Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.batman.de
XP
Country
France
could you explain what's behind ?

For the other topic ... Im pretty sure we only need a few days to get clarity about the FW5 exploit. Nobody said something about ready2play homebrew

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
could you explain what's behind ?

For the other topic ... Im pretty sure we only need a few days to get clarity about the FW5 exploit. Nobody said something about ready2play homebrew
Ready2play is? explain please.. idk why lot of fragment info

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
The only thing this accomplished was screwing the entire community over. Marionum1 hadn't released this for the same reason fail0verflow didn't release theirs: there was no point. We can't run anything, and Nintendo is going to patch it with their next update. If that dumbass garyopa hadn't posted it, it could have been saved for a time when it was actually useful.

Reactions: kimotori

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The only thing this accomplished was screwing the entire community over. Marionum1 hadn't released this for the same reason fail0verflow didn't release theirs: there was no point. We can't run anything, and Nintendo is going to patch it with their next update. If that dumbass garyopa hadn't posted it, it could have been saved for a time when it was actually useful.

JoostinOnline u have reason , but think that: the webkit bugs is everywhere on internet, and f0f have explain the situation ages ago, i think nintendo dev know the webkit problem from ages but didn't fix it why?
Nintendo progressive update the webkit , update after update, a clever dev (nintendo dev too) can do the same (find exploit ecc) without that leak

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Correct, even if we didn't have to worry about fixing the ROP patch for v5 and finding a kernel exploit, we still have to remake the SDK to be usable(and distributable, hence why devkitppc exists), which takes a really fkn long time when there aren't many qualified people (hence this thread being up to 14 pages with next-to-no actual content).

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is various people saying the same two things over and over. Here's a thought: this exploit is basically useless as-is. If Nintendo patches it, barely anything is lost. This isn't some magical everyone-gets-easy-homebrew exploit. If anything, this is just one of a set we'd need to effectively hack the system.

If somebody leaked a kernel exploit early, that would be a real problem. This isn't.

Reactions: rednekcowboy

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
This thread is various people saying the same two things over and over. Here's a thought: this exploit is basically useless as-is. If Nintendo patches it, barely anything is lost. This isn't some magical everyone-gets-easy-homebrew exploit. If anything, this is just one of a set we'd need to effectively hack the system.

If somebody leaked a kernel exploit early, that would be a real problem. This isn't.
Nothing but a ton of work and research. That may not mean much to you, since you had nothing to do with it though.

Reactions: Vappy

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing but a ton of work and research. That may not mean much to you, since you had nothing to do with it though.

As it stands, its best use is for understanding the system, not running homebrew. That's what I think, at least. We need a solid starting point before we can really start coding homebrew.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if this exploits finished and finally we can play all wii u back up on HDD i hope some1 can also ripping down the size of the games of wii u, because its disaster to download massive size of the game at the sametime storing it on HDD :lol:

IF you are downloading wiiu "scene" releases from bitcoin begging groups that do not know how to compress an image you are wasting hard drive space/bandwidth and valuable seconds of your life. Start reading from this post
http://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiu-game-dumps-list-and-nfo.366269/page-15#post-5011186

btw anyone notice pOwEruPandDiE dropped off the face of the earth? perhaps not enough bitcoins came in or they got capped by their isp or they're learning about this thing called "compression".
(Author's note rhetorical question /don't care /just pointing out obvious etc)

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
As it stands, its best use is for understanding the system, not running homebrew. That's what I think, at least. We need a solid starting point before we can really start coding homebrew.
And a step towards that starting point just got taken away. How are you not getting that?

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And a step towards that starting point just got taken away. How are you not getting that?

f0f barely needed a browser exploit, for what it's worth. They worked mostly from the bare metal, up. That being said, as has been said many times before, this is just one browser exploit. There's loads of them.

ReigningSemtex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The person who leaked this should probably hang their head in shame, that said I look forward to wii u homebrew I mainly want gamepad support as classic controller in vwii mode

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
snip
because I will get my copy of Mario Kart 8 tomorrow and wanna register it and then download Windwaker HD, because I actually never played the original ... I know, shame on me XD
so I was thinking of updating to 5.0 tomorrow... Im still on 4.0.2 right now :/ hmmm soooo what to do, what to do ^^
snip
... I just dont wanna regret my update decission in a couple of months, when there finally is homebrew, but still no access point for 5.0

Think about this logically.
If you wait to update there's a REALLY good chance (now that an "exploit"/bug has been released) a new update WILL be released (sooner rather than later). You may not be able to get 5.0 any other way but off a nintendo update server. There is currently no known discs which have 5.0 on them and absolutely no guaranty one will. You can be cautious and backup your chips in case you can/need to rollback. But honestly unless you are reversing hardware or software you may never have a need to go back.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think about this logically.
If you wait to update there's a REALLY good chance (now that an "exploit"/bug has been released) a new update WILL be released (sooner rather than later). You may not be able to get 5.0 any other way but off a nintendo update server. There is currently no known discs which have 5.0 on them and absolutely no guaranty one will. You can be cautious and backup your chips in case you can/need to rollback. But honestly unless you are reversing hardware or software you may never have a need to go back.

I'd say later rather than sooner. But it's worth the wait to play WWHD.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
f0f barely needed a browser exploit, for what it's worth. They worked mostly from the bare metal, up. That being said, as has been said many times before, this is just one browser exploit. There's loads of them.

So, where is the 5.X version then? Since it's apparently so easy to find exploits and make them?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i don't understand, why tell everyone to update to v5 and then tell everyone after that it will take a long time to find a exploit on v5, thats bad trolling man :( but from the looks of things the browser exploit won't be ready for a while anyway, i just hope you give v4 and v5 equal priority, i hate the waiting game especially when nintendo will update during that time a lot of people will be waiting offline for the miracle browser exploit and will get bored of waiting, well i know i will.

We (I) specifically said you CAN update to 5.0.0, A) it's entirely your choice whether you want to, nobody's forcing you, B) I also specifically said it's POSSIBLE to get it working on v5, but it may take longer. C) You should be able to use common sense to think "Hm, this new software version is new and might not have much supported yet, I should stay on an older version that I know people have had time to pour into". In other words, it's entirely your fault for not reading correctly/enough. Damn GBAtemp'ers reading only what they want to read and skimming through the rest.

So, where is the 5.X version then? Since it's apparently so easy to find exploits and make them?

You're looking at it with this thread, it's not the exploit that's broken, it's the ROP chain to get our code executing that's broken, they're 2 entirely different things.

Reactions: Marionumber1

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where did you hear this? The browser exploit was essential to hacking the Wii U.
It wasn't really essential besides getting common keys and Starbuck ancast key. That being said, I suppose we could really use them right now, so I'm just a derp.

You're looking at it with this thread, it's not the exploit that's broken, it's the ROP chain to get our code executing that's broken, they're 2 entirely different things.

And for the average person who doesn't know what that means, we basically just have to find where the stuff we were using before got shoved around to in the new version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: m