Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Bkool999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He probably doesn't, since we know how GBATemp reacts when we plan specific dates and they're not met.
Ok, that's what I figured. Thanks. :)
Yes, before the end of february, which is the shortest mounth of the year.
Lol, thanks. But I meant a little more specific, such as, for example, January 30th, or February 3rd, or something like that. Not that I was asking him to tell us if he knew. I was just curious if there was a target date specified.

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For god's sake, please stop saying this. It's absolutely misleading.
Alright how about phrasing it like this. He wants to release it between and now and the end of Febuary and he predicts that things will be done sometime before that but nothing is set in stone.

Honestly I thought the other post was clear cut if not missing a few details.

Reactions: codychaosx
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well Hykem said the exploit will be done before February, heck, it's probably already done. It's just a matter of the perfect time to actually release it, so it doesn't get patched.

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sometimes releasing hacks includes making a nice thread with delailed info and a q and a
believe me
ive been there

so whenever u see hykem online
and he is here for a while
he is probably working on the realese thread

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is, OSU checks permissions and signatures to ensure that an application has appropriate permissions to access a device and that it hasn't been tampered with. It doesn't launch games or apps. Thats done by launcher.elf through the ppc kernel. With IOSU, you can patch out the signature verification and modify the kernel without a kernel exploit but you still need to know where everything is located and you still need the kernel....sigh.
Sorry if I'm coming off as annoying. Definitely don't mean to be :P
So do you think something that installs full eshop games would be more likely to come before a backup loader?
You just mentioned signature patching and that's what came to my mind.
(similar to the 3ds scene. just in case the other stuff i said didnt make sense lol)

Last edited by codychaosx,

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if I'm coming off as annoying. Definitely don't mean to be :P
So do you think something that installs full eshop games would be more likely to come before a backup loader?
You just mentioned signature patching and that's what came to my mind.
(similar to the 3ds scene. just in case the other stuff i said didnt make sense lol)
I'm not really interested in either, but backup loader is already done through kernel so it should be the 1st thing that could come.

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Alright how about phrasing it like this. He wants to release it between and now and the end of Febuary and he predicts that things will be done sometime before that but nothing is set in stone.

Honestly I thought the other post was clear cut if not missing a few details.
Don't mind @Ziggyro, he's just one of those assholes that come and go. He should take a breath and take a look at it again, because he doesn't seem to understand most things going on right now. ;)

sometimes releasing hacks includes making a nice thread with delailed info and a q and a
believe me
ive been there

so whenever u see hykem online
and he is here for a while
he is probably working on the realese thread
Look, we don't need more info; we already know what's going on thanks to @zecoxao and @Marionumber1. If there is anything that's unclear or not mentioned, they will surely step in and explain the state of affairs. If not those guys, @Hykem will definitely step up to the plate and tell us everything we should know.

No Q&A needed, the exploit is nearly done, it only needs porting. What more should anyone know? Can't we back the fuck up for just one moment? So many questions from everyone, everyday, even after we're told it's almost done... I fail to understand why people can't accept informaton as it is... ugh.

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't mind @Ziggyro, he's just one of those assholes that come and go. He should take a breath and take a look at it again, because he doesn't seem to understand most things going on right now. ;)

Look, we don't need more info; we already know what's going on thanks to @zecoxao and @Marionumber1. If there is anything that's unclear or not mentioned, they will surely step in and explain the state of affairs. If not those guys, @Hykem will definitely step up to the plate and tell us everything we should know.

No Q&A needed, the exploit is nearly done, it only needs porting. What more should anyone know? Can't we back the fuck up for just one moment? So many questions from everyone, everyday, even after we're told it's almost done... I fail to understand why people can't accept informaton as it is... ugh.
wtf
u took my whole comment out of context
im basically saying the release will probably include a new thread made by him

Reactions: fiveighteen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/40XQ8L9wsCA?si=GzpPBaHQQLU0plt_ Neat