jamezfat

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rickrolled.fr
XP
Country
United States
recently, I've been poking around in wii homebrew development, and am quite curious about a specific feature.
in certain wii titles, there was a distinct connection with a ds handheld, allowing for data transfer and in some cases downloading small titles to the internal memory of the ds system in a very similar way as the gba to GameCube connection...

I've been searching around a bit, and can't find too much on the subject, and am interested in seeing if anyone else has gotten it to work in any homebrew.

so if you know anything feel free to speak up, I'd love to hear it!

temptemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
recently, I've been poking around in wii homebrew development, and am quite curious about a specific feature.
in certain wii titles, there was a distinct connection with a ds handheld, allowing for data transfer and in some cases downloading small titles to the internal memory of the ds system in a very similar way as the gba to GameCube connection...

I've been searching around a bit, and can't find too much on the subject, and am interested in seeing if anyone else has gotten it to work in any homebrew.

so if you know anything feel free to speak up, I'd love to hear it!
Umh CycloDS card had that function working, I remember myself playing Pokemon Battle Revolution using my CycloDS.
I don't know if there's some info around and I strongly doubt that they mentioned how they got it to work.

Reactions: jamezfat

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is likely the wii functioned as a download play server/access point.
There was some work done recently on the concept, though I am unsure what, if anything, was done for the wii as there were other methods.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/haxxstation-ds-download-station-exploit.473648/
If you can't get that working for your wii then your DS will need flashme as it is the main way people booted unsigned versions of download play code without it.

Were I doing it as a homebrew project then I would probably skip the lot (unless I can get the bypass working above I guess) and just use conventional local network access -- no need for anything fancy that way and there are plenty of tried and true server-client things using standard protocols for the DS and Wii.

Reactions: CeeDee and jamezfat

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if you go through that haxxstation thread, you may notice I did fully RE the protocol and everything behind it on wii and DS side and document my progress slowly in that thread, so you can send over your own files from wii to ds, I did also create a topic for it over in the wiiu homebrew section here since that is more active than the wii homebrew one.

Reactions: jamezfat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1