Hacking Wii U Controller working as a regular controller on VWii?

SSMatt123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.badgerbadgerbadger.com
XP
Country
I don't know how much or not this has been looked into, but while trying out emulators for old consoles it struck me how good it would be if the Wii U pad's buttons worked after seeing it displayed on the screen.

Could there be some sort of way to trick the console into detecting it as a classic controller or something?

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I don't know how much or not this has been looked into, but while trying out emulators for old consoles it struck me how good it would be if the Wii U pad's buttons worked after seeing it displayed on the screen.

Could there be some sort of way to trick the console into detecting it as a classic controller or something?

No, we will need to modify the entire vWii to add that, and it won't be easy, the only app I know that could support Wii U Pro Controller wiressly is Nintendont, but nothing about in normal vWii, better wait to Wii U Mode Full Homebrew is enabled and then we can see if is possible to do something there.

Reactions: FanLuigi

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No, we will need to modify the entire vWii to add that, and it won't be easy, the only app I know that could support Wii U Pro Controller wiressly is Nintendont, but nothing about in normal vWii, better wait to Wii U Mode Full Homebrew is enabled and then we can see if is possible to do something there.

the wiiu pro controller is not the same thing as the wiiu gamepad, the OP asked about the gamepad

SSMatt123
the problem here is, that the vwii communicates via bluetooth with its controllers, but the gamepad doesnt communicate via bluetooth, but via a 5 ghz wireless connection, so for now its not possible

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
the wiiu pro controller is not the same thing as the wiiu gamepad, the OP asked about the gamepad

SSMatt123
the problem here is, that the vwii communicates via bluetooth with its controllers, but the gamepad doesnt communicate via bluetooth, but via a 5 ghz wireless connection, so for now its not possible

Yeah I know that, only I wasn't sure what controller he means, but Nintendont developers doesn't say nothing yet to support Wi Fi to GamePad :( ...

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I believe this topic has already been discussed, and we ruled it out for now because you'd need to create a custom IOS specifically for the gamepad button input. It's a lot harder than it sounds to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Gy3BOmvLf2w?list=OLAK5uy_k27izUIERfT-RIE1qN1CHIOIkW4h5A9BY Play this song if...