Hacking Wii U System Update 5.3.1E/U

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there actually a Smash hack actively being worked on? I haven't heard anything about it. And regardless, a purely ROP-based exploit will probably be very difficult to turn into a kernel or IOSU exploit.

I know that TeamScriptKiddies was at least going to work on it; I dont know if anything came of it though

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Pretty much, it's their own euphemism of saying "we patched your haxxors trololololol" XD

I'm honestly confused at how often this is thrown around here. Even if there was an exploit being used that only allowed you to move the disc dirve, fixing and patching it would literally be patching the firmware and improving stability since it's fixing what was once broken.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm honestly confused at how often this is thrown around here. Even if there was an exploit being used that only allowed you to move the disc dirve, fixing and patching it would literally be patching the firmware and improving stability since it's fixing what was once broken.

Well, I personally couldn't give a damn about firmware updates, I haven't had my Wii U lock in in a very long time. I just, couldn't care less.

BrutealMarcus

Trophies
XP
Country

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correctme if im wrong but thats only about the wii u exploit?
I want to install homebrew channel in vwii mode, but i dont have any of the games needed, therefore i wonder if bathaxx is still working because thats the cheapest game in my region. Or if its possible to install homebrew channel at all on 5.3.1E.

First question in the FAQ, two links. It's possible on ALL versions (homebrew channel, dunno about bathaxx specifically)

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
TSK WAS planning something, but it may be a different attack vector. In any case, remember that MN1 is not the only person who can work on an exploit nor should he have to be in the loop about everyone else. No offense.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TSK WAS planning something, but it may be a different attack vector. In any case, remember that MN1 is not the only person who can work on an exploit nor should he have to be in the loop about everyone else. No offense.

None taken (I assume that you were replying to my post). I wrote it with the assumption that he wasn't in the know about TSKs attempts, and was relaying information I had read elsewhere :P as for multiple people working on an exploit, I'm glad multiple people are taking a stab at it. Multiple perspectives was never and will never be a bad thing :P

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
None taken (I assume that you were replying to my post). I wrote it with the assumption that he wasn't in the know about TSKs attempts, and was relaying information I had read elsewhere :P as for multiple people working on an exploit, I'm glad multiple people are taking a stab at it. Multiple perspectives was never and will never be a bad thing :P

Absolutely, and the no offense was for MN1, since I'm saying he's not the center of all Wii U exploits. Multiple people making multiple exploits s great, now if only the ones that are completed could be released...

firesyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I just recently got a WiiU and got tricked by nintendo to update my system, like youtube, nintendo sport, miiverse and all that stuff. Feeling dumb after I found out exploits only go to 5.3.1 when mine is at 5.3.2. now :glare:. Also theres so much talk of scene release now, but I was used to downloading wbfs and have no idea what scene release is. Can anyone point me towards the right direction? gotta get them games :P

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi I just recently got a WiiU and got tricked by nintendo to update my system, like youtube, nintendo sport, miiverse and all that stuff. Feeling dumb after I found out exploits only go to 5.3.1 when mine is at 5.3.2. now :glare:. Also theres so much talk of scene release now, but I was used to downloading wbfs and have no idea what scene release is. Can anyone point me towards the right direction? gotta get them games :P

There is no way to pirate WiiU games and there won't be any for a good while. You're not really missing out on anything except potential hacks that may appear in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Is Janet Jackson alive?