Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fix94 onboot sigpathes and region patchs with cbhc and every cfw out there what could they bring that can even remotely be better than onboot cfw sigpatches?

Better RedNAND implementation/use. FAT32 recognizable drives. There's plenty out there that can still be done that the community wishes to have.

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
, everything went to shit after people decided they could do everything themselves and smea releasing haxchi only made it worse :^)

People just got impatient. And it's been quite the wait. I was on 3.1.0 for a LONG time, then updated to 5.5.1 months ago when "the call" came from @WulfyStylez to do so, before Ninty released an update. The 'tinkerer' type (who more-or-less know what they are doing) would rather play around with bleeding-edge stuff they find on pastebin than wait for 'release-channel' stuff. Once they get their stuff done and put out their releases the 'daring' type (the same that install 'daylies') will follow suit. They'll strutt their stuff and by popular request create guides for everyone else. Then the floodgates are well open.

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
And of course Team Salt never released a thing. I bet it's because Mocha is way better and they are embarrassed that they've had a whole team working on stuff for six months or a year and they weren't able to produce something better than 1 guy in a month or so.
shinyquarsire23 released Woomïnstaller.

Last edited by DarkGabbz,

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Team Salt had the intention to release, you can't blame them for not doing so when there were already alternatives to their work and you have to admit that piracy is almost what moves this scene.

There isn't much to do with this almost dead console anyway, with switch realease on march. Just let this shit die and enjoy what you already have.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo, we've all been busy with school and/or taking care of our health, basically. Wii U stuff understandably is on the waaaay backburner due to this. Public releases happening made it easy for us to take a break, which we were all relieved to get.

In a few months/whenever I've got the time I may look into releasing some bits and pieces since we've still got heaps of functionality ppl haven't invented/implemented yet. e.g. public NAND dumping still dumps subtly corrupt dumps from what I hear. If we can clear up the licensing hell on our tool for that (it does a handful of other neat things too), that might be cool to release on its own.
There's some cool ios/ios-related functionality too (still no spoilers bcs surprise features are fun), and I don't think public CFWs do ios relaunch right either as of rn. redNAND shrinking is like 80% implemented but debugging it was such a pain in the butt that it's git stashed until i have the... energy to do it? That shit burned me directly the hell out tbh.
Also, I hear replacing /vol/sdcard with a fat32 usb disk is possible now? Or something along those lines? We have a distinctly different solution that's much less hacky that could be very useful to roll out, tho I wouldn't want to step on toes if the public solution becomes popular first.

Anyways sorry to keep yall waiting for that stuff, it just kinda fell off of our individual priorities since it... sorta really needed to. I hate leaving stuff unfinished/unused tho so I won't let that be the case forever.

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
Team Salt had the intention to release, you can't blame them for not doing so when there were already alternatives to their work and you have to admit that piracy is almost what moves this scene.

There isn't much to do with this almost dead console anyway, with switch realease on march. Just let this shit die and enjoy what you already have.
We already had piracy..people were simply excited to see what they have after being teased and burned so badly before, glad serious ppl like dimok & fix has step up to save the scene.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yo, we've all been busy with school and/or taking care of our health, basically. Wii U stuff understandably is on the waaaay backburner due to this. Public releases happening made it easy for us to take a break, which we were all relieved to get.

In a few months/whenever I've got the time I may look into releasing some bits and pieces since we've still got heaps of functionality ppl haven't invented/implemented yet. e.g. public NAND dumping still dumps subtly corrupt dumps from what I hear. If we can clear up the licensing hell on our tool for that (it does a handful of other neat things too), that might be cool to release on its own.
There's some cool ios/ios-related functionality too (still no spoilers bcs surprise features are fun), and I don't think public CFWs do ios relaunch right either as of rn. redNAND shrinking is like 80% implemented but debugging it was such a pain in the butt that it's git stashed until i have the... energy to do it? That shit burned me directly the hell out tbh.
Also, I hear replacing /vol/sdcard with a fat32 usb disk is possible now? Or something along those lines? We have a distinctly different solution that's much less hacky that could be very useful to roll out, tho I wouldn't want to step on toes if the public solution becomes popular first.

Anyways sorry to keep yall waiting for that stuff, it just kinda fell off of our individual priorities since it... sorta really needed to. I hate leaving stuff unfinished/unused tho so I won't let that be the case forever.
Relieved? Thing is, if your team has any intentions to help the scene, you could have released the exploit instead of letting them figure things out by themselves which made things take more time then expected.

JaceCearK1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Ghassen-ga
Calm down!
Bashing others when they have personal issues just because they have something that you want and (for now) don't get doesn't help anyone.
Be glad for what you got and stop harassing others! People have more important things in life than hacking the damn WiiU. (Having a life, for example! ;) )

Reactions: Maximilious

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
@Ghassen-ga
Calm down!
Bashing others when they have personal issues just because they have something that you want and (for now) don't get doesn't help anyone.
Be glad for what you got and stop harassing others! People have more important things in life than hacking the damn WiiU. (Having a life, for example! ;) )

I'm not bashing anyone dude.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Team Salt released Woomïnstaller.
That's not Team Salt, that's just @shinyquagsire23 independent of the rest of the team
<NWPlayer123> never really left for any other reason than it took up all my time tbh

Well.

Maybe you're just salty because you aren't the special person with the private exploits anymore?
pfft I never cared if they were private or not, I barely used it anyways except for tinkering and then the tinkering ran out so I left to try out 3DS

Reactions: Subtle Demise

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not Team Salt, that's just @shinyquagsire23 independent of the rest of the team

pfft I never cared if they were private or not, I barely used it anyways except for tinkering and then the tinkering ran out so I left to try out 3DS
<Nwplayer> I regularly use the private exploits because no one else can. Screw jerks that just use them for tinkering that;s totally lame I use them for other things

Ya okay buddy

edit:

<nwplayer) also you'll never catch me using a 3ds I wouldnt be caught dead with those stupid things

Last edited by TheZander,

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

We need one more important homebrew before letting the crap die.
Something like NTR Viewer that's for New 3DS, something like streaming the Wii U GamePad screen to PC so you don't need a capture card.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sig patched sysnand only? why? also the step you linked me is that how you aquire that? can you tell me why I can skip part 4 of the guide just asking because i'm cautious and don't want to break anything.
Sig patched sysnand will do pretty much everything rednand can without brick protection (which you don't need unless you plan on developing things)
The next part (step 5) will either have you setup sig patched coldboot or rednand coldboot. You want sig patched sysnand coldboot

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sig patched sysnand will do pretty much everything rednand can without brick protection (which you don't need unless you plan on developing things)
The next part (step 5) will either have you setup sig patched coldboot or rednand coldboot. You want sig patched sysnand coldboot

Is it worth doing both anyway you think? I mean i'd like brick protection but hopefully you're right about needing it unless something breaks...still am I able to do both?

One more question I never made my own starter pack I just downloaded the quick version off the guide is it all up to date? just wondering..

Also iv'e heard HBL 1.4 has been having issues(froze for me white screen) it said I could just use 1.3 for now. Is that recommended?

Last edited by kbf,

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it worth doing both anyway you think? I mean i'd like brick protection but hopefully you're right about needing it unless something breaks...still am I able to do both?
You can use both at once but it is point tbh. Either only use rednand or sig patched sysnand
One more question I never made my own starter pack I just downloaded the quick version off the guide is it all up to date? just wondering..
It should be.
Also iv'e heard HBL 1.4 has been having issues(froze for me white screen) it said I could just use 1.3 for now. Is that recommended?
Yes use 1.3 for now.

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok so i'm at the part where it says to install WUP installer but when I do I get an error code "0xFFFBF442"
"verify WUP files are correct and complete"

?

Ok I googled where to find the latest version but it says the account got suspended does anyone have a fresh link I can use? I found the link on here by the way.

Last edited by kbf,

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We need one more important homebrew before letting the crap die.
Something like NTR Viewer that's for New 3DS, something like streaming the Wii U GamePad screen to PC so you don't need a capture card.
This has been requested in the past and no one will make it. There is already a linux alternative to display your gamepad screen on it, but that's all what we will ever get.

I hope i could be proven wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello