Hacking Wii U won't read my HDD - but Wii does [Help]

DavionBlackwing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Swap the 2 plugs that go into the WiiU. Both Wii and vWii require the HDD to be connected to a SPECIFIC port. Wiiflow will see the games, but won't boot them, others (like USB Loader GX) won't even see those.

I have them in the plug of the back of the Wii U.

DavionBlackwing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It works perfectly now, thank you! Just to finish. How can I connect Nintendont to USB GX Loader? I mean, in the Loader Settings, there's no "Gamecube Mode" option for me. The games appear though, but can only be played through SD with GX Loader..

I also need to know how to play Gamecube games in Nintendont through Wiimote. I know it's possible, and I have updated Nintendont to the last build, but either the option is there or I don't know how to trigger, can you help? And I promise this will be the last (but it's not the most necesary so you can skip it if you wish).. what's the best way, to get the best of quality of both Wii and Gamecube? The signal at the end is still 1080i, in both ends, but still, just I'd like to know so I can have the best settings possible, and I have to wonder what do I do when playing a NTSC game. I know it's playable anyway, the Wii U and the loader itself.. but I wonder.

Thanks, and I feel like I don't have anymore questions after this.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It works perfectly now, thank you! Just to finish. 1-How can I connect Nintendont to USB GX Loader? I mean, in the Loader Settings, there's no "Gamecube Mode" option for me. The games appear though, but can only be played through SD with GX Loader..

2-I also need to know how to play Gamecube games in Nintendont through Wiimote. I know it's possible, and I have updated Nintendont to the last build, but either the option is there or I don't know how to trigger, can you help?

3-And I promise this will be the last (but it's not the most necesary so you can skip it if you wish).. what's the best way, to get the best of quality of both Wii and Gamecube? The signal at the end is still 1080i, in both ends, but still, just I'd like to know so I can have the best settings possible, and I have to wonder what do I do when playing a NTSC game. I know it's playable anyway, the Wii U and the loader itself.. but I wonder.

Thanks, and I feel like I don't have anymore questions after this.
1-probably outadated usbloadergx version from when nintendont was sdcard only contact cyan or check his signature for the real latest usbloadergx files

2- solo wiimote has never worked, and i hope your wiimote is official becuase fakes/third partys dont work inside games on nintendont

wiimote will only work if its attached with nunchuck or classic controller/CCpro all you have to do is make sure native is set to off and click any button to activate the controller if the attachedment is there it will work.

3- vwii does a tiny upscalling to 1080p afaik you cant increat it any further.

DavionBlackwing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
1 - I have it updated, via the app's internal updating option.. but I supose it really doesn't, I'll check that out.

2 - I didn't know I have to add the Nunchak, and that doesn't bothers me, okay, thanks for telling me! I'll try it out. How do you get back to Nintendont, or the Homebrew when you're in a game, with the Wiimote and Nunchuk?

3 - I mean, in terms of setting the games, how should I put it? System Default, Game Default? Progressive? Force PAL50hz? PAL60? I mean, what's the best way to put for all of the games, period, and I wasn't planning to get it far from 1080p, I don't have interest in 2160p, I just want to know how to make the best of picture with GCN and Wii, through the settings. Someone else would just let the system and my TV automatically do it, but if there's options to make it better I wanna try. Also this one I could probably touch it myself, but.. how to force 4:3 on 16:9 with Nintendont?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
1 - I have it updated, via the app's internal updating option.. but I supose it really doesn't, I'll check that out.

2 - I didn't know I have to add the Nunchak, and that doesn't bothers me, okay, thanks for telling me! I'll try it out. How do you get back to Nintendont, or the Homebrew when you're in a game, with the Wiimote and Nunchuk?

3 - I mean, in terms of setting the games, how should I put it? System Default, Game Default? Progressive? Force PAL50hz? PAL60? I mean, what's the best way to put for all of the games, period, and I wasn't planning to get it far from 1080p, I don't have interest in 2160p, I just want to know how to make the best of picture with GCN and Wii, through the settings. Someone else would just let the system and my TV automatically do it, but if there's options to make it better I wanna try. Also this one I could probably touch it myself, but.. how to force 4:3 on 16:9 with Nintendont?

1-yeah i dont think it updates corectly.

2-nunchuck and wiimote are the worst possible controlls to nintendont be warned since it lacks buttons and some games might be unplayable since there is no way to cover all gc controller buttons, the wiimote+nunchuck have like 4 playsets to switch around but i dont remenber how but you are much better with a classic controller or a wiiu gc adapter and a gc controller or any hid controller using a wire like ps3 controller,ps4,several older hid controllers etc.

3- it depends if you use pal games then most of them are locked 576ii+50 hz you can force ntsc videomode and progressive but manny pal games will outright crash since they are very hardcoded and dont like being forced otherwise, if you plan on using ntsc isos manny have progressive from the get go and they are all 60 hz.
imo the best is using an ntsc iso if it lacks progressive use force progressive and slecet videomode to force ntsc.

DavionBlackwing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I do have a Gamecube controller, what I don't have is the adaptor, which is 20 euros and kinda now is annoying to spend on, but I eventually will, the Nunchak+wii controller mode is just to move around to test how the games fare with my Wii U, not for serious gaming, for now. I also have a PS4 controller, out of curiosity how do I get that on it? O.O And how do I reset with the WiiC+Nuchak mode, this will be important, and needed.

50% of the time I use PAL, but there's exceptions that I use NTSC for games that weren't released in PAL or for games that I want to play in English but I say I have a fair trade of both. So far it seems I should just let it in default and let the console and TV itself do the work, my TV and vWii already go 50hz when PAL and 60 when NTSC itself, so.. dunno.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I do have a Gamecube controller, what I don't have is the adaptor, which is 20 euros and kinda now is annoying to spend on, but I eventually will, the Nunchak+wii controller mode is just to move around to test how the games fare with my Wii U, not for serious gaming, for now. I also have a PS4 controller, out of curiosity how do I get that on it? O.O And how do I reset with the WiiC+Nuchak mode, this will be important, and needed.

50% of the time I use PAL, but there's exceptions that I use NTSC for games that weren't released in PAL or for games that I want to play in English but I say I have a fair trade of both. So far it seems I should just let it in default and let the console and TV itself do the work, my TV and vWii already go 50hz when PAL and 60 when NTSC itself, so.. dunno.
you exit back to the homebrew channel by pressing the home button, all gc games will fare exactly like they were on the gc no more no less maybe a tiny bit upscalled but thats it nintendont is an semi native app so we dont emulate the cpu or grpahics processor so everything is the same maybe some tiny changes here and there with wii faster clock speed on loading screens.

the only setting you really need on wiiu is turn mcemu to on since you need a memory card to save and if you want stretch screen select wiiu widescreen if you wat the real 4:3 dont select it.

you can use your ps4 controller all you have to do is use the usbcable all the time inserted into any wiiu usb port and just press the ps button while on nintendont menu or ingame remenber it needs to be wired at all times no wireless for ps4 controller.

DavionBlackwing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Okay. Now I need to install USBLoaderGX and Nintendont as channels. What's the most reliable way to do it (I have a spanish old WAD Manager that I used for the Wii so I'm prolly gonna have to look for an updated, better more reliable one).

I guess I don't need to look for a specific vWii version of USBLoaderGX, or do I?

Last edited by DavionBlackwing,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Okay. Now I need to install USBLoaderGX and Nintendont as channels. What's the most reliable way to do it (I have a spanish old WAD Manager that I used for the Wii so I'm prolly gonna have to look for an updated, better more reliable one).
i advice on you to not install nintendont as a channel becuase then it would blackscreen on exiting, even some usbloader gx fowarders make nintendont unable to exit, wad managers work the same just make sure you use vwii fowarders since the wii ones wont work, but like i said depending on the fowarders nintendont might blackscreen on exit.

DavionBlackwing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
i advice on you to not install nintendont as a channel becuase then it would blackscreen on exiting, even some usbloader gx fowarders make nintendont unable to exit, wad managers work the same just make sure you use vwii fowarders since the wii ones wont work, but like i said depending on the fowarders nintendont might blackscreen on exit.

I'm just saying because going everytime to the Homebrew channel and then any forward everytime you put the vWii can be a bit of a pain.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That reminds me, I actually have installed USB Loader GX in my Black Wii and indeed, I recall Nintendont blackscreening everytime I exit it.

I guess in that case just to be safer I won't install neither of the two, but seriously for convenience's sake would be really great..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.