Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

IbbyPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I created some python code that seems to be able to successfully store data in an unallocated position. Anyone can feel free to convert this to javascript's syntax and test it.

Code:
class MyClass():
    ba = bytearray(100)
    def __index__(self):
        self.ba = bytearray(8)
        return 1
    def run(self):
        self.ba[88] = self
        print self.ba[88]
test = MyClass()
test.run()
raw_input('Press enter or return to check for the value of ba[88]')

NOTE: I am basing "success" on the fact that my code should shorten the length of the bytearray and then store the data I give it, in this case 1, in an invalid address. There are no errors when running the program until it tries to access ba[88] after the list has been shortened and 1 had been stored in the invalid address.

Antonio Ricardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Matt is trying to figure out how to manually install game updates through the Wii U Menu

My question is: is possible through Kernel Exploit or need IOSU?
Because this will help to play online (games till 5.3.2) without update firmware and waiting patiently Emunand.

wj44

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Matt is trying to figure out how to manually install game updates through the Wii U Menu

My question is: is possible through Kernel Exploit or need IOSU?
Because this will help to play online (games till 5.3.2) without update firmware and waiting patiently Emunand.
There two solutions that don't need a IOSU exploit!
Boot game directly (bypass maybe the version check like the 3ds).
patch nim functions.

Reactions: Antonio Ricardo

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The exploit requires a network connection but does NOT require an internet connection.

Perhaps that's where I'm getting confused, though I wonder how that works without inadvertently allowing an update. I've been out of the loop and hope there will be a more consolidated tutorial on how to set it up.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could simply use a crossover cable from Wii U to PC, or you could configure your router into bridge mode rather than access point mode.

Neither options are feasible. My PC is on the 2nd floor and my Wii U is on the first, the second option isn't feasible either as we have tenants and a couple of PCs that rely on the router for WiFi. My PC however, is using a Power over Ethernet connection so when it comes down to it, I'm flat out SOL, never to be able to find a proper solution. So yeah, I'm effed :( Dammit all. I knew this would happen.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Neither options are feasible. My PC is on the 2nd floor and my Wii U is on the first, the second option isn't feasible either as we have tenants and a couple of PCs that rely on the router for WiFi. My PC however, is using a Power over Ethernet connection so when it comes down to it, I'm flat out SOL, never to be able to find a proper solution. So yeah, I'm effed :( Dammit all.
You can use Power over Ethernet to connect the Wii U directly to your PC. Your PC may be disconnected temporarily though.

Besides, what makes you so paranoid about router blocking? It's never failed on anyone, in fact I just set it up the other day and it works great.

deformyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@the_randomizer The network is used by the browser exploit because it's the only possibility: it doesn't have access to usb/sdcard so the exploit is loaded over a network. When the kernel exploit comes out it will probably allow for loading via usb though.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@the_randomizer The network is used by the browser exploit because it's the only possibility: it doesn't have access to usb/sdcard so the exploit is loaded over a network. When the kernel exploit comes out it will probably allow for loading via usb though.
I don't don't have a clue as to how I actually set it up as the instructions are not consolidated, that, and I don't want to go back a hundred pages or so to find where the instructions are. So, really, I doubt even that method is 100% fail proof. Bleh. I really do feel shit outta luck.

You can use Power over Ethernet to connect the Wii U directly to your PC. Your PC may be disconnected temporarily though.

I would need to find my Wii U's Ethernet adapter, I just moved back home and I don't know where everything is, but even if I did use POE with the Wii U, I don't know how to set it up in such a way to prevent inadvertent firmware updates. That's what worries me, and to be brutally honest, I wish the exploit didn't rely on anything internet or network-related at all, but...beggars can't be choosers and I fear the worst. I have bad luck with not preventing updates, how do I know I'll be safe from doing it? If I did accidentally update to 5.4.0, the chances of me being able to hack a Wii U are nearly zero. And no, I can't get a 2nd Wii U since I've no money.

Antonio Ricardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
patch nim functions.
patch nim functions.

Thank you! I asked this because i saw many people updating firmware to 5.4.0 to play Splatoon and Smash Bros. I know 5.4.0 will be hacked but will take more time.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
I would need to find my Wii U's Ethernet adapter, I just moved back home and I don't know where everything is, but even if I did use POE with the Wii U, I don't know how to set it up in such a way to prevent inadvertent firmware updates. That's what worries me, and to be brutally honest, I wish the exploit didn't rely on anything internet or network-related at all, but...beggars can't be choosers and I fear the worst. I have bad luck with not preventing updates, how do I know I'll be safe from doing it? If I did accidentally update to 5.4.0, the chances of me being able to hack a Wii U are nearly zero. And no, I can't get a 2nd Wii U since I've no money.
If your Wii U is connected straight to your PC, there is zero chance any kind of connection to the internet could be made. The diagram normally is: Wii U <- Router -> PC but with a crossover cable it is just Wii U <-> PC with no internet connection involved.

You just need to spend $10 on two crossover cables.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your Wii U is connected straight to your PC, there is zero chance any kind of connection to the internet could be made. The diagram normally is: Wii U <- Router -> PC but with a crossover cable it is just Wii U <-> PC with no internet connection involved.

Did you miss the part where I said that my Wii U is one floor and my PC is on the 2nd floor? How on earth would I be able to use a crossover cable when the two machines are several meters apart from each other? My set up is not a typical setting with my PC using a POE connection and having only one socket to use said connection.

I'm SOL, plain and simple.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Did you miss the part where I said that my Wii U is one floor and my PC is on the 2nd floor? How on earth would I be able to use a crossover cable when the two machines are several meters apart from each other? My set up is not a typical setting with my PC using a POE connection and having only one socket to use said connection.
I thought you said you used power over ethernet? Just use power over ethernet to connect your PC to your Wii U.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol