Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The whole purpose of the thread was to attract people who can contribute to the Wii U hacking and discuss the progress, locking the thread will just defeat that purpose ^^
if i had the ability to contribute to the scene and i saw this thread, i'd turn and run, frankly.

only a month into my C training. i'm eager to get started, but a month is nowhere near enough experience to tackle some of this stuff. i've practically memorized the libwiiu readme lol

Last edited by frogboy,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Develop savegame exploits by fuzzing savegame data and debugging crashes with kernel exploit.
2) Develop new kernel exploit by reversing kernel syscalls to find vulnerabilities (this is how Comex found the OSDriver race condition).
3) Develop IOSU exploit by fuzzing ioctls for device drivers to look for crashes. IOSU runs on ARM9 which doesn't have support for NX bit, which makes blind exploitation ALOT easier since you don't have to have an information disclosure in order to find ROP gadgets.

Other productive things to do:
1) RE and document RPLs on WiiUBrew (Super easy because symbols are intact for dynamic linking).
2) Work on libwiiu by adding examples of how to use said RPLs (Sound would be interesting).
3) Get working elf/rpx loader for homebrew.
4) Help exjam with his emulator.

I...actually agree with this, I can help with RPL/RPX stuff for sure and I've an extra SD card I don't use lying around.
May I ask who exjam is, and what emulator is he working on, if I might ask?

Reactions: Margen67

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never said I wasn't releasing any more hacks lmao
I don't put that much time into making tools, but if people want them, I'll most likely send whoever asks me them, most of them are unfinished anyways, only really for me to get the job done when I'm working towards a goal. Only thing substantial is a rewrite of pyGecko, and I'm too unmotivated to try to mess with Git to make a separate branch for the GUI.
Also, as I've said before, the exploits aren't mine to release, and you got your official answer from the man himself. It's up to Matt and MN1.
The current 5.4.0 bug is just too broken to fix. At least by me.
If you want something, chances are you're gonna have to do it yourself, that's pretty much all I do nowadays anyways.
@the_randomizer https://github.com/exjam/wiiu-emu

Last edited by NWPlayer123,

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by BIFFTAZ,
Reactions: NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or you can mind your own fucking business on what happens outside the temp.
Don't like being called out, I see :^) What about all of the cross-posting from crediar about stuff like beating a Mario Maker level to beg for forgiveness lmao

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
People seriously? What the hell is going on here?
The thread title is "Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion" not "Let's be everything that's wrong with the gaming community".

Can we please just have an adult conversation about exploring and extending the Wii U? No?

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People seriously? What the hell is going on here?
The thread title is "Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion" not "Let's be everything that's wrong with the gaming community".

Can we please just have an adult conversation about exploring and extending the Wii U? No?
THE OP HAS SPOKEN!

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed

That's on the todo list too ;)

Wow, I have read that guys tweets before and just got enraged. And you have always defended fox boy and been patient. I still to this day don't understand why he gets a pass.

Also semi-wiiu related I was wondering if there are tools in place that extract 3DS games like DiscU for wiiU and find the part for corneria on 3ds and rename it and play it on wiiu via cafiine?

Reactions: Margen67

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
that guy has very big mental issues...

There are two type of people in the world, consumers and producers. When a consumer is a glutton and has consumed everything without tasting it, they stand back and demand more food, while never properly understanding how long it took to produce the thing.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also semi-wiiu related I was wondering if there are tools in place that extract 3DS games like DiscU for wiiU and find the part for corneria on 3ds and rename it and play it on wiiu via cafiine?
I'm sure there are, I wouldn't know what they are though, only one I know of is a xorpad method. Keep in mind that Smash, minus update data and like character intro videos, is just two giant 2GB files for the entire game, you need to either do it manually in memory or hook into the code that they use to load from the archives (dantarion's still working on that, by the looks of it).
There are two type of people in the world, consumers and producers. When a consumer is a glutton and has consumed everything without tasting it, they stand back and demand more food, while never properly understanding how long it took to produce the thing.
To be fair, I've been doing a lot more consuming recently, too much stress. Patiently waiting for more content to come out and then planning accordingly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.