Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

oldsk00l

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Incredible... Simply amazing...
I just can't wrap my head around the behavior of people around here.
I've decided that this is no longer worth my time. I'm not releasing anything anymore and from this moment on, I quit the Wii U "scene".
Hope you're all happy. Goodbye.

Gotcha! Sorry, I just wanted to annoy everybody a little. I believe it's fair after being called everything around here. "Clown" and "king of vapourware" were top notch, congrats on the insults!
For all the others, rest assured, I'm not rage-quitting nor stopping anything. I ran into personal issues that kept me away from the internet, that's all. You'll still get your exploit as promised. I'm not wasting more time on the possible boot exploit as I've decided to chase that only after releasing what I have. I'm currently working on obfuscating it for which naehrwert gave me some "funky" ideas. It will take some time to implement, but my "vacations" have been extended up to the end of February.
To compensate for the delay, expect some nice things. Check my twitter feed in about 10 minutes to understand what I'm talking about.

Aaahahahah, you got me, dude :D :D

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh well, but did you read the hidden part in Hykems message (if not here it is: )

Omg he got me soooooo bad what a shame hahhahahahahahhaah LOL
Oh well, but did you read the hidden part in Hykems message (if not here it is: )
Gotcha! Sorry, I just wanted to annoy everybody a little. I believe it's fair after being called everything around here. "Clown" and "king of vapourware" were top notch, congrats on the insults!
For all the others, rest assured, I'm not rage-quitting nor stopping anything. I ran into personal issues that kept me away from the internet, that's all. You'll still get your exploit as promised. I'm not wasting more time on the possible boot exploit as I've decided to chase that only after releasing what I have. I'm currently working on obfuscating it for which naehrwert gave me some "funky" ideas. It will take some time to implement, but my "vacations" have been extended up to the end of February.
To compensate for the delay, expect some nice things. Check my twitter feed in about 10 minutes to understand what I'm talking about.

And in case you still think it's vapourware: https://twitter.com/hykemthedemon

Hykem

Trophies
XP
Country
In case you were afraid to deduce it from the screen I posted, yes, the hack works up to 5.5.1. However, I strongly recommend everyone to start blocking updates. That's why I announced I was working on IOSU in the first place, to raise awareness.
I reached IOSU in 5.5.1 using a different bug (another lame UAF in WebKit) than yellows8's, but the libstagefright one is much more reliable and it's already public. Which means that the release for 5.5.1 will be using yellows8's exploit while I keep the crappy one I used private.

Beware that Nintendo will likely push a big update to the Internet Browser anytime soon (I believe it's logical to deduce that), which will quite likely patch (properly) both the libstagefright bugs and other previously unpatched WebKit bugs (the one I mentioned included).

Marionumber1 also made a solid point about investigating userland bugs in areas not related to the browser (like Mii data, for example), which is something we will likely investigate soon.

Aside from all that, the exploit just needs obfuscation to be released. Like I stated before, the obfuscation layers will be complex which will take time to implement properly. If any delays follow, they will be strictly related to the obfuscation of the exploit.
Also, I mentioned that my "vacations" are extended to the end of February, but that doesn't mean the exploit will only be released by then. I'm guessing it will be done quite before that, but right now it's just a matter of getting it right so Nintendo won't patch it as soon as it comes out.

soniczx123

Trophies
XP
Country
In case you were afraid to deduce it from the screen I posted, yes, the hack works up to 5.5.1. However, I strongly recommend everyone to start blocking updates. That's why I announced I was working on IOSU in the first place, to raise awareness.
I reached IOSU in 5.5.1 using a different bug (another lame UAF in WebKit) than yellows8's, but the libstagefright one is much more reliable and it's already public. Which means that the release for 5.5.1 will be using yellows8's exploit while I keep the crappy one I used private.

Beware that Nintendo will likely push a big update to the Internet Browser anytime soon (I believe it's logical to deduce that), which will quite likely patch (properly) both the libstagefright bugs and other previously unpatched WebKit bugs (the one I mentioned included).

Marionumber1 also made a solid point about investigating userland bugs in areas not related to the browser (like Mii data, for example), which is something we will likely investigate soon.

Aside from all that, the exploit just needs obfuscation to be released. Like I stated before, the obfuscation layers will be complex which will take time to implement properly. If any delays follow, they will be strictly related to the obfuscation of the exploit.
Also, I mentioned that my "vacations" are extended to the end of February, but that doesn't mean the exploit will only be released by then. I'm guessing it will be done quite before that, but right now it's just a matter of getting it right so Nintendo won't patch it as soon as it comes out.

If there aren't any delays and everyone goes smoothly with the obfuscation process, release before February is a possibility?

barnhilltrckn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Awesome work Hykem. Can't wait to see it.

Pioneer2k7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

This means the bug u found in the Code was a good sign and we will get a boottime exploit. Is that right?
Just for clearance and other users stop questioning this.

(sry if that was already said, but there is much shit post in this thread)

Maybe OP could edit the first post.

zecoxao

Trophies
XP
Country
Right Hykem.Nintendo going to push a big WiiU update only to fix the internet browser.My Friend's bro is a Nintendo developer.my friend asked his bro about the hacking with internet browser.his bro said that Nintendo is going to fix Internet browser with next update so no one can hack wiiu with browser.....but I cant surly said that imy friend said true..
considering that the browser is the only usermode entrypoint we have atm, i don't think it's such a farfetched idea.

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Right Hykem.Nintendo going to push a big WiiU update only to fix the internet browser.My Friend's bro is a Nintendo developer.my friend asked his bro about the hacking with internet browser.his bro said that Nintendo is going to fix Internet browser with next update so no one can hack wiiu with browser.....but I cant surly said that imy friend said true..
Wow, nintendo knows about the browser exploit, didn't see that one commin XD

MalleMann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So there is no real relevant difference between 5.5.0 and 5.5.1, but hykem encourages blocking updates in case of a new one that patches the entry points. Or should 5.5.0 users not update at all yet because there is a difference? And yes I know of the common rule of thumb which states don't update ever, but if this one doesn't matter, would one be able to access the eshop for a few minutes at the cost of the 5.5.1 update and still have the same options as before.

Last edited by MalleMann,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game