lolorlofl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

The wireless modules came in. I replaced the WINA2 module and tried to rebuild the NAND, but it got stuck on the "alive...opening" loop again.
Looked like it got a little further but I'm not sure. I will replace all the other modules and try again.
Post automatically merged:

uhh after swapping all the wireless modules and trying it again, i'm getting this error. I did not change anything on the SD card

ancast: no patch file `ios.patch`, stubbing...
ISFS: Unknown mode! (3)
ancast: failed to open slc:/sys/title/00050010/1000400a/code/fw.img (5).
Failed to load IOS with patches!
Press POWER/Q to continue.

Last edited by lolorlofl,

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

The wireless modules came in. I replaced the WINA2 module and tried to rebuild the NAND, but it got stuck on the "alive...opening" loop again.
Looked like it got a little further but I'm not sure. I will replace all the other modules and try again.

uhh after swapping all the wireless modules and trying it again, i'm getting this error. I did not change anything on the SD card

ancast: no patch file `ios.patch`, stubbing...
ISFS: Unknown mode! (3)
ancast: failed to open slc:/sys/title/00050010/1000400a/code/fw.img (5).
Failed to load IOS with patches!
Press POWER/Q to continue.

You will get the second error when the otp.bin file is incorrect or missing. Maybe attempt to redump it with prshHax. Maybe also attempt a wafel_destroy before you attempt another install and copy only 10 or so files at a time to the SD card to install per boot. This is what I had to do after swapping the card. I don't really know why but it did work eventually. Is it possible the connector for the wireless card on the motherboard may have gotten damaged?

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Try again, this shouldn't have anything to do with the wireless modules. If retying doesn't help, either you somehow lost or corrupted your otp.bin or there is a problem with the SLC.

lolorlofl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
What could have happened to the SLC? Should I restore my slcraw dump to recover it?

EDIT: I think I realized what I did. I think I accidentally selected the Hardware Reset option while trying to turn it off. Could that be the issue?

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't think that could cause this problem.

Oh maybe if you tried to install the os v10 title and it crashed while doing so or you turned it off, maybe that corrupted the fw.img.
You could try to load the os v 10 fw.img renamed as ios_orig.img from SD and see what happens

lolorlofl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think that could cause this problem.

Oh maybe if you tried to install the os v10 title and it crashed while doing so or you turned it off, maybe that corrupted the fw.img.
You could try to load the os v 10 fw.img renamed as ios_orig.img from SD and see what happens
I remember there was a red+orange LED from the console, I think it was solid. I don't recall how this happened, but I turned it off when it was in this stage. I think that has something to do with it, that's why I think restoring my SLCRAW could help. I definitely kinda messed up at some point.

With that said, which one is the OSv10 folder?

lolorlofl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I thought that's what I was trying to do, then it started giving me the SLC error. I don't have an MLC yet, I'm trying to set it up on the NAND-AID.
I'm very confused as to what I'm supposed to do now lol

lolorlofl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
No sorry it was the destroy plugin :wacko:

This looks like the most progress it's ever made. I believe @fringle was right about installing 10 at a time.

EDIT: something interesting in the logs came up while I left it running. Haven't seen this message before
opening /dev/net/ifmgr/ncl...
alive
00:05:24:908: BT: WPAD registration took >5 minutes -- disconnecting all Wiiremotes
alive

EDIT2: I'm just going to keep editing this post to document the logs of each set of titles it installs
2nd run:
3rd run:

Final setup log, says MLC setup finished with errors. The only SLC title installed was 0005001010004000. Should I try to boot the console or install the other SLC titles first?

Last edited by lolorlofl,

lolorlofl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Sorry, installed the correct SLC title now. I was getting the SLC error when selecting the Patch and boot IOS option, so I couldn't even install the titles. Not sure what exactly resolved the SLC error. But I've installed most of the titles now. Should I install the rest of the SLC titles or attempt a boot?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.