Hacking Wii Shop Trouble Shooting

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went ahead, and accepted the EULA for the Wii Shop Channel, and for WiiConnect24. Instead this time the EULA is for RiiConnect24, and Wiimmfii.

I encountered the issue from downloading something from the Wii Shop, and then as soon as the download starts, it stops and says "error code 204704" did a quick search on the Internet, and it has to do with Nintendo doing maitence with the server. The problem is that they are not, and the issue probably has to do with Wiimmfii, and RiiConnect

Judging by that I also looked up on the Internet and some people have said they have connected fine with RiiConnect, and Wiimmfii on. Am I missing a certain application to download games off the Wii Shop Channel that uses Wiimmfii?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you patch IOSes for RiiConnect? It changes the SHA1 key that the Wii uses to download secure content.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*sigh* No, I said if it was patched that could be the problem. I have no idea why you can't connect to the shop and if you keep modding <200 IOSes you'll end up having to get your Wii repaired, too.

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you patch IOSes for RiiConnect? It changes the SHA1 key that the Wii uses to download secure content.

*sigh* No, I said if it was patched that could be the problem. I have no idea why you can't connect to the shop and if you keep modding <200 IOSes you'll end up having to get your Wii repaired, too.

I don't see in your post where you had said "if"... You implyed "did you..." Meaning did you do this to get onto this

I could probably just use Bootmii to restore IOS 31 since I made a back up. I still had the issue before when I didin't have IOS 31 Patched....

I can still play on Wiimmfii, and use RiiConnect but I have issues with the Wii Shop, and now since I patched IOS 39 I am having issues with General RiiConnect App's like The News Channel,

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I tried completely installing a new IOS 31. None of my HBC App's were using that IOS so I deleted it.
Then I installed a fresh one the latest version with no patches still did not work sadly.

Since I installed the patch I am unable to get into other RiiConnect Features present on the Wii. So it seems like patching it just screwed my Wii over getting rid of RiiConnect24. Nothing was harmed in the process of uninstalling the IOS. So I am pretty much screwed.

BUT
I went ahead, and uninstalled the IOS again, and this time applied a Fake Sign Patch, and NAND Access, and now it works fine.
My original method of putting your previous NAND Backup did not work as well.

So I have access to RiiConnect24 app's now like The News Channel, and Email/Send/Mail features. Only thing that does not work is the Wii Shop Channel (You still get the same error code.) I am assuming you get this issue because your connected to RiiConnect24's Server, and not Nintendo's.

The best solution for playing games from the Wii Shop Channel would be buying a physical copy of the game, extract the game to your USB Device, and emulate off the Wii for best performance.
Your channel's will still work, and your owner ship rights will still be present on the Wii Shop even if you can't download them anymore.

You could also but I would highly not recommend it is using another Wii to send games to another Wii. It may work but I am not 100% sure on what may happen since RiiConnect, and WiiConnect24 run off of different services.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1