Hardware Wii U WiFi suddenly can't connect to router

MrMcKeigue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the aforementioned problem where I could see the Wifi networks and their level of connection but I could not establish a link with the router.

I can affirm that the CMOS battery removal worked for me. I honestly wasn't expecting it to. Thank you very much.

Reactions: MaitreLLD

MaitreLLD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Same here, USB hdd was the cause. Probably magnetic interference. Also caused slowdowns.

I had the aforementioned problem where I could see the Wifi networks and their level of connection but I could not establish a link with the router.

I can affirm that the CMOS battery removal worked for me. I honestly wasn't expecting it to. Thank you very much.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This usually happens when I'm using the web browser for some reason. After a quick reboot it works again. Is no secret that the wifi chip sucks in wii u, I mean 2012 and they used 2.4GHZ B/G/N wifi, instead of a 5GHZ AC wifi. I'm glad they did use a AC chip in the switch. :glare:

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

I want to say thank you to the Original Poster @jamesalfred for this Thread.
I found many Tipps and Advises for this Issue but only here on GBAtemp the Solution for my Internet Issue in the last Days.

I did not noticed it because I did not use the eShop the last 2 Weeks.And today I have read this Thread/Post from @Gabberhead
https://gbatemp.net/threads/cbhc-v1-6-coldboot-haxchi-cfw.452615/page-97#post-8932926

And I wonder,why this Red X is seemingly disappeared on my Wii U.
And then I found out why.The Internet/WiFi Connection is no longer working.

As I said,I read many,many Threads about this suddenly Issue.....
And then I came here into this one and stumbled over this Line:

OTHER POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS:

- Remove any USB devices.

About 2 Weeks ago I "installed" the SSD into a new Case.
And thats it,unplugged the HDD and all worked again.:D

Thank you to

@jamesalfred
and
@Gabberhead

:)

P.S. I do not think in this Case,it is a Necrobump,my Friends.:)

carlosray01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello all,

As in the title, my Wii U suddenly cannot connect to my router, or any routers (hotspot, virtual wifi router, etc). It can see the wifi routers, but somehow it always failed when trying to connect to the router. Mind you, I do not have this problem before. This happens just this morning, when I'm trying to update my Wii U to the latest version. It suddenly disconnected while downloading, and then it didn't want to connect to it anymore. My other devices works fine with my router.

I looked around the internet, many people had the same problems. But theirs can be fixed by manually configuring the connections (static ip, dns, etc). Mine doesn't. I found several people with the exact same problem with mine. Weirdly though, they said their units eventually reconnected to the router by itself the next day. Now mine just happened today. I don't know about tomorrow.... I tried to advance the date, no dice.

Anybody has the same problem and how to fix it? Thanks.

Btw, I'm on system 5.2 right now. It is updated from my copy of SSB.

FIXED!!!

This what works for me:
1. Turn off and unplug your Wii U
2. Check on the right side of your Wii U, there should be a door with a small screw. Open it.
3. Remove the door alongside with the battery.
4. Let it sit for about 15 minutes.
5. Put back the door with the battery.
6. Plug your Wii U and turn it on. Then hope for the best :creep:

Still confused? Here's the teardown guide for the battery: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo+Wii+U+Console+Battery+Replacement/12589

What you just removed is the CMOS battery. In PC and Laptops, that battery is used to keep to "power" your BIOS even though it's been completely turned off. This battery is mainly used to keep the BIOS settings intact, such as date, time, boot sequence, etc. If the CMOS battery ran out, the BIOS will be reverted to default value. In my case, this somehow fixed my WiFi problem.

OTHER POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS:

- Manually configure your Wii U's WiFi configuration (There's too many guides for this already. I won't post it here)

- Unplug your Wii U, let it sit overnight.

- Remove any USB devices.

- Change the channel for your wifi router. Reported working channels are 1, 6 and 11.
this worked for me but i only did 1 min..

BigBankBailey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.:)

I want to say thank you to the Original Poster @jamesalfred for this Thread.
I found many Tipps and Advises for this Issue but only here on GBAtemp the Solution for my Internet Issue in the last Days.

I did not noticed it because I did not use the eShop the last 2 Weeks.And today I have read this Thread/Post from @Gabberhead
https://gbatemp.net/threads/cbhc-v1-6-coldboot-haxchi-cfw.452615/page-97#post-8932926

And I wonder,why this Red X is seemingly disappeared on my Wii U.
And then I found out why.The Internet/WiFi Connection is no longer working.

As I said,I read many,many Threads about this suddenly Issue.....
And then I came here into this one and stumbled over this Line:

About 2 Weeks ago I "installed" the SSD into a new Case.
And thats it,unplugged the HDD and all worked again.:D

Thank you to

@jamesalfred
and
@Gabberhead

:)

P.S. I do not think in this Case,it is a Necrobump,my Friends.:)
Yes thank you everyone my problem was I was using my ssd from my PS4 and I didn't remove it from the metal housing that makes it fit inside the PS4 because I been busy and then almost gave up until I found this thread. I removed the USB drive and it worked my wifi is working again. Now I removed the metal jacket and plugged it into the front to download with nusspli thank you again everyone helpful tips!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the...