit, I used SHA1 on the iso BEFORE transferring it to my USB flash drive, and it came out green. Doesn't this mean that the game DOES work?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said above in my second edit, I used SHA1 on the iso BEFORE transferring it to my USB flash drive, and it came out green. Doesn't this mean that the game DOES work?

Ah, I missed that. Have you tried using a different USB cable by any chance? (Oh, flash drive. That could be the problem...)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's even more strange because you transferred the ISO manually, and the game is still bad on your drive.
Maybe your drive is having issues (like bad sectors and deteriorating data on each write or access to that drive)
it happens on dying hard drives, I don't know if it also affects flash drives.

Do you have another device to test with?

Ashiarella

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have another device, but it could be my flash drive even though it's brand new.

Also one of my games is showing "????" when I transferred it manually and renamed the files. I know I named them right. I set it up like this, but WBM is showing question marks for it.

I:/wbfs/We Cheer [RCHEAF]/RCHEAF.iso

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
wiibackupmanager is reading the Title from inside the ISO.
if it can't read it, it's either :
- not the correct language (japanese game, and it doesn't display kana or kanji)
- not inside the ISO (most unlikely)
- corrupted

Ashiarella

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I'm going to try and install d2x v10 beta52, but it probably won't make a difference though. It must be my flash drive that's the problem, even though I can play a lot of games with no issues. If Just Dance doesn't work, I'm just going to give up. :( Thanks a lot for your help you guys. I appreciate your patience on helping me. :)

EDIT: So I installed d2x v10 beta52 like should've in slot 249 and 250. When trying to load Just Dance 2015, it automatically went back to HomeBrew, which is what I kind of expected since the game is corrupted. We Cheer did the same too, but NEW SMB worked just fine. I think it depends on what game I transfer because I transferred NEW SMB many times and the game never came up as corrupted. It's so confusing to me, but I think I give up for now. It probably is my flash drive. So next time when I get another drive, what kind of drive should I get? Any recommendations?

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
your posts are very confusion.
You said you formatted to Fat32? You used WiiBackupManager to transfer the games?

Are the games being transferred as .ios or .wbfs? Wii isos are over 4G in size and will not fit in a FAT32 partition. You said you will try NTFS or are you using NTFS already?
If the games are transferred as .wbfs, leave them be, they will work. If they are transferred as .ios to FAT32, something is seriously wrong. If you are on NTFS, both .wbfs and .iso should work.

WiiBackupManager should transfer the games to correct folder structures and game names. Why you would have to rename them manually? Are you renaming .wbfs to .iso? That will never work.
If you are transferring .iso to NTFS, you don't really need WiiBackupManager. You can create the folder structure manually and copy the iso over using Windows explorer (or other native tools in linux, mac etc), does that still failed SHA-1, if so, that definitely is your drive.

Ashiarella

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your posts are very confusion.
You said you formatted to Fat32? You used WiiBackupManager to transfer the games?

Are the games being transferred as .ios or .wbfs? Wii isos are over 4G in size and will not fit in a FAT32 partition. You said you will try NTFS or are you using NTFS already?
If the games are transferred as .wbfs, leave them be, they will work. If they are transferred as .ios to FAT32, something is seriously wrong. If you are on NTFS, both .wbfs and .iso should work.

WiiBackupManager should transfer the games to correct folder structures and game names. Why you would have to rename them manually? Are you renaming .wbfs to .iso? That will never work.
If you are transferring .iso to NTFS, you don't really need WiiBackupManager. You can create the folder structure manually and copy the iso over using Windows explorer (or other native tools in linux, mac etc), does that still failed SHA-1, if so, that definitely is your drive.

I've literally done everything you said. I formatted my drive from WBFS to FAT32 first and converted my isos to wbfs files to the wbfs folder. But my games would still be corrupted. So I did what Cyan said and formatted my drive from FAT32 to NTFS and manually moved my isos in the correct folders I renamed manually. I used SHA1 on WBM to see if my isos were corrupted during the transfer, but they were still corrupted. The only game that I transferred to my drive that wasn't corrupted was NEW SMB. Everything else was corrupted. Honestly, I just decided to give up on the whole Just Dance problem. I'm happy playing GC games from my USB and SD card. I formatted my drive back to FAT32 so that I could play my GC games through Nintendont. Until I get a new drive, I'll just have to put my Just Dance problem on hold because my flash drive just may be the issue. This is why I asked what specific drive is recommended so that I know next time. Then I'll just use that HD for Wii games and my FD for GC games.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you don't need a big drive, a small USB2.0 HDD is good (250 or 320GB).
some Western Digital Element 1TB USB3.0 have detection issues.
I don't remember which drives other users are using or are recommending.

Reactions: Ashiarella

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I have 3 usb2.0 portable HDD: 1 is hitachi and 2 are buffalo. The physical HDD inside are Hitachi WD and Seagate (yes, same buffalo, two different HDD).
I have swap them all around and they all just work. So I would say it is more an enclosure thing rather than the physical HDDs themselves that have compatibility problems.

If someone owns both a compatible and non-compatible portable HDD and feels adventurous, swap their enclosures and see what happen.

Reactions: Ashiarella and Cyan

Ashiarella

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. I'll look for a USB 2.0 HDD. Thank you guys soooo much for trying to help me out. I really appreciate it. :)

EDIT: Would a Bipra S2 2.5 Inch USB 2.0 NTFS External Hard Drive with 320 gigs be good to get? And is it necessary to get an enclosure for it?

EDIT2: I also have another question. On the WBM in the log, it always says that disc.info is outdated in the wbfs folder. What does this mean?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the enclosure is the device which convert the IDE/ATA or SATA to USB.
if the drive you want to buy is already USB2.0, then you don't need an enclosure. it's already a bundle enclosure+hdd. the enclosure is what you see, the metal box with the USB connector is not a hard drive but a shell which contain an hard drive inside.
Like Tswntk said, the compatibility is often an issue with the enclosure, not the drive. but it's not always easy to open the USB device to extract the hard drive and try another enclosure.

I suppose that model should work. you can't be sure before trying it, but usually USB2.0 are good.
It's also auto-powered from the usb port, so if you plan to plug it to a WiiU, you will need a Y-Cable for additional USB power.
Amazon is suggesting a Y-cable in its "usually sold together" section.

I don't know what the message in the WBM log means, sorry.

Reactions: Ashiarella

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay