Homebrew Wii U automatically updated, will I lose my access to homebrew and hacks?

Imaginesafety

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, I haven't touched my Wii U in months, but yesterday my friends and I decided to play Smash. I connected to the wifi and had to reset the console because I needed to re-calibrate the gamepad's analog stick.

Anyways, when it turned on it said that it was going to update and my only option was to press okay. I know for a fact I made the precautions to make sure that it would never auto update, but maybe re-connecting to the wifi disabled it (I had to reconnect because I can only connect 5 devices at a time to my wifi at school). I believe I am now firmware 5.5.2.

Forgive me because I haven't been on the forums in a while, but will I still be able to use mods and emulate through the web browser method? I don't want to try anything and mess my console up or brick it. Thanks in advance.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello all, I haven't touched my Wii U in months, but yesterday my friends and I decided to play Smash. I connected to the wifi and had to reset the console because I needed to re-calibrate the gamepad's analog stick.

Anyways, when it turned on it said that it was going to update and my only option was to press okay. I know for a fact I made the precautions to make sure that it would never auto update, but maybe re-connecting to the wifi disabled it (I had to reconnect because I can only connect 5 devices at a time to my wifi at school). I believe I am now firmware 5.5.2.

Forgive me because I haven't been on the forums in a while, but will I still be able to use mods and emulate through the web browser method? I don't want to try anything and mess my console up or brick it. Thanks in advance.
You should report your post and ask for it to be moved to the Wii U section.

Homebrew still works fine on 5.5.2, but if you don't already have Haxchi (or CBHC) I suggest installing it, because the browser exploit for 5.5.2 is unstable and requires several tries to work every time.

Imaginesafety

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should report your post and ask for it to be moved to the Wii U section.

Homebrew still works fine on 5.5.2, but if you don't already have Haxchi (or CBHC) I suggest installing it, because the browser exploit for 5.5.2 is unstable and requires several tries to work every time.
Ooops. Appreciate it.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will there ever be a haxchi way to install without buying a game? I mean: eShop for Wii U won't be online forever, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/O8G6DCnlLDQ