Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So the release is conditional? Well one thing that really needs to be done is generate buzz. Most people believe the wii u scene to be deader than the wii u sales. So the word need to get out I guess?

The concern of the devs is legitimate on the matter. if the exploit got released and there was no clear/plans of using it, it'll just get patched easily without a good use... and we as layman will end up having an exploit only accessible in a certain firmware version, not knowing what to do with it ^^'.
They said homebrew can be already started without having the exploit in hand.

I like the idea of spreading the word on youtube or any other social networks.
Can you guys tell us all the things we can do with the kernal exploit to attract people other than cheating and modding games ?
I believe things like modifying savegames and such can really bring more attention...

Vision62913

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IDK. I know possible mods like new tracks in Mario Kart 8, being an octoling in Splatoon. Heck, maybe something big but unlikely like Project M 2.

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i am not sure,but i think that is possible.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

litle alert,a update is aproaching.

Vision62913

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess personal customization of some stuff, I guess.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh wait, I'm thinking about mods. So what do you mean by savegames?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not just going to come out for reason, there has to be a logical demand for it. If I released the kernel exploit right now, I'd have no idea what people would do with it.

Then what may I ask is going to be released, if anything, to the public? Then what of region lock or firmware spoofing or emulators being ported and working? Personally, I think the kernel exploit has been a little too hyped in its impending release, which doesn't sound too..well...I don't know.

MrRean

WiiU Helper / Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure all of you want the kexploit really badly, and is it worth the 90% chance of it completely failing and being useless right now, that it's so desperately needed?

Hell, I'm not even a guy that's been asked for the kexploit and I'm even getting annoyed by all the "are you even going to release it" crapo because people literally have no idea how literally unstable the thing is.

So please.

Last edited by MrRean,

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then what may I ask is going to be released, if anything, to the public? Then what of region lock or firmware spoofing or emulators being ported and working? Personally, I think the kernel exploit has been a little too hyped in its impending release, which doesn't sound too..well...I don't know.

The exploit will be released in one of these cases :
- Good reason for it : meaning there's a big demand for it by the homebrew community -> a lot of people having very clear use/plans for it.
- If it's patched : if a new update comes out and patches it, MN1 will not keep it hidden.
- The devs are working on a spoofing/emuNAND solution. if that's done, they will release the exploit.

oumoumad explained it very well. Eventually, one of these things is bound to happen. It's all a matter of when.

soneek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One productive thing peope can do in the meantime is game file research if they wanna do mods. We can use all the help and documentation we can get. I'm almost finished with my rewrite of my BFSAR parser, and the offline IDSP (Sm4sh) and G1L (Hyrule Warriors) builder.

I've started getting modders from the Brawl scene involved with more Sm4sh file research, so hopefully that's enough to jump start more model research. Something I'm gonna try to help Dantarion with is adding more music, stage, and costume slots to the game.

May as well prepare yourself to do stuff if you have the free time, especially if there's a game you want to mod that no one is working on yet. I'm doing general music stuff for every game, so I can give anyone pointers regarding that. I just haven't messed with Wondeful 101 or Bayonetta's music format, since that's not the Nintendo standard. I can and will finish stuff up for Tropical Freeze and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate though, sooner if someone needs it.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One productive thing peope can do in the meantime is game file research if they wanna do mods. We can use all the help and documentation we can get. I'm almost finished with my rewrite of my BFSAR parser, and the offline IDSP (Sm4sh) and G1L (Hyrule Warriors) builder.

I've started getting modders from the Brawl scene involved with more Sm4sh file research, so hopefully that's enough to jump start more model research. Something I'm gonna try to help Dantarion with is adding more music, stage, and costume slots to the game.

May as well prepare yourself to do stuff if you have the free time, especially if there's a game you want to mod that no one is working on yet. I'm doing general music stuff for every game, so I can give anyone pointers regarding that. I just haven't messed with Wondeful 101 or Bayonetta's music format, since that's not the Nintendo standard. I can and will finish stuff up for Tropical Freeze and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate though, sooner if someone needs it.

The only notable hackable games I can think of are Sm4sh, which I have, along with the gamecube adapter, and I used to make model hacks for Brawl, along with BRSTM replacement hacks. The Wii U iteration uses BFSTM correct? I don't know how well my previous modding experience would carry over to the new Smash Bros, where I would look, but I know models exist on Model-resource for Hyrule Warriors...I don't know, I mean, maybe this will give me motivation to get back into the Smash modding as I haven't posted any new mod in months.

Personally I don't know if my skills (or lack thereof) would be of any use for the fine people at kc-mm.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tbh, Game hacking has always been a distant second for me, sure I'd like to see more Tracks added to Mario Kart or more Characters/Stages added to Smash but really I'm all for the Emulation possibilities. Snes, Gens, N64, Ps1 etc.. Hopefully Retroarch gets ported over to the WiiU soon so we can all enjoy past gems :)
Plus if Retroarch was to get ported to the WiiU maybe that could be the start the Homebrew scene for WiiU to finally blow up? ;P

EDIT:
http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3701

WiiU port's a possibility (hopefully)

Last edited by ploggy, , Reason: Wrong link Duh

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tbh, Game hacking has always been a distant second for me, sure I'd like to see more Tracks added to Mario Kart or more Characters/Stages added to Smash but really I'm all for the Emulation possibilities. Snes, Gens, N64, Ps1 etc.. Hopefully Retroarch gets ported over to the WiiU soon so we can all enjoy past gems :)
Plus if Retroarch was to get ported to the WiiU maybe that could be the start the Homebrew scene for WiiU to finally blow up? ;P

EDIT:
http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3701

WiiU port's a possibility (hopefully)

I agree, however, I don't find these results to be too encouraging, as people seem more interesting in game modding than porting better emulators. Of course, someone will argue, "Oh but people have enough emulators on the phones, tablets, PCs," but not everyone has every one of those devices. and the Wii emulators were decent and pretty good, but PSX and N64 on them sucked big time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*