• Views 49,843
  • Replies 242
  • Likes 3

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
There's only one thing I don't like about this forum and that's all the official idiots, that are on here. To you official people, people pirate games fucking live with it. If you have a problem with it buy your fucking games and stop trying to force your ideas on to others, I don't care if you think it morally wrong, that's your problem.

Another thing illegal downloads are not 1:1, just because new super mario bros was downloaded 1,455,577 times does not mean nintendo lost 1,455,577 retail sales. Among that 1,455,577: were people who were never going to buy new super mario bros in the first place, people who could not afford to buy it, etc. Another example there's people out there who downloaded every DS game, these people would similar not have the money to buy every game on the DS, so it not a sale loss.
You in charge of reading comprehension
Go back to school, kid.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Given "Axis Title" and the JPEG artifacting I'm going to want source on that one. :P

But we know that piracy doesn't equal the money of "a lost sale" (I still find that term funny) anyways.
The source is actually Siliconera, I simply trimmed the PSP part since we were talking about the DS. The numbers come straight from Computer Entertainment Supplier’s Association, they're a rough estimate for the year 2010.

That, and my point was actually supporting what you said and showing that the "pirates" are in the great minority, moreover, they likely wouldn't buy the game in the first place were they unable to download it, so arguing that piracy = lost sales is pointless.
There's only one thing I don't like about this forum and that's all the official idiots, that are on here. To you official people, people pirate games fucking live with it. If you have a problem with it buy your fucking games and stop trying to force your ideas on to others, I don't care if you think it morally wrong, that's your problem.

Another thing illegal downloads are not 1:1, just because new super mario bros was downloaded 1,455,577 times does not mean nintendo lost 1,455,577 retail sales. Among that 1,455,577: were people who were never going to buy new super mario bros in the first place, people who could not afford to buy it, etc. Another example there's people out there who downloaded every DS game, these people would similar not have the money to buy every game on the DS, so it not a sale loss.
Your sarcasm detector needs some tweaking, son. That, and calling names really doesn't show how mature and smart you are - quite the opposite. I was supporting Rydian's claim, not contesting it.

Chaossaturn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your sarcasm detector needs some tweaking, son. That, and calling names really doesn't show how mature and smart you are - quite the opposite. I was supporting Rydian's claim, not contesting it.

I know you were, I was just quoting your post for the chart (I probably should of said).

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I know you were, I was just quoting your post for the chart (I probably should of said).
I see. Well, it certainly didn't look it, but that's fine. :P

My point was to help people picture how little "damage" pirates did to DS titles - Pokemon Platinum was actually at the top of the "Most Downloaded" list and we can see that it didn't even put a dent in global sales, it remained at the top until SoulSilver was released, with similar results.

...which is odd, since in the same time period, the PSP was in the exact opposite situation - downloads were much, much higher than sales... Not sure how that mechanism worked.

Reactions: 431unknown

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States

I just want to edit the games I buy and play them with modified characters or new levels in an offline environment. I love ROM hacking and fan translations and it just kills me that fan translators and entitled pirates like yourself have to work together for a common goal.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Given "Axis Title" and the JPEG artifacting I'm going to want source on that one. :P

But we know that piracy doesn't equal the money of "a lost sale" (I still find that term funny) anyways.

Gray area. And by that I mean that people such as myself and others see it as it is. But it also depends on the situation and whether or not the person played it fully and kept it or what. Too many variables.

Wanderlei777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4 pages in and people are still saying it not real, fail0verflow are not the kinds of people to troll, it is real. These kinds of people, there life is the internet and without there internet rep, there have no life.

We dont know what it is, it could be something very unimpressive, it could be from wii-mode, we dont know, it could be Marcan big noting himself again. Its just a picture to show off, so far.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fail0verflow is a trusted source since they did hacked the ps3 before. I will keep my eyes on this one.

I won't buy Wii U anytime soon since most 3rd party developers aren't supporting it just yet. That concerns me the most. Anyway, I will keep my eyes on it, though.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gray area. And by that I mean that people such as myself and others see it as it is. But it also depends on the situation and whether or not the person played it fully and kept it or what. Too many variables.
Not in the slightest bit grey. It doesn't matter if you see it that way; if you do, you are wrong. Plain and simple. Of course, some piracy is equivalent to lost sales (there are people who would buy the game if they couldn't pirate it). But a reasonable amount of piracy is people who wouldn't buy the game if they could, they just download and play games they otherwise wouldn't care about, or couldn't afford, or whatever their lame excuse is. None of that excuses piracy, it is still wrong. But it is completely incorrect to say that every download is equal to a lost sale.

Reactions: plasma dragon007

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not in the slightest bit grey. It doesn't matter if you see it that way; if you do, you are wrong. Plain and simple. Of course, some piracy is equivalent to lost sales (there are people who would buy the game if they couldn't pirate it). But a reasonable amount of piracy is people who wouldn't buy the game if they could, they just download and play games they otherwise wouldn't care about, or couldn't afford, or whatever their lame excuse is. None of that excuses piracy, it is still wrong. But it is completely incorrect to say that every download is equal to a lost sale.

And I disagree with you, same with courts and laws and businesses. If piracy didn't equal to loss sales, there wouldn't be a big fuss over it at all.

But let's not turn this into one of those debates and let's stay on topic.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
And I disagree with you, same with courts and laws and businesses. If piracy didn't equal to loss sales, there wouldn't be a big fuss over it at all.

It's not an opinion matter; it's a fact. Piracy = some lost sales. But not every pirated copy = 1 lost sale. Anyone disagreeing is wrong, plain and simple. As I said, none of that excuses piracy, it's still wrong. It doesn't matter if you would have paid for it or not, if you don't pay for it, you have no right to it.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

I can assure you that I wouldn't have bought a DS if I couldn't use a flashcart on it. That's $145 for Nintendo right there (about the amount I paid for my Lite back in the day). Apparently Nintendo made money because of piracy, go figure.
Because courts, laws and business never make a big fuss over nothing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3