DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
Only 1080p? Watch as the next Xbox and PS will have 2160p.
wink.gif

And Nintendo is still being coy on the controller resolution eh?

ha how about 4K? LOL. I wonder when microsoft will release their system. I think Nintendo need to revamp their online strategy as well, gimmicks don't matter.

Framework43

I'm International
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How come Microsoft doesn't join the handheld gaming market?
I would love something to RRoD in my hands ~
biggrin.gif

Edit:
Is that control even going to be that comfortable to use? o.0

D

Deleted-220713

I want to know whether there'll be any improved touch screen controllers made for this.
I want proper analog sticks! DAMNIT! :angryfacebookemotethatlooksconstipated:

dangerboy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wish they were calling it WiiDS. then they would have 3DS and WiiDS.

but it would suck if a kid was asking his parents to get him a WiiDS for christmas in 2013 and his parents were n00bs so they got him a old wii + ds. bahahahahahaha!

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
DiscostewSM said:
Bladexdsl said:
Framework43 said:
no it won't hopefully they re-design the damn thing

You were there to try it out?

It's a giant rectangle bigger than (hopefully) any pair of normal human hands. How could it be comfortable?

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
DiscostewSM said:
Bladexdsl said:
Framework43 said:

It's a giant rectangle bigger than (hopefully) any pair of normal human hands. How could it be comfortable?
I love the mindset of people needing to ridicule a product they haven't even used or know little about. Only problem I see will be the price if it's not cheap (the only problem because I haven't used it yet).

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Seraph said:
Nathan Drake said:
DiscostewSM said:
Bladexdsl said:
Framework43 said:

I love the mindset of people needing to ridicule a product they haven't even used or know little about. Only problem I see will be the price if it's not cheap (the only problem because I haven't used it yet).

This isn't something you need to hold to see that it won't feel right. Go hold a picture frame kinda tightly like you would a controller for an hour or so. There ya go, you'll have an excellent idea of how it will feel. The Wii remote idea was reasonable, even from the get go (I actually thought it was pretty cool upon unveiling). Handheld, good size, easy to control with one hand, or both with a light, simple attachment. This looks like they built a controller around a tablet.

A controller with half of that also goes for about $50. I'll hate to see how much those sell for. It may be a costly mistake to break one.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hands on impressions say the controller feels really comfortable. And you know, they've actually used it. So I'm not worried in the slightest.

From what I've seen, I really like it. I can't wait until we get more information about it.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Windaga said:
Hands on impressions say the controller feels really comfortable. And you know, they've actually used it. So I'm not worried in the slightest.

From what I've seen, I really like it. I can't wait until we get more information about it.

I'm still never going to be a fan. It's a poorly shaped, rather hideous controller. I can't get past that it looks like it was built around a tablet, and will likely cost between $75 and $100 per controller.

I feel like Nintendo dun goof'd.

D

Deleted-220713

Everyone that has used it so far has stated that it feels very comfortable to hold.
Nintendo's done a good job IMO.
smile.gif

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
Windaga said:

I'm still never going to be a fan. It's a poorly shaped, rather hideous controller. I can't get past that it looks like it was built around a tablet, and will likely cost between $75 and $100 per controller.

Then don't be. I wasn't a fan of the n64 controller, as it was poorly shaped and a rather hideous controller. But in the end, it worked, and it got the job done.

It looks fine to me. I'll wait for hands on time to say if it definitively, but I do like everything about it thus far, save the analog sticks. I like the circle pad on the 3DS, and it's an acceptable swap out for an extended analog stick. I'd like to see extended analog sticks on this controller. It doesn't have to fold in on itself, so I don't see the reasoning behind it. But again, it'll be something I need to try for myself.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nathan Drake said:
Windaga said:

Why do you care about the look?
When I last checked, the world judged controllers by their comfort..
and reviews say they're extremely comfortable to use!
biggrin.gif

As for the price, I'm pretty sure the WiiU comes with a controller, and Wiimotes can also be used if you're not satisfied.
NOW, why would you complain?
tongue.gif

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
DiscostewSM said:
Bladexdsl said:
Framework43 said:

was you?
try holding an ipad (i know you have one) like you would the controller for a long time and you'll get the idea.
tongue.gif

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
DiscostewSM said:
The DS was in a similar situation, in terms of comfort and usability, as well as the Wiimote. Both turned out fine in the end.

As much as I loved my original DS, it did need the shape redesign that came with the lite and DSi really badly.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
DiscostewSM said:
Bladexdsl said:
Framework43 said:

was you?
try holding an ipad (i know you have one) like you would the controller for a long time and you'll get the idea.
tongue.gif

If an iPad is uncomfortable to hold that way, yet reviewers are saying that it is comfortable, then it must not be much like holding an iPad, is it? I wasn't there to try it, but I never made a claim that it was or wasn't comfortable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ow 100hp hit out a billion