GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
open the title.tik in an hexeditor.
the title key 0x10 bytes long (16 bytes in decimal), located at 0x1BF

titleID is 8 bytes long, located at 0x1DC, in case you need the titleID to forge the fake key.

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not wanting to share the keys, but how do i extract them from the ticket?

It's AES encrypted from 0x01BF-0x01CE. It's 10 characters.

EDIT: :ninja:

open the title.tik in an hexeditor.
the title key 0x10 bytes long (16 bytes in decimal), located at 0x1BF

titleID is 8 bytes long, located at 0x1DC, in case you need the titleID to forge the fake key.

I was reading about the titlekey on wiibrew. Do you need to decrypt it for it to be usable?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think the console decrypt it on the fly.
the console is used to find encrypted titlekeys inside tickets. decrypting it will not be useful on the console side, it's useful for tools like JNUSTool or Cdecrypt, but they are decrypting the encrypted key with the common key themselves.

Reactions: x65943

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks. I assume since it's paywalled as "DLC" per sport that must be why.

With rednand you should be able to install each DLC with forged tickets, but someone would have to dump their DLC first so that we can get the title key and ID.

apt4893

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With rednand you should be able to install each DLC with forged tickets, but someone would have to dump their DLC first so that we can get the title key and ID.

Yeah I'm reading up on the new method (rednand). I don't have a 64GB SD Card so I might hold off for a bit until it stabilizes (like this method I only tried on the weekend).

Raikkonen94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does anyone have some external hard drive recommendations for me? I'm looking for one now this USB method is available. I currently use a microSD card (128 GB) with a USB adapter but I read almost everywhere that it is not suggested to use additional storage without separate power supply. I don't know what the experiences of people around here are and which kind of hard drives you're using? Thanks anyway!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have some external hard drive recommendations for me? I'm looking for one now this USB method is available. I currently use a microSD card (128 GB) with a USB adapter but I read almost everywhere that it is not suggested to use additional storage without separate power supply. I don't know what the experiences of people around here are and which kind of hard drives you're using? Thanks anyway!

Using a 500 GB western digital MyPassport from 2011, still runs perfectly :P

Reactions: Classicgamer

tomazzzi

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Anyone knows a way to backup USB installed titles infos before unlinking sysnand and rednand to avoid complete reinstall of games.

Thx !

Yeloazndevil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another question regarding the WiiU HDD power. When the WiiU is off, does it completely cut power to the external HDD? Do the USB's completely power down? I know on the Xbone, even when you do a complete FULL off, the stupid USBs keep the 2.5" hdd's spinning.. wondering if the wiiU full power down is a FULL power down

Thanks!
I have my usb hdd connected with external power and it fully turns off when I turn off my wii u

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Folks

if you know about some good guide for that redNAND process please share the link here.
I still don`t get it
redNAND isn't the end all of the Wii U hacks... at this point the only advantage is being able to get free DLC and eShop games (arr ye matey...)

That said, redNAND is still a risky thing to install especially if you don't understand it...

For installing backup copies of disc games to your hard drive you can just use the Brazilian method, that installs them just like they were official and requires no permanent hacks

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
redNAND isn't the end all of the Wii U hacks... at this point the only advantage is being able to get free DLC and eShop games (arr ye matey...)

That said, redNAND is still a risky thing to install especially if you don't understand it...

For installing backup copies of disc games to your hard drive you can just use the Brazilian method, that installs them just like they were official and requires no permanent hacks

It's nice to have if that's their thing, but the process in which to set up, compile the scripts and FW image, dumping RedNAND, etc is risky like you said; only those who wish to risk a brick dare attempt it, and with rumors of the Wii U ceasing production soon, well, heh.

Reactions: Vendo232

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
why do only a few games install but the rest dont.
probably the files you downloaded are not good or incomplete.

if you know about some good guide for that redNAND process please share the link here.
I still don`t get it
It's still FOR DEVS, not for end users. that's probably why it's not easy.
wait few days until it becomes more easy for end users. There's currently no easy way, except downloading illegal file on illegal ISO sharing website, but you take the risk to brick because you used random firmware files.

if you really want to do it, you will need to compile a project by installing few programs and run few command lines and find some info by yourself too.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-load-a-fw-img-for-any-file-dumping-wiiubru-status-update.445840/ (but you probably saw it, that's why you want something easier)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/a-complete-rednand-guide.446878/ (redNAND, but aimed at installing illegal SDK files)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-setup-rednand-w-sigpatches.446818/ (another guide, with the first step being "compile this, if you don't know how, it's not for you")

Anyone knows a way to backup USB installed titles infos before unlinking sysnand and rednand to avoid complete reinstall of games.
There's no way. The "unlinking" is done by formating the real NAND.
formating it is deleting ALL information and generating a NEW unique console key for all installed titles (rendering your old titles useless). That's the purpose of unlinking, not using the same console ID.

it would be easier if we could format the redNAND, but it's actually bricking it. so the solution is to format sysNAND instead. but you lose all your data..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also as of today i've been on nofap for 3 months
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    so uh, yay me for breaking an addiction that many suffer from like that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe the spinach was just a metaphor. Maybe it was really meth or crack.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spinach gave him a tumor
  • BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie:
    Plasturion is working on uncensoring imagine makeup artist!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Then we will recensor it...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't want to see that shit
    +1
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Since when are bunnies pink? :ninja:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The ones you are hallucinating, or...?
    +2
  • ModernSithLord @ ModernSithLord:
    Why is someone spamming call girls in the user submitted news
    really odd
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Maybe they got alot of girls they want to call
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    yeah i just made a post about it
    looks like they are all gone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for the update what's tomorrow's weather going to be like
    lol really?
    im not a weatherman lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm a watermelon
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    remember how i said i've been on nofap for 3 months? uhhh i'm not so sure anymore
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i was scratching my leg on my bed bc it was itchy, and that somehow made me cum
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    so did i break my streak, or was it just premature ejaculation since i was just scratching my itch on my bed?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: so did i break my streak, or was it just premature ejaculation since i was just scratching my...