Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Does anyone think that a homebrew channel will come to this?
no it was already stated that is a boot every time exploit like the 3ds so you have to use the bowser to run iosu exploit like the 3ds where you need to run ironhax and the likes, for installing a homebrew channel we needed way more acess to early boot codes.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no it was already stated that is a boot every time exploit like the 3ds so you have to use the bowser to run iosu exploit like the 3ds where you need to run ironhax and the likes, for installing a homebrew channel we needed way more acess to early boot codes.
That's what I meant. Will there be a channel that runs after you run the exploit to load Wii U homebrew.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's what I meant. Will there be a channel that runs after you run the exploit to load Wii U homebrew.
well loadiine in miimaker is already a channel with gui lol so yeah you can make a channel which shows your homebrew apps after trigering iosu exploit from the bowser certanly since we can already.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
But if IOSU is more than kernel, why couldn't we install a permanent channel?
doesnt work like that lol to install a permanent channel you need more than iosu, iosu has most restrictions unlocked but it cannot install a homebrew channel since that require boot keys which no one has for the wiiu.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I hope we get alternative launchers like the 3DS has. I wouldn't mind a exact port of the Homebrew Channel as a Launcher :P

If you mean the HBC from the Wii, that's unlikely, they never released the source code for it. If you mean the Homebrew Launcher from the 3DS, that would be more likely to happen, especially since the Gamepad has a touchscreen (but it'd require massive portions to be redone, since both graphics and homebrew loading work differently on the Wii U).

Reactions: BurningDesire

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you mean the HBC from the Wii, that's unlikely, they never released the source code for it. If you mean the Homebrew Launcher from the 3DS, that would be more likely to happen, especially since the Gamepad has a touchscreen (but it'd require massive portions to be redone, since both graphics and homebrew loading work differently on the Wii U).
I like the 3DS one. I think I'll fiddle around once it comes out. I have a idea on what I want from the game pad once we know how to use it.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes Dimok is preparing Loadiine to be like a "homebrew channel", and yes with IOSU you can install it like a channel in your menu, but unlike wii, (more like 3ds) you'll more likely need to launch the exploit each time to be in that "hacked state" of the Wii U every time you reboot it.

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks great, would be a suitable background for the Wii U Homebrew menus
I wanted the gamepad to be the focus of the homebrew launcher just as Nintendo wanted it to be the focus of games. The top is kinda bland though. If anyone has any ideas please don't be shy to speak up!

Reactions: AboodXD

ChronoX_

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I wanted the gamepad to be the focus of the homebrew launcher just as Nintendo wanted it to be the focus of games. The top is kinda bland though. If anyone has any ideas please don't be shy to speak up!

Are you actually going to be the one creating this or do you just want to show off your Paint skills? (or whatever it is called on OSX)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-