Hacking Wii Shop and IOS51 installer Guide

cowboys4life22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all

I have a question, I just updated to the new loader, but was interested in accessing the wii shop. When I goto it, tells me to goto wii settings and update, which I wont be doing. I know about musers wii shop fix, and was wondering if I can install it with the .3 loader already installed. No one has answered this question yet, and would really appreciate some sort of answer. I might be a noobie here, but I have been around the block and understand all the hacking stuff. Thanks in advance.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I used Tona's one and it worked well and I can get into the shop channel now, but I'd thought they were changing Wii Points to Nintendo Points with this update?

PikaZeroX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm also curious to know if installing this will prevent future games from trying to update my Wii? For instance, Animal Crossing will likely have this update on the disc.

If not, is there a way to stop retail games from auto-updating?

Fyuusii

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
djtaz said:
Fyuusii said:
I stupidly remembered that I had a USB dock charger connected to my machine this morning, so I disconnected this and tried again. Unfortunately still no luck installing the shop update. No matter what I do, it always stalls at 8/18 with the same "error making http address" error that Prince Valmont mentioned.

It makes me wonder if this is a networking issue, but why does it always stall at THAT point? I'm confused... =/
I had a problem like that as well - i had to re-install using the ios51 again and it worked - if the ios51 has an install issue you cante move on to the shop channel - try that part again and see how you get on - then try shop channel again - should fix it .

Tried this, tried so many combinations of cIOS 5 (Tona's), IOS51 and the Shop Channel update (tried both Muzer's and Tona's) that it's enough to make my head spin; no matter what I can never get the Shop Channel update finished. It will ALWAYS crash out with the same HTTP request error, though it lacks any consistancy. Most of the time it will crash out on 8/18, but I've had it on 3, 4, 6, 7 and there even WAS one time I got past 8 and up to 11, but the same end result.

I get the feeling this might be linked to the quality of my Internet connection, because the volatile nature of this problem doesn't add up to be a coding issue. I'm on ADSL2+ at 24mbps, but I live in an apartment building and my connection has been a little fickle lately. If one of the writers could give me some insight into what I'm doing wrong or anything I need to change, I'd be forever grateful. I don't particulary wanna spend $500 AUS buying an NTSC Wii.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fyuusii said:
Tried this, tried so many combinations of cIOS 5 (Tona's), IOS51 and the Shop Channel update (tried both Muzer's and Tona's) that it's enough to make my head spin; no matter what I can never get the Shop Channel update finished. It will ALWAYS crash out with the same HTTP request error, though it lacks any consistancy. Most of the time it will crash out on 8/18, but I've had it on 3, 4, 6, 7 and there even WAS one time I got past 8 and up to 11, but the same end result.

I get the feeling this might be linked to the quality of my Internet connection, because the volatile nature of this problem doesn't add up to be a coding issue. I'm on ADSL2+ at 24mbps, but I live in an apartment building and my connection has been a little fickle lately. If one of the writers could give me some insight into what I'm doing wrong or anything I need to change, I'd be forever grateful. I don't particulary wanna spend $500 AUS buying an NTSC Wii.

I had to try mine about 10 times to get it going to be honest - kept getting that error as well - its very frustrating i know. I was also on a bad connection but im not sure if that was the issue.
Maybe it was co-incidental , but i was skipping the IOS51 install each time as i had assumed it was in already so i skipped that , but the first time i used tona's (after much trying) and said yes to everything again it all worked fine.

It may not help you at all , but its how mine worked so i said id share - best of luck getting this going.

Fyuusii

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got up to 18/18 twice last night and it still crashed out
sleep.gif

Seriously getting pissed off here.

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
hey guys I have already installed Muzer's v1 and it seems Tona's version is better and I'd like to install it...should I uninstall Muzer's v1 first or I can simply install Tuna's over it?
In case I have to uninstall, what titles do I have to erase?
IOS51 seems obvious, but what about the shop channel update?

thanks!

minos55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Jm9760 said:
So I have this installed and it works great! Just wondering: Does my Wii think that it's updated now, or will it still try to update if I allow it?
I want to know the same thing still wasn't anwsered

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
So I have this installed and it works great! Just wondering: Does my Wii think that it's updated now, or will it still try to update if I allow it?
I want to know the same thing still wasn't anwsered
In the sense of Wiishop then yeah it believes you have updated, so it wont prompt you.
You can still update officially though....haha

minos55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
what about if a game comes out with this update will it count ass being updated or will the game want to update the wii

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
I was installing this update on a friend's Wii and I had a heck of a hard time getting this to work. It always crashed with some http problems or other weird errors. In the end I was able to install IOS51 using Muzer's installer v2 and the shop channel update using Tona's installer (after skipping the IOS51 from that one). It was so frustrating!
Isn't there a way to have offline installations, like with Wiigator's cIOS?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was only thinking the same thing myself - need to find where the files are for this and get them and add to the zip

Hazz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to update, I installed this and then added some points and downloaded a song on World Tour patched. Everything worked great. I'll be using the remaining points for target toss pro on monday. If someone can link me to a place on how to dump vc games into wads, i'd be happy to give back to the great community on here.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
So, today I wanted my Shop-Channel up-to-date (And yes, I realy need that!!). First, I tried Tonas Installer...didn't work. Then I tried Muzers one (or two
tongue.gif
)...IOS51 installed without a problem...but the Shop Channel always fails...(Code Dump, can not download the whole Channel, http-Error, etc...always different errors...).

So, can somebody say me how can I update the Shop-Channel? I'm on a PAL 3.2E, and will stay there...what about updating-by-hand? Would this be possible?

So please...help me...Many Thanks in Advance...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D