Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

zecoxao

Trophies
XP
Country
iosu is already ready, webkit is already ready, but he needs another webkit vulnerabilty to read the memory of the wii u and thus obtain the necessary offsets for the kernel bridge. at least that's what he told me. now the thing is, the only exploit that is a good candidate for that is the vita exploit, however there are major differences when applying it on vita and on wii u.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iosu is already ready, webkit is already ready, but he needs another webkit vulnerabilty to read the memory of the wii u and thus obtain the necessary offsets for the kernel bridge. at least that's what he told me. now the thing is, the only exploit that is a good candidate for that is the vita exploit, however there are major differences when applying it on vita and on wii u.

Does he need access to a wiiu with slightly higher firmware for anything?

Reactions: Margen67

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah... Ill believe that when I see some proof :/

zecoxao

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes but that's a bit of code, not a fully functioning exploit :P

Hykem doesn't want drama with the person in which he was given the information. precisely because of that reason he posted a snippet of code that's particularly boring in here, but that it belongs to IOSU code, thus providing enough evidence and avoiding drama at the same time.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
not gonna lie but im in abit of disbelief after claims of how quickly things would pick up!! there was abit of hype made by certain people and now that hype has gone i struggle too have such strong faith. hope im completely wrong tho

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
not gonna lie but im in abit of disbelief after claims of how quickly things would pick up!! there was abit of hype made by certain people and now that hype has gone i struggle too have such strong faith. hope im completely wrong tho
same here tough, there was alot of talk and alot of progress and then it stopped for like 2 months so im guessing people lost time to work on stuff or hitted a roadblock.

Reactions: jammybudga777

ronopotomus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The key to the wait is to play your Nintendo Wii U.Buy the few games you want to play and enjoy the online features. When the exploit hit (and it will) enjoy the enhanced features and (for me) apps. I love a good hack but it's really not about a backup loader for me it's the homebrew. They will come. I can honestly say that my RGH Xbox has gotten less play since the backup loader than my legit console. The reason being is the online play. Just like every other console with a backup loader. It's nice to have a library of titles but how many of them do my son and I actually play? Not very many at all. Maybe 8? It's just not worth going offline for in my opinion.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's mostly been school/people being busy. Even when MN1 had a little bit of time to work, I was too busy finishing up the semester to help, and now that I'm done, he's too busy finishing up his year (not to mention lots of troubleshooting considering I cursed one version of our kernel exploit and it fails every time). However, we still wouldn't even be this far if I didn't have my 5.0.0 Wii U on hand. It's still sped things up quite a lot.

sonic1000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56043942/Programs/WiiUHackingTools/bflim-0.2.py
Only works with ^l files (RGBA32), try not to rename the original file, should work perfectly on every one. For NSMBU you'll need to comment out line 32(#assert uint8(data, -6) == 20) since for whatever reason they use different numbers.
This was mostly a test to see how they're put together, now that I have swizzle data, I can tear apart TexConv2 finally, and then once a script is made, we can add new formats as they're figured out.
EDIT: Combine it with TexHaxU
Is there a way to extract the other bflim files like ^t or ^q?

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what you guys have been doing/messing around with, can you tell if the Wii U's OS is based off of any pre-existing one? Or is it still 100% created by Nintendo?

Both Cafe OS and IOSU are most likely something custom by Nintendo. There's almost no resemblance between Cafe OS and Unix, and only superficial resemblance to Windows NT (Nintendo probably read Windows Internals before writing it). IOSU does expose a userspace interface sort of like Unix (/dev nodes, read(), write(), ioctl(), etc.), but internally it's clearly a custom microkernel. A (defunct?) company called BroadOn wrote the Wii IOS, but IOSU is pretty different, so Nintendo probably redid it from scratch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1